Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 01:53 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,205,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
This is what happens when you have ignorant blow-hard as a president:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/in...in-response-to

"BMW is the largest U.S. auto exporter and employs 10,000 people at a plant in Spartanburg, S.C."

Yeah, he is making America Great Again, but only for a chosen few.
Whoa! Looks like there'll be layoffs in Trump Country. But I'm sure that Cult45 will blame it all on Obama and Hillary.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:41 PM

19,958 posts, read 8,860,828 times
any collusion found today? lol

Old 07-10-2018, 02:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,563,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
any collusion found today? lol
Yup.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM

51,585 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yup.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:28 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,349,290 times
Default So many red flags. Why are Trump supporters so blind?

I'm afraid I am going to compose a long one. I just have to point out why I am not comfortable with Trump.

Everybody I know talks about Trump. There is never a family meal or water-cooler meetings or a seniors' dining room without the talk . When Trump was elected we couldn't believe voters could be so foolish. Even after the ***** locker room chat and his infidelities and not paying the contractors he commissioned. He refuses to submit his tax records. Fishy.He claimed bankruptcy a few times and who do voters think paid the bills he reneged on? Somebody had to. I don't know who. He hides that his companies needed financing and Russian businesses gave it. Indicates he cannot raise it at home.

He does not know history, plainly rude and tweets instead of sleeping on it before he reacts.

You gotta know that.

Trump is a sales guy we all know that and he talks/emotes like one. (I should know I was one of his kind [hard sell] just didn't have a rich Dad). Combine that with lack of knowledge about history. There is no way he is not acting for the benefit of the rich - its all under wraps - which paves the way for his own companies to prosper while he is in office and afterward. His family have been appointed as advisors. They currently run Trump family businesses and daddy Trump has influence on how they conduct. They don't even cover it up but voters still refuse to see it.
The military staff appointments look like he is building a military state.
Trumps crowd sold $300Bil worth of arms to Saudi Arabia. If Trump knew history he would know that those arms don't stay in Saudi. ISIL, Al Quaeda, buy them on the black market financed by rich oil families, or steal them from where they are stored.
But Trump heralded this order as being done for American workers.
NRA contributed to his campaign. No wonder Trump keeps his hands off. School shootings keep on going.

If anybody believes lowering taxes on the rich will make more jobs they are being betrayed. History proves money does not trickle down. The rich just keep getting richer, so crazy rich they could never spend it all in their lifetimes nor could their children. Many of us want to be rich, nice thing to have money but it matters how you get there not by stepping on others, gouging the public, using loopholes to avoid paying taxes like offshore bank accounts. Think about how banks charge customers to take their own money out of their account (ATMs) or how spartan interest rates are on middle class investments. Just look at the billions dollars worth of profits corporations and banks enjoy on the backs of people who just want to save up for a decent retirement. Yet we defend capitalism.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:34 PM

16,756 posts, read 8,144,498 times
Looks like the GOP Senate will put a attorney in the number 3 spot in Justice, who worked for Alpha Bank. That is a Russian Bank.

The GOP has lied again and given up trying to hide their Russian connections.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 PM

51,585 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Looks like the GOP Senate will put a attorney in the number 3 spot in Justice, who worked for Alpha Bank. That is a Russian Bank.

This attorney has never tried a case.

Ever.

Joe Manchin, Democrat from West Virginia, joined the Republicans in voting to end the floor debate and proceed to a vote to confirm a man who has never tried a criminal case in his entire life to head the Criminal Division of the DOJ.

Words fail.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-10-2018 at 09:18 PM..

Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,563,821 times
This is what leadership looks like.

Canadian Prime Minister leads a run with Canadian troops on a NATO mission in Latvia, long with the Canadian Defence Minister (the one wearing a turban) who is a real live decorated warrior, and retired as a Lieutenant-Colonel, after doing 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan.

Can't see Trump even trying to do a run. The Secret Service wouldn't let him, afraid he'd have a stroke or a heart attack. Mattis I bet still could.

https://youtu.be/Tb2c--ryCXM

Old 07-10-2018, 08:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,793,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump's comments that people should stop coming to the US illegally proves beyond a doubt he is 1--just f------ stupid, 2--lead around by his nose by people in his circle who love to misrepresent the law TO HIM and to his base, 3--lacks any desire to understand the legal immigration system in the US, 4--is just racist which he proves every time he opens his mouth about immigration process...

He WILFULLY ignores that seeking asylum is a LEGAL activity which has been sanctioned BY OUR GOVERNMENT for decades
Because Trump and his "advisors" choose not to acknowledge that and have thwarted every effort to let that process occur in a logical, legal method they have created this disasterous situation separating children from adults...
Some of these children will perhaps NEVER be reunited w/their families
They will continue to be wards of the US government (on welfare basically) and the Govt is paying some of these "care-giving agencies" $700 a DAY per child...
One of those children was in US custody for almost 3 months and never was bathed...

You may not like illegal immigrants
You might want to close the border for a variety of reasons
But if you support what happened to that child you are behaving just like Germans did when they turned a blind-eye to how the SS treated Jews and others in concentration camps...
The only difference is that most infants were killed before they go to those camps
So I guess you can say our process is "better" than the Nazis'...

Oh--and for what it's worth--the majority of the Jews killed by the Nazi were I believe fully citizens of Germany until their rights were revoked by the government and their property stolen...
The German occupation countries like Poland, the Netherlands, France, etc joined in the process and allowed their Jewis citizen along with gays, gypsies, Seventh Day Adventists, a minority of Catholics and some other religions who opposed the Nazis' practices...

^^^ well said!

Germany is the only other country in the world now that I’m aware of that has ever had a leader who incited a crazed group of individuals to accept his evil demands like Trump has. No other country has taken children away from parents and locked them up in cages… In the early stages of Nazi Germany, Hitler did this and eventually pushed for mass murder of women, children and men who did nothing wrong. I knew who Trump was, but I am amazed at those are condone and accept him as he is. YOU are complicit when you support this evil bigotry and intolerance of other humans and YOU call yourselves conservative Republicans, shame on you.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,423,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Was this fella confirmed after those Rrpublicans returned from there 4th of July holiday trip to Putin's place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies