Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 07:56 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
My goodness. That sounds like total Trump LOL.
Doesn't it though?

These stories went way back.

Trump always denies playing with the people who report he cheats.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As I was trying to track down the alleged golf fee dispute, I ran across an interesting tidbit.

Nobody knows what Trump's handicap is as he cheats constantly. Apparently, he can hit a ball a ways, but accuracy remains a challenge.

So, if he doesn't like where a ball lands, he just hits another ball.

Or he drives his golf cart ahead of the other players and claims that a ball clearly hit off into the weeds actually landed on the fairway.

He writes down scores that he didn't get on his scorecard, concedes putts to himself by raking the ball into the hole rather than actually putting, and claims a "gimme" for chip shots.

Apparently, he is fun to play with, but he "cheats like hell."
Trump has the ability to "compel" lot of pro golfers to play with him
The word I have read--not usually reported to media--is that privately those guys just hate playing with him
He is not a "golfer" ---- he is an old fart who golfs---
There is big difference
Most pro golfers can't stand people who cheat when they play
So being with Trump and having him do it constantly sets their nerves on edge

Maybe someone like Lindsay Graham doesn't care because he is as poor a player as Trump but for a "real" golfer--even an amateur--to see someone malign the rules of golf that have existed for so long, it is a bitter pill

Old 07-30-2018, 09:00 AM

Apparently, he's quite the storyteller and buys people lunch. Number of reports about how playing golf with him is a good time.

Just that he cheats constantly.

Absolutely no reports of him playing an honest game. Not one.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Apparently, he's quite the storyteller and buys people lunch. Number of reports about how playing golf with him is a good time.

Just that he cheats constantly.

Absolutely no reports of him playing an honest game. Not one.
Trump cheats at golf? I'm shocked, shocked...

Old 07-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump cheats at golf? I'm shocked, shocked...
I was stunned myself.

I could not find one report of him playing even one honest game.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:11 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
From BBC news, the following clip.

"When President Donald Trump first called the media "enemy of the people" last year, it elicited outrage. Arizona Republican Senator Jeff Flake said it was an example of an "unprecedented" and "unwarranted" White House assault on the free press."

He goes on, in the clip to show how even Nikita Khrushchev forbade the use of the term "the enemy of the people" as it was introduced by Stalin to "annihilate such individuals who disagree with the leader".

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p05v7027/45001525

Old 07-30-2018, 10:18 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Trumps tweet storm today, deflection. Some big going to come out.

The man sends out messages with lies and you have to wonder how many libel issues have come across Cohen's desk.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I think Washington did quite a bit of "wrong" things
He dies from syphillis I believe and had a reputation as a true Lothario--
He also wasn't be best general in the Revolution on our side (that was Benedict Arnold believe it or not--before he was forced to join the British)
But Washington's Farewell Address is prescient so he did have some brains--unlike Trump

Old 07-30-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

The man sends out messages with lies and you have to wonder how many libel issues have come across Cohen's desk.
Despite all the insults, press is "enemy of the people" and who knows what all, can't help but notice that Trump has avoided any mention whatsoever of Avenatti.

Manafort's trial starts tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Guiliani has changed his message somewhat
Now he is saying that "conspiracy" is not a crime--
AND that Trump wasn't AT the Trump Tower meeting--not that he didn't know about it

So I think the game of musical chairs is drawing to a close--
Maybe not for Mueller because he is prosecuting Manafort and has several others in his sights but for Trump's attempts at obfuscating...
Cohen's recordings will have BIG effect on Trump's ability to lie publicly
The more lies he tells now, the more will come back to bite him when the real truth comes out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies