Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 06:01 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
It also takes a lot of galactically gullible people to vote for Trump, that's with Russian troll farms farting fake news too. It sure as hell doesn't help Clinton to have Russia.
And this here is the exact kind of patronizing and blame-shifting that cost Hillary the election and is going to cost the Democrats the 2020 election if they keep doubling and tripling down on it rather than looking inward for answers.

Russia didn't tell Hillary to hide an e-mail server in her broom closet and commit multiple recordkeeping and Espionage Act violations that by all rights should have earned her an indictment. Russia didn't tell her to talk down to voters like they were her inferiors. Russia didn't tell her to insult roughly half the voting population by calling them deplorables and dupes. Russia didn't tell her to badmouth Wall Street one day and say "I didn't really mean all that" while taking their campaign money the next day. Russia didn't tell her not to bother campaigning in Pennsylvania and Michigan because they were supposedly in the bag. Russia didn't convince her she was so entitled to the Presidency that it never even occurred to her to write a concession speech.

Russia had precisely zero impact on the election outcome. Hillary lost all by herself, with some assistance from an obsequious media who convinced her TrumpClown could never win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 06:15 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And this here is the exact kind of patronizing and blame-shifting that cost Hillary the election and is going to cost the Democrats the 2020 election if they keep doubling and tripling down on it rather than looking inward for answers.
So you're feelings got hurt?

Are you going to tell me that Trump is a man of kind words to his adversaries? Seriously? You've going to hide behind that narrative type of "mean ole Hillary called us names". You're boy Trump is a complete jerk and you love it. It's embarrassing how hypothetical that is.

Quote:
Russia didn't tell Hillary to hide an e-mail server in her broom closet and commit multiple recordkeeping and Espionage Act violations that by all rights should have earned her an indictment. Russia didn't tell her to talk down to voters like they were her inferiors. Russia didn't tell her to insult roughly half the voting population by calling them deplorables and dupes. Russia didn't tell her to badmouth Wall Street one day and say "I didn't really mean all that" while taking their campaign money the next day. Russia didn't tell her not to bother campaigning in Pennsylvania and Michigan because they were supposedly in the bag. Russia didn't convince her she was so entitled to the Presidency that it never even occurred to her to write a concession speech.
If you weren't a deplorable bigot then why get offended? And you can't be a Trump supporter and take a moral a high road.... just stop. There's no moral superiority with Trump.

Quote:
Russia had precisely zero impact on the election outcome. Hillary lost all by herself, with some assistance from an obsequious media who convinced her TrumpClown could never win.
I realize you have to tell yourself that.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:28 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
So you're feelings got hurt?
Whether "my" feelings got hurt is irrelevant. Insulting tens of millions of people whom you are trying to convince at least a portion of to vote for you is bad politics, period. You don't sh*t where you eat.

Quote:
Are you going to tell me that Trump is a man of kind words to his adversaries? Seriously? You've going to hide behind that narrative type of "mean ole Hillary called us names". You're boy Trump is a complete jerk and you love it. It's embarrassing how hypothetical that is.
What's embarrassing is a) your equating Trump attacking specific adversaries with Clinton insulting wholesale swaths of voters, essentially conceding Clinton had an adversarial view of the voting public; and b) your belief that critiquing X automatically means supporting Y as if it's some kind of zero-sum equation. I mean, jeez -- I even called him "TrumpClown" in the very post you're responding to. Don't feel too bad about that one though, there are simple minds on the other side too who do the same thing whenever I critique Trump.

Undoubtedly Trump was a vicious jerk to some of his adversaries and that was bad form. While he was merciless to Hillary herself, what he didn't do was gratuitously insult Hillary supporters or other major voting demographics as an entire group. In fact a very effective tactic I've never seen anyone comment upon before was his use of inclusionary language when referring to groups he was trying to entice, such as "our coal miners" or "our auto workers" or "our military members." Hillary largely spoke down to these groups even if she wasn't doing so deliberately, while Trump's choice of determiner carried an implicit "we're in this together."

Quote:
If you weren't a deplorable bigot then why get offended?
Because the other of the two camps she divided Trump supporters into was only marginally less flattering: basically, either you're a bigot or you're stupid. Again, just plain bad politics.

Quote:
And you can't be a Trump supporter and take a moral a high road.... just stop. There's no moral superiority with Trump.
I can take whatever road I like and there isn't a bloody thing you can say about it. That's because you don't even know what road I'm on, so you assumed instead.... just stop. There's no moral superiority with EITHER of these crappy people we had to choose from.

Quote:
I realize you have to tell yourself that.
I realize you have to tell yourself Hillary lost for any number of reasons other than she was a stupendously awful candidate.

Last edited by Bitey; 05-07-2018 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies