Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 08:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not all women can take the pill or other forms of hormonal BC, just so you know.
Actually yes it is asking too much to never forget something.
Have you ever started your period and oops, didn't have a tampon handy?
You realize parents forget their baby in a hot car all day.
Yeah, yeah if you forgot don't have sex. Maybe you forgot you forgot.
Maybe you had sex and didn't know it. Must be during a blackout. Don't drink until you black out. Go get some help.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
President Donald Trump Will Headline National Gala for Pro-Life Women

President Donald Trump Will Headline National Gala for Pro-Life Women’s Group

"During the event, Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President, will receive SBA List’s 2018 Distinguished Leader Award. Majority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana will give special remarks. Long-time pro-life advocate and businesswoman Kathy Ireland will serve as Mistress of Ceremonies.
The group hailed Trump’s pro-life record thus far.
“President Donald Trump is governing as the most pro-life president in our nation’s history and Susan B. Anthony List is honored to receive him at our annual Campaign for Life Gala,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser, who also served as national campaign chair for the Trump campaign’s Pro-life Coalition. “President Trump has diligently and successfully gone about fulfilling his promises to the pro-life voters who worked so hard to elect him, and it has been a privilege to stand with him to defend the innocent unborn."

Old 05-15-2018, 06:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
I've stated on several occasions what my argument is. No matter how much you scream about every woman should always use two form of BC and never have an unwanted pregnancy, its not going to happen. Not going to happen.
No mater how much you scream about abortions women are going to have them, safe and legal or unsafe and illegal. Because accidents are going to happen, birth defects are going to happen, medical conditions are going to happen, BC is going to fail and people are going to act irresponsibility.
So you believe that there is no way to reduce the number of abortions?

I mean, car accidents happen all the time. Every day. So let's not wear seat belts, don't bother stopping at that red light, and hey. don't look both ways, because you know, it doesn't matter. You're going to be on a car accident and there's NO WAY to protect yourself.

You realize you keep arguing again and again for women NOT to be responsible? To be unprepared, irresponsible and careless? Isn't that the exact opposite of feminism?

Do you forget to put clothes on when you leave your house? Show up at work naked by mistake?

Put a box of condoms in your purse, car and house. Seriously. You keep arguing AGAINST THIS.

I'm beginning to think it's a mental illness.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:34 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Maybe you had sex and didn't know it. Must be during a blackout. Don't drink until you black out. Go get some help.
I have no idea what your talking about but your rude.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Not all women can take the pill or other forms of hormonal BC, just so you know.
Actually yes it is asking too much to never forget something.
Have you ever started your period and oops, didn't have a tampon handy?
You realize parents forget their baby in a hot car all day.
Yeah, yeah if you forgot don't have sex. Maybe you forgot you forgot.
You are comparing getting an abortion -- millions a year -- with leaving a child in a hot car? Which happens 2 times every year? Wow, do you hate kids.

Or forgetting a tampon? Sorry, I was taught to be prepared. Put them in my bag, pocketbook and glove compartment, just in case. Because I know as a woman, I get my period. So I make sure that I have them on hand.

So .. again how did you *forget* to use protection during sex? You know as a woman that sex leads to pregnancy, right?

I'm beginning to think that schools, while teaching all sorts of other sex issues, are leaving out the basics of reproduction.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I mean, car accidents happen all the time. Every day. So let's not wear seat belts, don't bother stopping at that red light, and hey. don't look both ways, because you know, it doesn't matter. You're going to be on a car accident and there's NO WAY to protect yourself.

You realize you keep arguing again and again for women NOT to be responsible? To be unprepared, irresponsible and careless? Isn't that the exact opposite of feminism?

Do you forget to put clothes on when you leave your house? Show up at work naked by mistake?

Put a box of condoms in your purse, car and house. Seriously. You keep arguing AGAINST THIS.

Originally Posted by 2mares
I've stated on several occasions what my argument is. No matter how much you scream about every woman should always use two form of BC and never have an unwanted pregnancy, its not going to happen. Not going to happen.
No mater how much you scream about abortions women are going to have them, safe and legal or unsafe and illegal. Because accidents are going to happen, birth defects are going to happen, medical conditions are going to happen, BC is going to fail and people are going to act irresponsibility.

Quote:
[quote=newtovenice;51897458]
Where did I say that?

Quote:
And car accidents happen all the time. Every day. EVEN when we wear seat belts, EVEN when we stop at red light, look both was. EXACTLY. NOW YOU'VE GOT IT.

Quote:

Nope not at all. Do you realize that is not what I or any one else is arguing. NO ONE said DONT BE RESPONSIBLE.

Quote:

Again not what I'm arguing. Seriously reading comprehension. I'm beginning to think it's a mental illness.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You are comparing getting an abortion -- millions a year -- with leaving a child in a hot car? Which happens 2 times every year? Wow, do you hate kids.
Reading comprehension. People leave kids in hot cars therefore chances are people wont always have two forms of BC on them if they engage in sex. Not too hard to make the connection. People forget the most important things.
1.3 million/year-abortions
36/year kids die from being left in hot car.

Quote:

Or forgetting a tampon? Sorry, I was taught to be prepared. Put them in my bag, pocketbook and glove compartment, just in case. Because I know as a woman, I get my period. So I make sure that I have them on hand.
We all know you are perfect, or believe you are, but do you realize not everyone is. Do you know that many universities now must put free feminine hygiene products in the campus restrooms. Does that tell you anything about how many women find themselves in need of a tampon?
You should really stop trying to compare all women to yourself and understand that people have different circumstances, different backgrounds, etc.

Quote:

So .. again how did you *forget* to use protection during sex? You know as a woman that sex leads to pregnancy, right?

I'm beginning to think that schools, while teaching all sorts of other sex issues, are leaving out the basics of reproduction.

I'm not sure why you keep asking the same question when several posters have given examples of why some women *forget* or don't always use 2 forms of BC or end up with an unwanted pregnancy. The answers are still the same.

I have to agree with you on schools not doing enough to teach kids sex ed, including contraception and how and where to get it. I also think schools should have a mandatory parenting course.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
We all know you are perfect, or believe you are, but do you realize not everyone is. Do you know that many universities now must put free feminine hygiene products in the campus restrooms. Does that tell you anything about how many women find themselves in need of a tampon?
You should really stop trying to compare all women to yourself and understand that people have different circumstances, different backgrounds, etc.

I'm not sure why you keep asking the same question when several posters have given examples of why some women *forget* or don't always use 2 forms of BC or end up with an unwanted pregnancy. The answers are still the same.

I have to agree with you on schools not doing enough to teach kids sex ed, including contraception and how and where to get it. I also think schools should have a mandatory parenting course.
Do you believe abortions should be safe, legal and RARE, or ondemand available for anyone at anytime?

Because you seem to think women are too stupid to be prepared.
Do you forget your car keys when going to drive your car?
Forget to put a coat on when it's 35 degrees out?
Forget to wear a bathing suit when heading to the pool?

No. You use your brain and make sure you are prepared.

Did you know that there are 9 different oral contraceptives available at Walmart -- 28-d supply for $9?
10-pack of vaginal contraceptive gel for $10?
36-count box of condoms for $14?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
I noted many ways. You didn't seem interested.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:36 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Funny how you never addressed the issues that don't fall into your one size fits all remedy of "just carry lots of condoms"

You know things like a 13 year old getting pregnant, or a woman finding out that her child will be severely disabled and has no chance to live more than a few years, or a mentally incompetent woman getting pregnant. Not to mention a woman who has absolutely no means to support an infant finding herself pregnant or a woman who has to support her family finding herself pregnant and having to make a choice between having the baby and going on welfare or terminating the pregnancy so she can continue working.

Your simplistic solutions are just rhetoric that you use to prove to us why abortion isn't necessary. You ignore the fact that women have been getting abortions for at least the last 4,000 years.

Women will always have abortions whether they are legal or are performed in back rooms. Your anti abortion crusade will never cause women to give up control of their reproduction to the government or to anyone else. What Roe V Wade did was give women the opportunity to have a safe medical abortion, it never required you or anyone else to have one. I do not want to go back to "the way things were".

When I was in High School in the 60's abortions were illegal but girls whose families had money would find aa willing physician who would perform an abortion on their daughter and call it a "D&C". Poor girls had coat hanger abortions or even worse, they would have the baby daddy repeatedly punch or kick them in the abdomen to try to induce an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies