Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 03:00 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There is no love lost between the 2. I'm sure Trump will respect his wishes.

OTOH, I no longer trust NBC's trusted sources unless they want to name names.

Of course Trump doesn't like funerals anyway, because he knows he would not be the center of attention!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 03:02 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Life is funny when we plan to carry out requests after we’re dead

“I don’t want him at my funeral, I mean, I’ll be dead and won’t know the difference. But still.”

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-06-2018 at 04:04 AM..

Old 05-06-2018, 03:48 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
McCain is a real American and that threatens trump and everything he stands for.The people who bad mouth McCain now ,aren't real Americans real Americans don't attack former prisoners of war and American heroes.
I prefer heroes WHO WERENT ONE OF THE KEATING FIVE CORRUPT BASTARDS.
$3BILLION IT COST US TAXPAYERS. John McCain is among the sleaziest of congress.
Lets also remember that McCain destroyed three aircraft before he got to the fleet. Any other cadet whose father was not an admiral would have been kicked out. McCain got quickly promoted to command instead. Then was shot down due to his own ineptitude.
McCain -- Did He Show the Right Stuff?

"“I recognized the target sitting next to the small lake from the intelligence photographs I had studied,” John McCain recalled in Faith of My Fathers. “I dove in on it just as the tone went off signaling that a SAM was flying toward me. I knew I should roll out and fly evasive maneuvers. . .But I was just about to release my bombs when the tone sounded, and had I started jinking [maneuvering to evade the SAM] I would have never had the time nor, probably, the nerve to go back in once I had lost the SAM. So, at about 3,500 feet, I released my bombs, then pulled back the stick to begin a steep climb to a safer attitude. In the instant before my plane reacted, a SAM blew my right wing off. I was killed.”

By his own admission, then, McCain failed to follow instructions in combat. He did not try to evade the missile. Moreover, the pilots who were flying near him, one of them with a handheld camera, said he was not hit by a SAM. He had flown too low and was brought down by a barrage of antiaircraft fire. Since a SAM exploded in a bright orange fireball visible for miles around, it was unlikely that they had called it wrong. And since official navy records listed John McCain as downed by AAA fire, they were puzzled by why he later insisted in his political campaigns that it was a SAM.

As other pilots saw it, John McCain, quite simply, had got himself shot down.

But McCain also made another error in the next four to six seconds after he was hit. He failed to use the proper procedure he had been taught for ejecting. As a result, he injured himself critically, breaking both arms and his right leg.

Chuck Rice got shot down at the same time as McCain. Rice was hit at 12:48 p.m. After Dick Wyman had to return to the carrier with a mechanical problem, Rice continued to fly as the wingman for one of the other two pilots from 162, his roommate Ron Coalson. When Coalson made a turn, Rice fell behind him.

“Why’d I get slow?” Rice said. “Because I was stupid. I was looking around and got distracted.”

Rice was trying to catch up when Coalson radioed, “Chuck, you got one at ten o’clock.”

Cover sheet for the 1967 Command History of VF-162—Chuck Rice’s fighter squadron.

The U.S. Navy report of Chuck Rice's shoot-down. (No.7) John McCain was in the other aircraft downed at the same time.
Chuck Rice looked to his left and saw a missile headed at him. Then he saw another SAM fired right behind the first one.

“I started the maneuver,” Rice said, “I was doing what I was supposed to do, flying an arc around it with a barrel roll. The first one went by and it looked like a telephone pole, that’s how close it was. I didn’t even get my wings level when the second one just blew my airplane to hell.”

The plane burst into flames, burning Rice’s arms. His left wing was blown away. The plane went into a spin and rocked so violently that Rice couldn’t grab the ejection handle which would trigger an explosive charge to shoot him out of the cockpit and open his parachute.

“Holy ****!” Rice said aloud. “You’re going to die.”

Rice knew that if he ejected without first putting himself in the proper position, as he had been trained, he risked injuring or even killing himself. The cockpit was small and as tight as a metal holster. Not ejecting properly meant he would hit the plane’s sides as the ejection charge propelled his chair up and out of the cockpit. The chair then separated from his parachute.

“I tried to reach for the ejection handle,” Rice said. “But the plane was shaking so violently that I couldn’t get a hold of it. I put my left hand on the radar scope and threw my shoulders back against the seat so it wouldn’t rock. With my left hand braced, my head held down, I grabbed the ejection handle. I was thinking, ‘You’re going to break your back but you are going to get out of here.’”

Rice ejected without injury. With cool thinking, he had forced himself into the proper position for the ejection.

“The next sensation I felt was just violent tumbling,” Rice said. “Then I looked up and here I am with a chute. And the worst despair I’d ever felt hit me at that moment. I started crying. I said, ‘This can’t be happening to me!’ Floating down. Tears coming out of my eyes.”

By comparison to Rice, McCain described his ejection like this:

“I reacted automatically the moment I took the hit and saw that my wing was gone. I radioed, ‘I’m hit,’ reached up, and pulled the ejection seat handle. I struck part of the airplane, breaking my left arm, my right arm in three places, and my right knee, and I was briefly knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection.”

Without adding context or further explanation, McCain and his co-author Mark Salter left it to sound like breaking two arms and a leg during an ejection was a fairly routine occurrence. In fact, it was an error that McCain would pay for with his resulting bad health"

Old 05-06-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Exactly. The President has made repeated comments about McCain that impugn his character without ever apologizing. That's not a grudge; it's justifiable anger. He's perfectly in the right to tell Trump to stay away from his funeral.
LOL. A politician who cant take criticism or a.cheap shot.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
What about people who disdain Trump who don't have brain cancer, or anything resembling an actual clinical diagnosis of a mental illness?

(and don't bring up the title of Michael Wiener/Savage's book, because that's an instant credibility destroyer right there)

Speaking of which, does this guy really seem sane to you? Just curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=ups4FeSuHvY
'Roid rage? Seriously, what the heck was that?

Old 05-06-2018, 04:02 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
LOL. A politician who cant take criticism or a.cheap shot.
Eh, I think McCain can handle himself just fine. I think this is more about his concern that Trump's presence will cause distress for his wife Cindy and his family while they're grieving his death, and I respect that.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
And that's why he is now known as Bitter John McCain. I hope someone chisels the word BITTER next to his first name on his tombstone. John McCain pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. He was a cranky bitter old man and it showed the first time he ran for President. Bush and the Media exposed him for the bitter bastard that he was. When he Ran against Obama his family convinced him to get on some pain pills and anti-depressants. Suddenly he was a much nicer guy. However, that was just a band-aid. you don't go years of being a POW to taking a handful of pills a day years later and are automatically ok. In the meantime, his family has become rich while he has devoted his life to public service. Once again a person in public service his entire life has become a multi-millionaire. How does that continue to happen?? Yet all the anti-Trumpers call Trump a crook. LOL
"McCain and Keating had become personal friends following their initial contacts in 1981,[11] and McCain was the only one of the five with close social and personal ties to Keating.[42][43] Like DeConcini, McCain considered Keating a constituent since Keating lived in Arizona.[35] Between 1982 and 1987, McCain had received $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.[44] In addition, McCain's wife Cindy McCain and her father Jim Hensley had invested $359,100 in the Fountain Square Project, a Keating shopping center, in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators.[7][45] McCain, his family, and their baby-sitter had made nine trips at Keating's expense, sometimes aboard Keating's jet; three of the trips were made during vacations to Keating's Bahamas retreat at Cat Cay.[7] McCain did not pay Keating (in the amount of $13,433) for some of the trips until years after they were taken, when he learned that Keating was in trouble over Lincoln.[7][46]"

Old 05-06-2018, 04:09 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
I don’t blame McCain, Trump has far more pressing issues to worry about high school games of who is picked and not picked to look at a corpse.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:05 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Countries in the Middle East don't want us there and McCain still votes to go there. Don't do as I do, do as I say.

At least on policy we know where McCain is coming from. Granted often enough his policies stink but he's not that flip flopping kind like trump or obama or bush.
Yes, McCain has made no bones about being a murdering bastard that supports war anytime anywhere.

One would think with his background he would be the opposite. I pass it off as PTSD but one should seek treatment not advocate damaging thousands of others needlessly.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:13 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Life is funny when we plan to carry out requests after we’re dead

“I don’t want him at my funeral, I mean, I’ll be dead and won’t know the difference. But still.”
I don't imagine the family would be happy to see him there. I wouldn't, in their shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies