Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 09:54 AM

7,661 posts, read 5,440,468 times

Advertisements

What will be interesting is what each leader says afterwards as to what occurred in the private meeting. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s different. Who to believe?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:13 AM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
What will be interesting is what each leader says afterwards as to what occurred in the private meeting. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s different. Who to believe?
That is the dilemma, isn't it?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,780,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Putin is giving Trump the original copy of the pee pee tapes from the hotel.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:15 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,558,389 times
Can any Trump fans translate this for us?

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...23458177822720

Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Can any Trump fans translate this for us?

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...23458177822720
What farm product is he talking about?

Lot of people don't know you can call England the U.K., the United Kingdom, or Great Britain?

I think a lot of people know that.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:50 AM

8,326 posts, read 4,303,904 times
Trump - "I didn't criticize the prime minister." — talking about British Prime Minister Theresa May

Trump in a Sun interview - "I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn't agree, she didn't listen to me. She wanted to go a different route. I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine. She should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on. ... The deal she is striking is a much different deal than the one the people voted on."

Trump - calling the Sun interview "fake news" – so I guess he was calling himself a liar

Trump referring to NATO - "Everyone's agreed to substantially up their commitment. They're going to up it at levels they've never thought of before."

European leaders said they merely agreed to keep doing what they've been doing. Leaders from France, Germany and Italy offered no support for Trump's claim that he had wrung new concessions out of the alliance on their military spending.

Trump – “The US pays 4.2 per cent of a much larger GDP. In fact, the GDP since I've take over has doubled and tripled, so it is a very unfair number." "I told people that I'd be very unhappy if they didn't up their commitments very substantially because the United States has been paying a tremendous amount, probably 90 percent of the costs of NATO."

The U.S. military budget compromises about 70 percent of the military spending of all NATO countries together. Administrative cost of NATO is capped at 22% for the US. The typical growth of GDP its typically measured in a few percentage points per year, if you are lucky. Saying the GDP of the US has tripled in less than two years absurd at best.

Trump - "Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They're getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it's something that NATO has to look at."

Germany gets about 13% of its energy from natural gas, a major part from Russia. Over 80% comes from its own coal, nuclear and renewable energy.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump - "I didn't criticize the prime minister." — talking about British Prime Minister Theresa May

Trump in a Sun interview - "I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn't agree, she didn't listen to me. She wanted to go a different route. I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine. She should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on. ... The deal she is striking is a much different deal than the one the people voted on."

Trump - calling the Sun interview "fake news" – so I guess he was calling himself a liar

Trump referring to NATO - "Everyone's agreed to substantially up their commitment. They're going to up it at levels they've never thought of before."

European leaders said they merely agreed to keep doing what they've been doing. Leaders from France, Germany and Italy offered no support for Trump's claim that he had wrung new concessions out of the alliance on their military spending.

Trump – “The US pays 4.2 per cent of a much larger GDP. In fact, the GDP since I've take over has doubled and tripled, so it is a very unfair number." "I told people that I'd be very unhappy if they didn't up their commitments very substantially because the United States has been paying a tremendous amount, probably 90 percent of the costs of NATO."

The U.S. military budget compromises about 70 percent of the military spending of all NATO countries together. Administrative cost of NATO is capped at 22% for the US. The typical growth of GDP its typically measured in a few percentage points per year, if you are lucky. Saying the GDP of the US has tripled in less than two years absurd at best.

Trump - "Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They're getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it's something that NATO has to look at."

Germany gets about 13% of its energy from natural gas, a major part from Russia. Over 80% comes from its own coal, nuclear and renewable energy.
Trump is untethered from reality.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:47 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,420,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What are you talking about?

U.S. already has a "talking relationship" with Russia and Putin.

Nor did Obama let Putin run over us. Several rounds of sanctions over invasion of Ukraine, Magnitsky Act, meddling in our elections. The exact same sanctions that team Trump is forever trying to do away with. IIRC, Congress passed legislation to keep him from doing so without their involvement.

Claiming that Putin controlling our nation will make the world a safer place for our kids is lie.

Kids are never safe in a word run by ruthless dictators.

Google that if you doubt me.
Yeah. No kidding , not two years in office and Trump kidnapped , what, 2000 children, and has them cleaning toilets in the detention facilities and being injected with who knows what to pacify them. North Korea anyone?
Savage beast.
Of course Putin is his peer group.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,642,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Note also how beautiful Melania is, as compared with frumpy Moochelle Obama, who always looked like a slob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yes, we know. Donald the God Emperor has the most beautiful wives that money can buy. I wonder when he'll be ditching Melania for a younger eastern European mail order bride?
Right, it's all such B. S. anyway, all just for show. She's only there because he wants others to be impressed with him, but she'll be out of there when she can be. (Oh, and a new mail-order bride would have to be entirely without a brain to hook up with this thing).

To those who are only easily impressed by outer appearances as Dump is - so she is nice looking and gets to model fashionable clothing...what else does she have to offer? And their "relationship" means nothing. It's all just another Lie.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:37 PM

I admire Melania. From what I've read, she grew up in a concrete apartment in Slovenia.

She got out, got her sister out, got her parents out.

She married a bully to do it. That's not an easy life.

Kidney procedures, such as she had, are often the result of trauma. Given that she stayed at Walter Reed for nearly a week and then disappeared for about a month, I'd bet good money she got beat up by the bully she's married to.

Trump takes Don Jr., Ivanka, and Tiffany to Camp David, something none of them have ever shown the least bit of interest in. I suspect they were discussing the financial details of a postnuptial agreement because shortly thereafter, Melania starts making limited appearances.

She's tried to make a couple speeches, visit a few children's hospital, launch a FLOTIS initiative. None of them have been particularly successful. Not sure what the "I don't care" jacket was about. That remains a mystery.

But she looks nice when she goes out in public and tries her best to get along with people.

Her marriage may be a lie, but she's doing the best she can.

That's all any of us can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies