Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 06:50 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,420,464 times

Advertisements

I doubt that Trump would even consider going in person. McCain despises Trump and Trump has no love for McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Butthurt Snowflakes that haven't accepted he results of the Nov 16 election....that's about it.
Really? Are you sure it has nothing to do with President Trump saying things like "I like soldiers who weren't captured"?

Old 05-05-2018, 06:54 PM

25,852 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess he didn't want a far more accomplished at being a drama queen Trump at his funeral.
He was such a stand up guy in the Hanoi Hilton but now he just a butthurt little drama queen. People change.

Trump could very well go down as one of the greatest US Presidents in history if he wins peace in Korea and the Mid East. Whether you personally like him. And McCain will be long gone but will be remembered as the guy who shunned a great President from his funeral.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,124,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Along with reports that the plan is for Bush and Obama to give eulogies at McCain's eventual funeral, and that his family is at his Arizona ranch, the end must be near.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-house-n871641
Although I disagree with McCain on most things, he is a standup guy and a true American Patriot and war hero. In other words, he is everything Trump isn't. Trump should and likely will respect the request to stay away from any upcoming funeral although he'll probably say something insensitive or insulting on Twitter like the ignorant moron he shows himself to be over and over and over again.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:00 PM

25,852 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Although I disagree with McCain on most things, he is a standup guy and a true American Patriot and war hero. In other words, he is everything Trump isn't. Trump should and likely will respect the request to stay away from any upcoming funeral although he'll probably say something insensitive or insulting on Twitter like the ignorant moron he shows himself to be over and over and over again.
All of a sudden liberals want their President to be a patriot? So you must have been triggered for the last 8 years with the Kenyan globalist in office? The guy who worked to weaken the US his entire terms?

Old 05-05-2018, 07:05 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I like a Funeral to be a celebration. Yes it is the end of a life. It is better to remember all the good a person has done. Trump unable to act in a manner which would bring about a celebration.

I hope McCain is resting comfortably as he battles one last time.
YEPPER~~ McCain certainly deserves to have his wishes recognized. While he is still alive.. I sure hope his life long sacrifices get exposed for the General Public become educated... Certainly the POTUS has Zero historical knowledge much less understandings of " Historical Facts"..

DJT looks only at short term "Headlines"..But history will quickly differentiate the differences! Could it be, with DJT's policies viewing "Immigrants" have the " Statue of Liberty" REMOVED from NY Harbour?? It's obvious, America doesn't welcome those suffering ( Refugee's) and NOW that he has Melania and her family inside US borders now.. HE will SHUT that door too!

When will normal American Citizens WAKE UP to what this "Unhinged Man" and why he is dismantling the Initial "Fabric" of the American Constitution!! McCain was considered a "Maverick" his whole life , while not a perfect human.. He sure tried to be principled when he said something... Politics aside.. He tried to follow his personal/State/Processes of Government !!

I sure wish HIM well, but considering his health threats and his age.. I'm not surprised he is preparing for the " Worst" case scenario!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 05-05-2018 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-05-2018, 07:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,904,003 times
McCain has been the tumor growth on the Republican party for too long. I mean enjoy your final days, make piece with loved ones, yourself, the world, etc. To constantly chase power to your final day, it's sad.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:12 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,774,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He was such a stand up guy in the Hanoi Hilton but now he just a butthurt little drama queen. People change.

Trump could very well go down as one of the greatest US Presidents in history if he wins peace in Korea and the Mid East. Whether you personally like him. And McCain will be long gone but will be remembered as the guy who shunned a great President from his funeral.
He will also be known as the willing accomplice who helped elect Barack Obama. I have no respect for who he became in later days and his actions during the time when he was supposedly running for president.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:14 PM

15,538 posts, read 10,521,878 times
I find this story really suspect, not because of Trump, but because McCain has always really hated Bush. Come on, asking W to speak, my have things changed. I don't think it's that common for presidents to attend senator's funerals anyway.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:15 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,684,646 times
McCain is a real American and that threatens trump and everything he stands for.The people who bad mouth McCain now ,aren't real Americans real Americans don't attack former prisoners of war and American heroes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies