Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 08:28 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. I can almost see Andrews from my apartment across the river. And the weather today is fine. I hope Trump gets stuck in traffic on the Suitland Parkway.
He is just endearing himself to the commuters of the DC Metro area.

Traffic is bad enough add a Presidential Motorcade yikes.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:50 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Someone told me yesterday if you goggle IDIOT guess who comes up first?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:02 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Someone told me yesterday if you goggle IDIOT guess who comes up first?
Yep, it's true. Made headlines a few days ago.

The internet wins again.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:10 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
President Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed by a man with a pickax early Wednesday, according to Los Angeles police. Now that is really sad,,,,,,,,,,, someone could have been hurt by the pickax while walking by. lol Donald’s star explodes into pieces.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/polit...ash/index.html

Old 07-26-2018, 11:27 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Fascinating read here:

Evidence Shows Hackers Changed Votes in the 2016 Election But No One Will Admit It

Will we be faced with all of this again? I'd bet so.

We should push for paper ballots. Keeps thing honest.

Quote:
In spite of what your favorite television legal drama says, circumstantial evidence is still considered to be reliable evidence. Most evidence, including DNA, audio recordings and even scientific evidence is circumstantial evidence, as opposed to direct evidence (a videotape of a shooter firing a gun at the victim, for example).

And despite what Donald Trump, the Kremlin’s Executive in Charge of U.S. Operations, would have you believe, every credible intelligence source agrees that Russian hackers, under direct instructions from our sidepiece president, Vladimir Putin, interfered with the 2016 presidential elections. The evidence shows this is true.

According to the New York Times, Trump has seen text messages from Russian officers, emails from agents in the United States and “information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.”

So far, most of the news has focused on the “disinformation” part of the narrative—that Russia posted misleading ads on Facebook and spread propaganda on other social media outlets. We know Soviet agents paid protesters and created false news reports.

Aside from the widely known Twitter bots, the hacking part has been largely underreported—mostly because of the difficult-to-explain technological intricacies of the story and the vastness of the Soviet effort.

U.S. officials will admit that Vladimir Putin interfered with the 2016 election. They don’t specifically deny that Russian operatives altered votes. They will only say they cannot confirm that fact. They will say that there is no conclusive evidence to support it.

That is simply not true.

When one dissects the publicly available information on Putin’s state-sanctioned campaign to elect Donald Trump, the same evidence that supports the intelligence community’s assertion that Russia wanted to elect Donald Trump also points to the inescapable fact Soviet actors most likely changed votes.

...We were left knowing that Russia attempted to break into almost half of America’s voter databases, but the DHS assured the public that they had no evidence that any of the systems were actually compromised.

That was a lie.

Very interesting read on the Georgia machines that were proven to be hacked, but since the don't keep a post election audit, the fudged numbers may never be known. This is the same Georgia that, when sued for access to the voting records so they could be audited, immediately wiped the data from both the main and backup servers.

Reality Winter is in jail over getting this information out.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:38 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
God bless you, Bob Mueller!

Can you imagine how many times White House aides must facepalm daily every time Trump tweets? I'm sure they've asked him to stop, but that probably only made Trump want to tweet even more.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1022523951560437760

Old 07-26-2018, 12:40 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Fascinating read here:

Evidence Shows Hackers Changed Votes in the 2016 Election But No One Will Admit It

Will we be faced with all of this again? I'd bet so.

We should push for paper ballots. Keeps thing honest.

Very interesting read on the Georgia machines that were proven to be hacked, but since the don't keep a post election audit, the fudged numbers may never be known. This is the same Georgia that, when sued for access to the voting records so they could be audited, immediately wiped the data from both the main and backup servers.

Reality Winter is in jail over getting this information out.
Michigan had a bunch of districts, more than a 100, where more votes were counted than voters counted by the poll books.

Lots of electronic voting machines where a recount was not possible.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:09 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
God bless you, Bob Mueller!

Can you imagine how many times White House aides must facepalm daily every time Trump tweets? I'm sure they've asked him to stop, but that probably only made Trump want to tweet even more.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1022523951560437760
How long before Trump puts out that "others" have been writing some of his tweets....

Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Well the Daily Beast has a story about the Russians hacking Clair McCaskill's campaign.

Trump has lied again.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:23 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well the Daily Beast has a story about the Russians hacking Clair McCaskill's campaign.

Trump has lied again.
His short attention span combi ed with a two hour meeting with Putin I m sure his fatigue just caused his prediction to be a bit off.

At least he remembered something about Russia, and hacking elections , and democracts , from their conversations that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies