Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 11:56 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I remember about 50 years ago, seeing a poster of the Marx Brothers in a dorm room;

Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Gummo, Zeppo.........and Karl.
I guarantee if you told college students, Progressives and Millennials that the above were all brothers, they'd believe it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 11:56 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You can agree with someone else to act their slave and work for them but you can never have that legally written down in contract.

In a union it would be like buying a vote.
What judicial system are people living under in you scenario?

Legal? What does that mean?

Old 05-03-2018, 11:57 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Doesn't matter. Your system requires that a man living alone away from the syndicate use his labor to stave off said entity if they deem it necessary to utilize his tools in his absence.

And then you want to require him to know where the next factory town over is located too. Hell, you require him to know the existence of the syndicate and their political functioning features.

Slavery of the body and mind...just like a lot of Marxist ideologues propagated as they ravaged the world last century.
There is no system as you described, only universal laws. Any person, no matter where they live, has no right to hold a monopoly on tools used for production.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Yah, that'll work. A bunch of visionless labor making command-level decisions. Right..., sure, no problem!!!!

You've obviously never run a business or other organization, or you would know that it takes special people to see broadly and deeply, to be able to read the tea leaves, develop a long term plan and short term tactics to accomplish the organization's mission. Labor, OTOH, just has to do what they are told.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
What judicial system are people living under in you scenario?

Legal? What does that mean?
There are no legal contracts in syndicalism.

But I believe ancaps believe in legal contracts? Am I wrong?

Old 05-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
There is no system as you described, only universal laws. Any person, no matter where they live, has no right to hold a monopoly on tools used for production.
You don't get to decide what is and what isn't a tool.

We went over this last time. You use a hammer to pound nails. I have sex with it. Bob prays to it. Tom is building a hammer couch because he loves the way it feels when he sits on one.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
There are no legal contracts in syndicalism.

But I believe ancaps believe in legal contracts? Am I wrong?
Yes, we do.

But you said that slavery could never legally be written into contract. I'm confused. Where is this law you speak of coming from and how did it get here?

Old 05-03-2018, 12:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
So if someone supports Marxism they're a troll.

It's capitalism or nothing.
Marxism is like the troll charging you to cross the bridge that you don't even use.... all for the commune

Old 05-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Workers

See that "s" on the end? That means power is centralized by committee. It can be a committee of 2 or a committee of 7 billion but it's still a committee.
Each worker has control over their own labor.

If you work with others then you share the management of whatever you are producing.

The syndicates only exist to represent the union (business) in the wider community. If you don't want to be part of a union you don't have to, but you can't monopolize use of tools to extend your production beyond your own abilities.

Input=output.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:02 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Obviously, nor any idea what you are saying, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies