Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 07:13 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Diplomacy is definitely the best way to deal with North Korea. And I have been very critical of POTUS 45. I still think Donald Trump is grossly unqualified to be president and doesn't really understand the intricate details of any of the issues he is charged to deal with.

However, as a mature adult, I'm able to tip my cap to Donald and Pompeo and acknowledge a "win" on this issue with the detainees. Good job done by all. Way to bring 'em home.
I totally agree, and that’s frightening. It is, however, good when he falls into a success. For that, I’m happy and grateful.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Two of the captors were taken under Trump's watch. One of them was taken under Obama's watch. NONE OF THAT BICKERING MATTERS.

Three Americans are coming home! Good job Donald Trump, GREAT job Mike Pompeo!
You are forgetting about Otto Warmbier. Otto and the way he came home should never be forgotten IMO. It's a reminder of the seriousness when dealing with NK.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Diplomacy is definitely the best way to deal with North Korea. And I have been very critical of POTUS 45. I still think Donald Trump is grossly unqualified to be president and doesn't really understand the intricate details of any of the issues he is charged to deal with.

However, as a mature adult, I'm able to tip my cap to Donald and Pompeo and acknowledge a "win" on this issue with the detainees. Good job done by all. Way to bring 'em home.
I think many will have this view.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,247 times
Quote:
I still think Donald Trump is grossly unqualified to be president and doesn't really understand the intricate details of any of the issues he is charged to deal with.
I think he understands more than people give him credit for. He seems to genuinely listen to his advisors, and is not a micromanager like Obama was.

I think Trump appears ignorant because he doesn't like show his hand to everyone. He is vague and unpredictable.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I think he understands more than people give him credit for. He seems to genuinely listen to his advisors, and is not a micromanager like Obama was.

I think Trump appears ignorant because he doesn't like show his hand to everyone. He is vague and unpredictable.
Perception is reality in trumps case ,he appears ignorant becuase he is ignorant.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:19 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
This is good news and a win for Trump's team. But with this and many of the other hostage takings over the years, I wonder why we get so concerned. Most of these people traveled against advice to places known to be dangerous. Some engaged in illegal activities in those places. They took their chances and lost.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post

Totally disagree. It has taken a year and a half for him to figure out what diplomacy means. He should have had that the day he walked in to the office.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Maga!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is good news and a win for Trump's team. But with this and many of the other hostage takings over the years, I wonder why we get so concerned. Most of these people traveled against advice to places known to be dangerous. Some engaged in illegal activities in those places. They took their chances and lost.
In particular, these three men were not residents of the USA, not born Americans.

They all came here and got their citizenship and then made the choice to go live in South Korea and China.

I would hope we don't somehow make them martyrs or heroes -- they aren't.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Exactly. You travel to a country that is openly hostile towards the United States you pretty much deserve the Darwin Award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies