Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 04:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Lots of women cannot use hormonal birth control. Not all men will use a condom. Some people are allergic to latex, etc.

Which often gives people one somewhat decent option. And, a single option can fail.

There are also women in abusive relationships who don’t get to choose when they’ll be having sex. Often, their partners WANT to impregnate them.

Yeah. Let’s keep beating that dead “responsibility” horse.

The numbers of teen pregnancies are already on the decline. How much more do forced birthers want?

Quit obsessing over the unborn and worry about the kids who are already here living in poverty.
I've said repeatedly: If he won't wear it, kick him to the curb. If the man will not show you that bit of respect, why are you having sex with him???

Lots of people have health issues. Do you side with diabetics who binge on sugar and then pass out, telling them, hey there, it's ok you didn't take care of your own health? Can I get you a candy bar??

If you're in an abusive relationship .... get out. Period. That's also a woman's responsibility. Have some self respect.

Are you saying there is nothing that can be done to reduce the number of abortions?

(kids in poverty is a separate issue ... this is is why women are in a position where they didn't want to be pregnant ... but *somehow* are ... my oopsie)

Old 05-12-2018, 04:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Every argument -- at its core -- is based on telling women it is OK to be irresponsible about their reproductive health. Every single one.

Old 05-12-2018, 04:50 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Yeah, if everyone was as responsible as she's demanding, they're be no crime, no litter,
What's wrong with that?
I don't speed, litter, or commit crimes. I cannot fathom why, outside of sheer selfishness, anyone else would do these things.
People use human nature to absolve people from reasonable responsibility, and I think that's a crock of crap.

That being said, newtovenice, one of my oldest friends was on the pill and always used a condom with her boyfriend. I believe her bc she pretty much keeps it real and is never ashamed to admit when she screws up. She got pregnant.

Old 05-12-2018, 04:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That is my entire stance and everyone argues against it. Every time.

2 forms of BC are 99% effective against pregnancy.

How difficult is it to use one form of BC (oral, patch, IUD, etc) and then require a male partner to wear a condom?

The pushback against this is staggering. It's as though women do NOT want to be responsible for their reproduction safety and health.

I get every argument thrown at me, the mental gymnastics is staggering, to defend NOT being responsible. Along with insults, how I hate women (um I'm female), how I'm a perfectionist (nope, just like to be prepared). It's stunning, really.
Quote:
None of those issue address the fact that women don't want to take responsibility for their own reproductive health.

Anyone anywhere can walk into a store and buy condoms. They are sold at the grocery store, Kmart, quickie mart, Walmart, CVS, Target, Walgreens, gas stations.

There are more than 13,000 public health clinics and more than 650 PP clinics across the country, mostly in poor neighborhoods, and they accept sliding scale payment.

Access to BC is a non issue. For those who take the responsibility.
Right.....your position is "right to be bitter". Has nothing to do with the female or her fetus.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Every argument -- at its core -- is based on telling women it is OK to be irresponsible about their reproductive health. Every single one.
It's not OK but OK or not you getting bitter isn't going to stop unintended pregnancies.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's no way you can prove that every aborted fetus endangered the health or life of its mother, so just cut that crap right now. It has already been pointed out in this thread that over 90% of abortions are only for the sake of the mother's "convenience." Apparently, women cannot be bothered to actually be RESPONSIBLE with their own bodies, so we have to kill fetuses to make up for their laziness and shortcomings.
Seven hundred women in the United States die every year due to pregnancy.

That is a FACT whether you like it or not.

So, yes, every single aborted fetus had the potential to kill the woman who was carrying it.

"Stop that crap right now"?

I am quite sure the loved ones of those 700 women don't think those deaths are "crap" that should be swept under the rug.

A woman who decides to abort, for whatever reason, IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for her own body.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
No, actually, not a single argument posted in this thread says anything of the kind. That's just what you choose to hear, while continuing to refuse to acknowledge that human beings are flawed, and despite your constant denial, accidents happen. Mistakes happen.

Those of us with with a most rudimentary and basic understanding of life in general don't need to be told that. I cannot account for your inability to comprehend such a fundamental truth.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Right. Actually some men don't like the idea. I work with a couple who had a single and then twins in their 40's. She used the IUD after the twins and had a bit of trouble with it, but he refused to get a vasectomy. Finally 7 years later she developed cysts on her ovaries and had a tubal while they were removing them because he still refused to get a vasectomy.

They have all but developed a safe male hormonal BC method but have yet to get it on the market mainly due to lack of interest.

Lack of interest because, unlike women, men are not willing to deal with side effects.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that all women today choose their sexual partners wisely, use a condom + another form of BC every time they have sex?

Doctors take precautions. because lives depend on it.

But somehow women think orgasm > not having an abortion. So they don't take precautions and don't choose partners wisely. Because ... orgasm. Because ... abortion.

If you asked a woman on the street: Which is more important: Not killing a baby or having an orgasm?

What do you think they would say?

And despite all those precautions they still make mistakes.

How the hell does that happen?

Old 05-12-2018, 07:20 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's wrong with that?
I don't speed, litter, or commit crimes. I cannot fathom why, outside of sheer selfishness, anyone else would do these things.
People use human nature to absolve people from reasonable responsibility, and I think that's a crock of crap.

That being said, newtovenice, one of my oldest friends was on the pill and always used a condom with her boyfriend. I believe her bc she pretty much keeps it real and is never ashamed to admit when she screws up. She got pregnant.
Good for you.

I don't absolve anyone from responsibility, but I accept that people will do things of their own accord that I nor anyone else can control.

Go ahead make abortion illegal and international sales of RU 386 will skyrocket, some intrepid medical entrepreneur will come up with an at-home way to terminate pregnancies after 9 weeks (the pill is only for early gestation) and a host of women will find herbal concoctions that were the rage during the 1800's and others will use whatever sharp device they can find to puncture through their cervix.

No admonishment, no law, no finger-wagging, no bible passage, no one will stop a women if she chooses to abort. NOTHING. I accept this as irrefutable truth. Therefore, if I cannot change all the hundreds of variables that drives a women to choose abortion, then I must then support a system that makes that procedure safe and legal and support a system that uplifts people in a variety of ways so that it becomes rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies