Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 03:27 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What other politician tells a dozen lies a day, day in and day out?

What other politician holds rallies in which he/she encourages the audience to chant "Lock her up," encourages them to direct their anger towards reporters in the venue, encourages them to believe that the FBI is a nefarious endeavor?

Can you name even one in Trump's league?
Nope, can't think of any.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:33 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the degree and blatancy of trump's lies is what sets him apart. it's like grouping all those that do 30-35mph in a school zone with someone doing 125mph. the first example happened day one, first press conference with a false claim about crowd size ( that they continue to hold onto despite all the evidence to the contrary ).
Amazing that Trump supporters continue to claim that "they all lie" so no big deal.

T

Old 10-12-2018, 07:09 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
WORDS MATTER.

Words especially matter when uttered by the president of the US.

His words carry enormous import and can be market and world moving politically.

Americans, at one time, could listen to a president with reasonable assurance that, for the most part, they were hearing some semblance of the truth. No previous president has ever lied with the frequency and outrageousness as this one.

Nowadays, I don't listen to one word that man utters. I see him on the TV, I hit mute. See him in a video, I hit mute. For, as sure as night follows day, I can be certain that 95% of the hot air he blows is a lie.

I'm tired of being told on a daily basis that I am STUPID.

Because, that is what a lie is. An INSULT to your intelligence.

The Liar is telling his listeners he believes they are stupid and therefore he can lie to them because he knows they are dumb enough to believe him - or, even worse, make excuses for him.

Trump insults the citizenry of this country numerous times a day with every lie/ignorant utterance out of his mouth. If he doesn't know something, he just makes stuff up. Worse, he often doesn't know what he doesn't know - and he can't be bothered to learn. Reading, apparerently, is very hard for him.

He clearly has no respect for his office, or the people of this country. Further, he doesn't even recognize that he is president of ALL the people. As far as he is concerned, only his base count.

The rest of us have no president.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I agree with the strange "pats on the back" thought. Seems a way of telling her "it's over, thanks for keeping your mouth shut". There's so much more to this whole story than what we've been told in the media so far. Bratt will continued to be investigated by the media so more will come out later. He's done nothing but lie so far................ telling the truth you tell it once and it's over, telling a lie seems get repeated over and over.
Oh yeah. Clear during the Fox interview that he s a bully. She was nt aloud to speak and was clearly terrified she was asked to speak in front of him without his permission.
She s a handmaid.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:44 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Trump is lying about his opponent's both old and new. The rest of the GOP going crazy, from locking up democrats to holding up their voter registrations.

Just how afraid are they? Enough to take away the right of free speech and the right to vote.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
WORDS MATTER.

Americans, at one time, could listen to a president with reasonable assurance that, for the most part, they were hearing some semblance of the truth. No previous president has ever lied with the frequency and outrageousness as this one.

Nowadays, I don't listen to one word that man utters. I see him on the TV, I hit mute. See him in a video, I hit mute. For, as sure as night follows day, I can be certain that 95% of the hot air he blows is a lie.

The Liar is telling his listeners he believes they are stupid and therefore he can lie to them because he knows they are dumb enough to believe him - or, even worse, make excuses for him.

Trump insults the citizenry of this country numerous times a day with every lie/ignorant utterance out of his mouth. If he doesn't know something, he just makes stuff up. Worse, he often doesn't know what he doesn't know - and he can't be bothered to learn. Reading, apparerently, is very hard for him.

He clearly has no respect for his office, or the people of this country. Further, he doesn't even recognize that he is president of ALL the people. As far as he is concerned, only his base count.

Lying is the greatest of disrespect as it steals the listeners(targets) freedom of choice.

How can you make a responsible choice in your life when you are constantly gaslighted and presented with lies about reality. Alternative facts ...hideous.

Evil is as evil does.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:23 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
WORDS MATTER.

SO true. He doesn't know what he is doing, is in it for himself and is the biggest mistake ever. It has been this way for far too long, already...the big pretender. How he is able to remain is ridiculous...but know that there is a difficult process involved to get him out, unfortunately.

As you say, we have never before experienced this, we could listen to a president speak and trust that for the most part, things were being handled. I was not always watching news waiting and hoping for something positive to surface. Like you, once I have heard references to something new he has said or done, I will mute the TV any time he is shown, usually uttering something as I do so.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, that is really telling. I feel sorry for her the way I feel sorry for Melania. She has a brute of a husband.
I had said that those closest to him would know of the reality, after everything occurring with the hearing, having a discounted claimant, an unfinished investigation and unheard witnesses - then having Kav being treated by some as if he is the greatest guy ever. Everything involves tRump getting his way and his going on about how great everyone and everything is, is just all for show.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:27 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Trump lying so often at his rallies that they are no longer being covered. The majority of the people are seeing how nuts Trump really is.

We are also seeing that it is only about the dollar. His lies about the Saudi's are really making him looked played.

His past statements about how he loves you if you buy some condos (Saudi's, Russians) shows how to manipulate him.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:38 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Trump was in Ohio lying about how "incredible" Robert E. Lee was. Report was that the crowd cheered.

Now why would people in Ohio cheer a traitor and a loser?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies