Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 01:37 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

To be fair, Nixon might have told more lies if Twitter had been around.

I listened to a tape of Nixon telling tell Halderman that he loved him and to stay strong and that there would be pardons.

Halderman told his hush up with that talk.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM

When it came to lying, Cheney was no slouch either.

He lied us into two wars, and outed an undercover agent working on nuclear containment.

He also lied about how deficits don't matter and likely a lot of other lies that we'll never know about because he was more of a backroom deal sort of guy.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-01-2018 at 02:16 PM..

Old 06-01-2018, 01:58 PM

Reagan lied a fair amount as well.

To be fair, it is unclear how much he actually knew and how much he was just a congenial front man for the the behind-the-scenes guys.

Also, it is unclear exactly what the situation was from a cognitive standpoint. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers after he left office, but there were plenty of signs of dementia while was still POTUS. As the years went on, Nancy insisted he be protected and his staff was quite good at this.

I recall listening to Reagan tell a story about his days as a fighter pilot in WWII.

Even I knew this was BS as he had never been a fighter pilot, and had spent the entire war in the U.S.

He either got a movie roll confused with real life, or he was flat out delusional.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This kind of data only tells half the story. Did anyone track the lies of past presidents? Im sure Trump is probably in the lead, but if the same standards were used to measure previous office holders, where would Trump fall? Is he THAT far ahead? Possibly, but the bias and lazy work here makes it impossible to compare.
News Flash – Trump is POTUS now! No one can fix the past presidents but “THIS ONE” needs to stop the lying. The republicans in office have fallen asleep on the job; they are complicit in Trump's lies and actions, none of which are in the best interest of the nation as a whole. The GOP is owned by Trump & Company, his pathetic administration at the WH continues to get on their knees for this piece of manure. Wake up and smell the coffee folks “this is your president” - lies and all.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
dang! I was right!

I put the news on a little while ago and caught the cheeto making his comment about the letter from kim. the cheeto said it was a very nice letter.

of course I believed he was lying because he's a liar, and figured the letter really was on the nasty side.

lo, and behold, I just turned on the news just now and the cheeto just said that he hasn't yet read the letter!

cray cray!

Old 06-01-2018, 02:12 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
dang! I was right!

I put the news on a little while ago and caught the cheeto making his comment about the letter from kim. the cheeto said it was a very nice letter.

of course I believed he was lying because he's a liar, and figured the letter really was on the nasty side.

lo, and behold, I just turned on the news just now and the cheeto just said that he hasn't yet read the letter!

cray cray!
Habitual liars have a hard time keeping track of all their lies.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
dang! I was right!

cray cray!
Just amazing.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Habitual liars have a hard time keeping track of all their lies.
Actually, pathological liars lie as a matter of course. It's like they become incapable of telling the truth. They open their mouths and lies just fall right out.

Case in point. He could have simply said, "I haven't read it yet," but the truth never even occurs to him. Lying is his natural state.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:08 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, pathological liars lie as a matter of course. It's like they become incapable of telling the truth. They open their mouths and lies just fall right out.

Case in point. He could have simply said, "I haven't read it yet," but the truth never even occurs to him. Lying is his natural state.
All of the above is also true of plain old garden variety bs artists (aka con artists).

Old 06-01-2018, 04:20 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When it came to lying, Cheney was no slouch either.

He lied us into two wars, and outed an undercover agent working on nuclear containment.

He also lied about how deficits don't matter and likely a lot of other lies that we'll never know about because he was more of a backroom deal sort of guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Reagan lied a fair amount as well.
God knows I hate Dick Cheney (he is just plain evil) - and I don't think much of Reagan, either. But did either of them - on a daily basis - INVENT conspiracy theories - and - on a daily basis - insult past presidents with lies and impugn and undermine our institutions with baseless falsehoods?

The daily onslaught is so corrosive - chipping away like a dripping faucet - to our form of government. Certainly our politicians and government aren't perfect - but Trump's total DISRESPECT for ANY PART of our government is treasonous.

Trump is sabotaging - on a daily basis - our Constitution and our Government.

He needs to be impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies