Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 01:10 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I only looked at the Catalonia one - sounds horrific. Just as well it only lasted three years.
Yes, because the communists, republicans, and fascists all united to destroy them first. People are never allowed freedom, and work can never be voluntary by the peasant class. Slavery must exist for the system to remain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the Zapatista terrorists brought freedom??? not likely
They are not terrorists, I don't care what the state says, they are not terrorists.

They only ever defend themselves which is why they've gained international support. Anyone who attacks state and capitalist control is the enemy.

Even in Nigeria, where the indigenous population is destroyed by water pollution from oil extraction, the destruction of crop fields, and none of the profits going to the people. The people who resist are to you terrorists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_Delta_Avengers

Old 05-09-2018, 01:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Yes, because the communists, republicans, and fascists all united to destroy them first. People are never allowed freedom, and work can never be voluntary by the peasant class. Slavery must exist for the system to remain.
All I see is a bunch of farms and businesses being stolen.

Your use of the term peasant, reflects how your thinking is stuck in the past

I suspect you don't know how free you are.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I don’t believe in a state, or even the state stage like Marx. If the economy is developed to the point where a majority of private revenue is being handled from worker managed facilities the entire equity/stock market system will collapse and soon the state its upholding will go to as imperialism and neo-colonialism will no longer be necessary.
"
So how is Marx the greatest human to ever live if he believed in the "stage state"?

Old 05-09-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
All I see is a bunch of farms and businesses being stolen.

Your use of the term peasant, reflects how your thinking is stuck in the past

I suspect you don't know how free you are.
I know I'm not a peasant, but in Catalonia there were plenty. That is besides the point;

Peasant: a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).

Old 05-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"
So how is Marx the greatest human to ever live if he believed in the "stage state"?
It was an idea, proven not to work in my opinon. Despite what people claim that was never the crux of his argument.

Either way his interest was never in state control as he classified that as another class class system. That is why he looked to the Paris communes as a model for how society should be formed.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:28 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
I know I'm not a peasant, but in Catalonia there were plenty. That is besides the point;

Peasant: a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).
There were lots of peasants until not so long ago in Europe -they didn't need Marxism to rise out of peasanthood.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"
Also such a stage had worked before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sankara

Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
There were lots of peasants until not so long ago in Europe -they didn't need Marxism to rise out of peasanthood.
None of this is relevant to my argument; I only used peasants as a descriptor, you can replace that word with working class if you want.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I care more for what he’s saying then who he is. Like I said there many others who could hold his torch.

With that being said, do you have any links to suggest he’s a racist (I couldn’t find any)?
He's a white privilege promoter and "capitalism is racist" drum beater.

He can go F himself with that nonsense.

If he thinks I've been "disadvantaged" for not being white he can give me his Manhattan or Paris apartment. I'll take either one of them.

Spread the wealth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies