Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 12:00 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
If you can’t acknowledge their religion is part of culture, we can’t have this discussion.
whatever.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
As I said earlier... the 80s were full of iffy stuff, looking back.

Sixteen Candles, which I do still love, had all sorts of questionable material.

I think it's more about my view of it from how I saw it as a teenager, not how I'd see a new movie like that now.

Make sense?

I do think it's really nuts to take today's societal expectations and apply them to stuff from decades prior.
I think that might be more a function of the stupefying of our society more than anything.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:02 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
When crossing the social justice warrior class there must always be punishment, and there can only be one punishment. Destruction of all present and future livelihood. It's like medieval England where there was only one punishment for any crime, death.

And they did nothing wrong. They just thought it would be a cute pose, and it was.
Sez you. I find that people when caught doing or supporting something that may be offensive to someone else - when informed of the social error - no matter how gently will respond full bore - claiming that it is they who are under attack, when all they had to do is acknowledge that someone else may be offended by their actions and be done with it. It is in overblown defense that most times indicates they know they are wrong - but are embarrassed to admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Edit: Look above...it was a meme that has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. Our ignorance has been exposed and we must now all turn ourselves in to the re-education camps.
A group of white people. A dress of Chinese culture. A Hindu gesture. No matter how benign, how can you say that it has nothing to do with race or ethnicity when the picture says otherwise? Nobody has asked you to go to a "re-education" camp. Just to be aware of what you are putting into the world. Is that really so much of a burden to you?

Old 05-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Perhaps she could have avoided all this by not posting it for the ENTIRE world to comment on, though?

Personal responsibility and all that.

I doubt her prom was ruined at all.
once again we have a "she wouldn't have been raped if she hadn't worn that skimpy dress" comment.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I totally agree with you regarding the attention wh*ring aspect of making one's social media pages public. When you stand on a soapbox and share your life with everyone, ye shall reap what ye sowed.
seriously?

do you also argue that women in suggestive clothing are asking to be sexually harassed/raped?

Old 05-01-2018, 12:07 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
They are referencing a famous Youtuber. The pose is called "Papa Bless", which is actually about Papa John pizza...
Sorry, could you explain this further? Even googling "Papa Bless" gets me nowhere close to this issue. How does "Papa Bless" relate to the Namaste gesture?

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 05-01-2018 at 12:16 PM..

Old 05-01-2018, 12:07 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
seriously?

do you also argue that women in suggestive clothing are asking to be sexually harassed/raped?
No, but I think you trying to connect the two is very funny, in a Marmaduke comic strip kind of funny.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:08 PM

This thread has taught me that certain types of hatred are perfectly fine while other types of .... non-liberal approved.... behaviors are indeed both to be hated, and are acts of hatred even if they are not acts of hatred.

thank you crazy people of the left for showing the world your bigotry.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:09 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Sez you. I find that people when caught doing or supporting something that may be offensive to someone else - when informed of the social error - no matter how gently will respond full bore - claiming that it is they who are under attack, when all they had to do is acknowledge that someone else may be offended by their actions and be done with it. It is in overblown defense that most times indicates they know they are wrong - but are embarrassed to admit it.

A group of white people. A dress of Chinese culture. A Hindu gesture. No matter how benign, how can you say that it has nothing to do with race or ethnicity when the picture says otherwise? Nobody has asked you to go to a "re-education" camp. Just to be aware of what you are putting into the world. Is that really so much of a burden to you?
They're not wrong, they were just making a cute pose, that apparently had something to do with Pappa John's Pizza. But it's too late for me, they won't let me off of the bus headed to the re-education camp! Thankfully they have let me keep my cell phone, but it seems they have blocked me from accessing 4chan and Alex Jones's youtube channel!

Pray for my soul!

Old 05-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
No, but I think you trying to connect the two is very funny, in a Marmaduke comic strip kind of funny.
im not the one defending the attacks on a high school girl. that would be you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies