Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 12:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your position is that if we had universal health care, a higher minimum wage and continuing education that the number of abortions in this country would drop to zero?
Don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I've given you that 10% so you can address the other 90%. Free from the what if scenarios. Because the reason seems to matter very much to you. You've provided reason after reason for why abortions are needed .. so I say OK. I'll give that to you.

And you turnaround and say well, now, the reasons don't matter!!!! Why bring up reasons???

Which means the reasons do NOT matter. So it's not about protected those who are victims of rape/incest/other cajillion scenarios you have thought up and posted. It's about wanting ondemand all the time for everyone. You have just flipped, using your own argument. First they matter, now they don't.

Add in this new sex as punishment argument, and you are truly off the map. What the heck is THAT about?

Use a condom. Take your pill. Have sex with everyone, I don't care. Just take responsibility for yourself.

You need to ask yourself why you are so threatened by women being held accountable for their actions during sex.
Nope. I don't care about the other 90%. I don't care what a woman's reason is, that would be you.

I bring up reasons because you believe every female should always use two forms a BC, always, so there should never be an unplanned pregnancy ever and that any female who has an unplanned pregnancy is just stupid.
The fact that you distinguish reasons a woman chooses to abort and you feel that 10% of the reasons are ok but 90% OMG infers you are passing judgment and are only concerned about the 90% of aborted fetuses.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Don't expect anyone to take you seriously.
Why is that?

You believe that it is too much to ask for today's strong, independent, smart women to use cheap, effective, and easily attainable BC responsibly and regularly?

Because that is my point. Again and again. Seems extraordinarily simple. Have sex with a different guy each night if you want ... just make sure you use 2 forms of BC every time.

Imagine if women did that. Really think about it. What would happen to the number of abortions?

Why wouldn't every women in the country WANT to reduce the number of abortions? What is stopping them from taking control of their sexuality in this very simple, straightforward manner?

Remember: Safe, legal and RARE?

Old 05-15-2018, 12:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
None of those things would decrease abortions. As a pro-lifer, you need to understand that there will always be people who need to have an abortion. They can't take care of the baby nor should society be burdened to do so.
Your link does not say what you think it does.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Nope. I don't care about the other 90%. I don't care what a woman's reason is, that would be you.

I bring up reasons because you believe every female should always use two forms a BC, always, so there should never be an unplanned pregnancy ever and that any female who has an unplanned pregnancy is just stupid.
The fact that you distinguish reasons a woman chooses to abort and you feel that 10% of the reasons are ok but 90% OMG infers you are passing judgment and are only concerned about the 90% of aborted fetuses.
Your the one posting many scenarios from rape to incest to domestic abuse to 13 y olds to mentally diminished ... YOU keep posting reasons as though they matter.

So I sad, yes, I'll GIVE those to you. Right off the top.

if they didn't matter, you shouldn't have used them as an argument. They do matter to you.

You just don't like the fact that I called you on it.

You have no argument. Except: I want abortions.

Here's the thing: If it's your body your choice, why do you think women should ONLY want responsibilty AFTER they are pregnant?

Wouldn't it be easier, simpler, less expensive to ... oh .... just go to Walmart and then use the BC?

So why are you so dang afraid of telling women to USE their choices before and during sex?

You still refuse to answer except, oh, accidents happen. Tee hee. Abortions. Women fought for reproductive health and you are now DEFENDING against it. Do you not realize that?

Seems to me it's easier to use BC than go through an abortion.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:46 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
None of those things would decrease abortions. As a pro-lifer, you need to understand that there will always be people who need to have an abortion. They can't take care of the baby nor should society be burdened to do so.
Of course there will always be reasons. No one said these things would eliminate all abortions.
Not ready, others depend on me and cant afford ties directly to health care, wages, education and child care expenses. Not mature enough and single mother goes to improving the adoption process including allowing gay couples to adopt.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Of course there will always be reasons. No one said these things would eliminate all abortions.
Not ready, others depend on me and cant afford ties directly to health care, wages, education and child care expenses. Not mature enough and single mother goes to improving the adoption process including allowing gay couples to adopt.
If others depend on you and your finances are tight, don't you think you should be using 2 forms of BC to ensure against pregnancy?

Or just ... abortion? Which is cheaper? $9 oral BC and a $14 box of condoms seems pretty cheap to me.

I mean if money is tight, why would you take the risk of pregnancy?

As far as adoption goes, there is no gap in the number of couples waiting to adopt a baby. None. Every baby that is born will have a home. Period. I see ads all the time, even billboards for loving couples wanting to adopt babies. I know a couple that had to adopt out of country because they could not get a baby in the US (they now have a chinese daughter and an African American son).

There are no issues with adoption of babies. It's not an argument for abortion.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Why is that?

You believe that it is too much to ask for today's strong, independent, smart women to use cheap, effective, and easily attainable BC responsibly and regularly?

Because that is my point. Again and again. Seems extraordinarily simple. Have sex with a different guy each night if you want ... just make sure you use 2 forms of BC every time.

Imagine if women did that. Really think about it. What would happen to the number of abortions?

Why wouldn't every women in the country WANT to reduce the number of abortions? What is stopping them from taking control of their sexuality in this very simple, straightforward manner?

Remember: Safe, legal and RARE?
Don’t put it all on the woman it takes two. Men should mind their own sperm with that being said not all woman or men for that matter as you say are “strong independent and smart. These people make horrible parents. Not your sperm or womd, MYOB

Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Pro-life is a made up label in order for anti-choicers to re-brand themselves. Al they actually stand for is...

SAVE THE FETUS/SCREW THE CHILD

Old 05-15-2018, 02:29 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
If others depend on you and your finances are tight, don't you think you should be using 2 forms of BC to ensure against pregnancy?

Or just ... abortion? Which is cheaper? $9 oral BC and a $14 box of condoms seems pretty cheap to me.

I mean if money is tight, why would you take the risk of pregnancy?

As far as adoption goes, there is no gap in the number of couples waiting to adopt a baby. None. Every baby that is born will have a home. Period. I see ads all the time, even billboards for loving couples wanting to adopt babies. I know a couple that had to adopt out of country because they could not get a baby in the US (they now have a chinese daughter and an African American son).

There are no issues with adoption of babies. It's not an argument for abortion.
People “should” live their life according to you values. I don’t think so. Saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy and parenthood Adoption is a solution to not wanting to be a parent. It does not stop a pregnancy from happening if you don’t want to be pregnant. Not your business to tell people how and when to use bc and or if you think they are justified living their life as they see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies