Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 09:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Ok, let's play.

Women are only fertile for a 24-hour period once every 14 to 40 days on average, coming to a complete end at menopause. Men are fertile every waking second of their lives once they hit puberty until their death beds.

So MANDATORY vasectomies from all males at puberty. Vasectomies reversed once said male furnishes the local reproductive office with all the following:

1- Marriage License
2- Two Years Tax Returns - Minimum gross income of $75,000 (and that's per child)
3- Drug Test
4 - Psychological Profile
5 - Six-Month Parenting Class.

Problem solved.
Taking rights away from others because one group refuses responsibility doesn't solve the original problem.

Women could just take responsibility for their own actions. /shrug/ But feminists hate that. Don;t want responsibility ever. It's always someone else's fault.

=

Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Taking rights away from others because one group refuses responsibility doesn't solve the original problem.

Women could just take responsibility for their own actions. /shrug/ But feminists hate that. Don;t want responsibility ever. It's always someone else's fault.

=
Yes, because all of your posts clearly illustrate how equally responsible men are.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, because all of your posts clearly illustrate how equally responsible men are.
I'm confused.

I said use a condom. Over and over and over again.

I was asked what I would do if I were a man who did not want children. My response? Get a vasectomy and wear a condom.

Women who refuse to take control of their sex life by not using BC, using it improperly, only using 1 form, and not having it on hand for those "just in case" "moment took me away" situations are IRRESPONSIBLE.

Women who do not want to get pregnant should REQUIRE their male partners wear a condom. If he won't wear it? KICK HIM TO THE CURB.

What is unclear about that?

Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Not true. An unborn can survive outside the womb as early as five months old.
Instead of spending millions to keep a preemie alive with dismal odds, the pro-lifers could focus their energy on preventing premature births.

Quote:
Out of 184 countries assessed, the U.S. ranks 131st in premature birth prevention, according to a new report released Wednesday that represents nearly 50 organizations and was published by the March of Dimes, the World Health Organization, the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Save the Children. It’s a worrisome distinction the U.S. shares with Somalia, Turkey and Thailand.

Quote:
The U.S. Institute of Medicine has calculated the annual costs associated with preterm birth at more than $26 billion. Ethan and Aidan Sinconis racked up $2.2 million in medical bills in the first 18 months after they were born. Insurance covered most of the costs, but their parents’ portion approached $450,000. “It destroyed us,” says Sinconis, 35, who has written about her family’s experience in A Pound of Hope.
The Cost of Premature Birth: For One Family, More than $2 Million | TIME.com

Old 05-11-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Brain dead people have heartbeats. It is needed for organ donation. You cannot be dead and donate organs. Research organ donation procedures.

Not many people know this. Brain dead means your heart and lungs ARE functioning.
Yep. A beating heart has not been the definition for life for many years.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:39 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Quote:
I'm confused.

I said use a condom. Over and over and over again.

I was asked what I would do if I were a man who did not want children. My response? Get a vasectomy and wear a condom.

Women who refuse to take control of their sex life by not using BC, using it improperly, only using 1 form, and not having it on hand for those "just in case" "moment took me away" situations are IRRESPONSIBLE.

Women who do not want to get pregnant should REQUIRE their male partners were a condom. If he won't wear it? KICK HIM TO THE CURB.

What is unclear about that?
I'm talking about after the fact. Top reason for abortions - financial concerns and lack of support from partners.

You can beat that responsibilty drum all day long, but unintended pregnancies will never stop. NEVER. So you should shift your self-righteous gaze to the circumstances surrounding why a woman chooses abortion and resolving those issues if you REALLY want to make a difference.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yep. A beating heart has not been the definition for life for many years.
Brain dead does not mean dead. Not sure you understand the difference.

It's why I will never be an organ donor. Too many instances of people "waking up" right as their organs are about to be harvested.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Brain dead does not mean dead. Not sure you understand the difference.

It's why I will never be an organ donor. Too many instances of people "waking up" right as their organs are about to be harvested.
A beating heart does not mean a person is alive either. Medical science has the ability to keep a corpse from decomposing just by a ventilator and medications to keep the heart pumping.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about after the fact. Top reason for abortions - financial concerns and lack of support from partners.

You can beat that responsibilty drum all day long, but unintended pregnancies will never stop. NEVER. So you should shift your self-righteous gaze to the circumstances surrounding why a woman chooses abortion and resolving those issues if you REALLY want to make a difference.
Right. You ONLY want to talk about after the fact.

Because talking about being responsible, making better choices, having BC readily available, being accountable for your actions, and choosing sex partners wisely who respect you enough to wear a condom is just too much for weak-willed women to handle.

It's much better to not be prepared, have poorly protected or unprotected sex with a male partner who doesn't use a condom and then cry about how unfair life is and how you can't BELIEVE you got preggers and that it just wasn't your fault.

Good grief.

Are you really saying, truly saying that women are incapable of having sex with a male who wears a condom? That it is really just too difficult for that scenario to be a constant in a female's life? That poor poor woman, she just had to have sex with no condom?

Old 05-11-2018, 09:48 AM

And let's add in: I'll play along:

Every man who fathers a child is 100% responsible for all child care for 18 years.

So every woman who becomes pregnant MUST give birth, sign all parental rights away, and hand over the baby after delivery, with no right to ever see the child.

Are you OK with that scenario?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies