Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you think Mueller's Russia investigation will end?
End of a witch hunt with no evidence of wrong doings 41 41.41%
No impeachment, but some blaming statement comparable to the "carelessness" in the Hillary email investigation conclusion 14 14.14%
Impeachment, but acquittal 3 3.03%
Impeachment + conviction, but stays in office 4 4.04%
Impeachment + conviction + resignation or removal from office 18 18.18%
Other (elaborate) 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

The only legitimate answer is the first one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm an optimist, so I think that this whole affair will come to a head, within two to three months. I'm confident that Trump and most of his cohorts will either be imprisoned or will bolt for countries without extradition treaties with us. The charges will go beyond just betraying our country by enlisting Russian sabotage in our elections, but will include major money-laundering for mobsters and influence-peddling to our enemies, both internal and from outside the country. I think there's only one or two of Trump's cabinet members, who will skate free.

Mueller probably already knows everything he needs, to make this all happen. But, he'd like to get Trump to perjure himself in an interview, to provide some frosting on the cake. The courts will handle this purge of the rotten elements in our government, not the useless and spineless republican majorities in congress, that temporarily have paralyzed our country.

Yeah. Russians caused Hillary not to campaign in Wisconsin!

Old 05-04-2018, 08:18 PM

Thread should be retitled “liberal fantasies and dreams” thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
I chose 'other'. Trump will be cleared, but the investigation will lead to indictments of members of the Mueller team.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:02 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
If Mueller didn't have a case then Trump would have nothing to worry about and keep his mouth shut. But the more he protests the more guilty he looks.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
How do you think Mueller's Russia investigation will end?
Millions will be spent, nothing will be accomplished, and life will go on...just like everything else government does.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I think Trump will play lets make a deal when Kushner is indicted. I think Trump's sketchy business deals will surface as will his extensive Russian mob connections. I think he will simply resign.

As for what the judge said about the Manafort case. Lets look at facts. Manafort's civil case against Mueller was thrown out. The judge didn't understand why one case against Manafort was turfed and his case wasn't. Ellis is trying to understand how Manafort's banking fraud and other charges are related to Russian collusion. The prosecutor insists that it is and the judge wants to see more evidence before he proceeds with a case that he thinks might be in the wrong jurisdiction. A grand jury signed off on the charges which means that there is probable cause to proceed with the case. The acting attorney general signed off on the case. A judges job is to monitor the law not make personal assumptions about a case. Facts are facts, opinions are not the law. Nice try for those of you who would rather see someone like Manafort go free to help Trump. Remember, one charge against Manafort is conspiracy against the united states. One question Mueller has for Trump is what and when did you know about Manafort's outreach to the Russian's concerning them helping with your election. (I'm sure Gates spilled the beans) There is reasonable evidence to suggest that Manafort committed crimes. These allegations need to be explored whether in Judge Ellis's court room or another jurisdiction.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:40 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm an optimist, so I think that this whole affair will come to a head, within two to three months. I'm confident that Trump and most of his cohorts will either be imprisoned or will bolt for countries without extradition treaties with us. The charges will go beyond just betraying our country by enlisting Russian sabotage in our elections, but will include major money-laundering for mobsters and influence-peddling to our enemies, both internal and from outside the country. I think there's only one or two of Trump's cabinet members, who will skate free.

Mueller probably already knows everything he needs, to make this all happen. But, he'd like to get Trump to perjure himself in an interview, to provide some frosting on the cake. The courts will handle this purge of the rotten elements in our government, not the useless and spineless republican majorities in congress, that temporarily have paralyzed our country.
This is pure comedy.Trump will be continuing to MAGA for the next sever years, and nothing the two kinds of democrats can do about it.
To be a good supporter of the left, one must either corrupt, or totally ignorant. I don't think the left supported posting in here have anything to gain by being corrupt, so I must conclude you all fall into the second category..
If you need further convincing that what I say is true, please read again the post to which I'm responding.... Comedy at it's best...

Old 05-05-2018, 10:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
After today's bombshell, I think it is pretty much over with....
The Federal Judge Ellis chewed Muller up and spit him out.....
Every time Trump wins, America wins......
That’s Best said!

Old 05-05-2018, 10:26 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Evidence of collusion will be discovered, but due to Trump's loyal base and the spineless GOP, there will be no impeachment or prosecution and Trump will get off scott-free. He will lose the 2020 election though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies