Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 06:29 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Here we go again:

I've always loved this about Nixon.

He was so earnest. I think he actually believed that because he was President he was above the law.

Strangely enough, Nixon's VP resigned amidst charges of bribery, conspiracy, tax fraud, and corruption in general.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:45 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
...................AND we must not forget the wacko Doctor of trump who we all knew lied about his health now admits it was a dictated letter from trump and that is why "his bodyguard" came in and took it.
Indeed.
While no surprise, it’s an interesting turn of events.
I wonder what got the doctor talking all of a sudden.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:06 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've always loved this about Nixon.

He was so earnest. I think he actually believed that because he was President he was above the law.

Strangely enough, Nixon's VP resigned amidst charges of bribery, conspiracy, tax fraud, and corruption in general.
I think some folks have forgotten how this administration began. I don't think it's a good idea to underestimate the consequences of sycophants still surrounding him. Speaking of, whatever happened to Mr. Miller?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:11 AM

Far as I know, Miller is still lurking around the WH.

I'll bet the "sleepy eyed" commentary came from Miller.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:23 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Hello everyone, and welcome to the official "Potus is lying again" sticky thread. Your one-stop thread for any and all posts meant to call out the president for any proven/unproven lies he may or may not have told. Also, this thread is not only restricted to posts about President Trump. Feel free to discuss other public figures who you feel have been caught being dishonest or deceitful. On this thread, you will have the freedom to go where your mind takes you without fear of having your thoughts removed because you have gone "off topic". As long as you are "on topic" in the loosest sense of the word, your posts are safe here. Of course spam or posts which have absolutely no business on the thread will be removed.

However, please understand that the off topic rule is the only rule not being enforced as usual on this thread. Trolling, inappropriate language, hate speech, personal attacks, etc. are still prohibited and posts which do not adhere to the rules of the site will be removed. So please, engage in healthy debate, and do not attack other users.

5.............4............3...........2.......... .1..........Begin.

Edit:

This thread exists, as a sticky, because every few days a new thread with the same title, "Potus is lying again" pops up on the forum. Inevitably, the thread goes off topic and then is shut down. So I have created a thread with wider boundaries in order for users to discuss this subject however they wish. So the inevitable off topic posts will not be removed unless it is absolutely necessary, and threads which deal with "lies" the president has told will end up here. I hope this helps people better understand the reason this thread exists, and why it is a sticky.
I'd like to start off by what I say about all of these failed and worthless POTUS is Lying again threads...

Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

That is all. Have a nice morning y'all.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:23 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why would the President's legal team know in advance what Mueller wanted to ask the President?
from the washington post:

"Mueller’s team agreed to provide the president’s lawyers with more specific information about the subjects that prosecutors wished to discuss with the president. With those details in hand, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow compiled a list of 49 questions that the team believed the president would be asked, according to three of the four people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly ... After investigators laid out 16 specific subjects they wanted to review with the president and added a few topics within each one, Sekulow broke the queries down into 49 separate questions, according to people familiar with the process"

if these were a list of questions that jay sekulow put together, based on the meeting with mueller, then mueller wouldn't have a copy of that list and couldn't be the source of the leak.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:31 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Far as I know, Miller is still lurking around the WH.

I'll bet the "sleepy eyed" commentary came from Miller.
I guess what I'm getting at is, is it any surprise that Mr. Trump is attempting to assert the 'absolute right' to do whatever he wants as POTUS, i.e. an autocratic rule of sorts.

From day 1. He & his sycophants apparently feel justified or entitled to present 'alternative facts'.

Strange times.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
from the washington post:

"Mueller’s team agreed to provide the president’s lawyers with more specific information about the subjects that prosecutors wished to discuss with the president. With those details in hand, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow compiled a list of 49 questions that the team believed the president would be asked, according to three of the four people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly ... After investigators laid out 16 specific subjects they wanted to review with the president and added a few topics within each one, Sekulow broke the queries down into 49 separate questions, according to people familiar with the process"

if these were a list of questions that jay sekulow put together, based on the meeting with mueller, then mueller wouldn't have a copy of that list and couldn't be the source of the leak.
Robert Mueller would never give out a list of questions like this. They read like something a first year law student might put together.

Why team Trump tried to pretend this was from team Mueller's is anybody's guess, but it was a fool's gambit that didn't pay off.

In any case, here we are.

If Trump wants to bring this investigation to a close, all he has to do is give a straight answer to these questions and let the chips fall where they may.

Might I suggest he do this before the midterms rather than after?

But then, he's the one with the high priced legal counsel.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I guess what I'm getting at is, is it any surprise that Mr. Trump is attempting to assert the 'absolute right' to do whatever he wants as POTUS, i.e. an autocratic rule of sorts.

From day 1. He & his sycophants apparently feel justified or entitled to present 'alternative facts'.

Strange times.
Strange the way they all keep insisting that everyone works for Trump.

This is a lie.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:42 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
from salon:

"On Tuesday, Fox News correspondent Ed Henry reported that sources "in the Trump orbit" speculated that the president had leaked the list himself"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies