Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:27 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

The Danger of President Pence
Trump’s critics yearn for his exit. But Mike Pence, the corporate right’s inside man, poses his own risks
By Jane Mayer

“If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years.”

While Pence ran the Indiana Policy Review Foundation, it published an essay arguing that unmarried women should be denied access to birth control.

Pence served twelve years in Congress, but never authored a single successful bill.

For the entire article:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 08:31 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
You mean it’s not the Russians any more? lmao

Old 03-28-2018, 08:38 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Be careful what you wish for. Those rocks and hard places.....

Old 03-28-2018, 08:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
He's a scary guy.

If this country had a speck of fairness we'd have done over the 2000 and 2016 elections, due to the MANY acts which caused them to be unfair.

But we don't -so we won't.

We get the government we deserve. Based on the Trumpies, good is bad and bad is good. Cheating, bankruptcy, importing young girls en masse from eastern europe is "great trade" and stiffing contractors and bondholders is good business.

The one thing I will say about Pence is that he is less likely to unleash a nuke. Otherwise, he is a scary dude. He might even unleash a nuke because guys like him (Fundies) believe in the End of the World. Maybe he will see a sign and His Father will tap him on the shoulder and tell him to smite the heathens.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:55 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The Danger of President Pence
Trump’s critics yearn for his exit. But Mike Pence, the corporate right’s inside man, poses his own risks
By Jane Mayer

“If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years.”

While Pence ran the Indiana Policy Review Foundation, it published an essay arguing that unmarried women should be denied access to birth control.

Pence served twelve years in Congress, but never authored a single successful bill.

For the entire article:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

He is scary and so rigid on the basis on women's healthcare involving birth control, the right to choose...

Old 03-28-2018, 08:56 PM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
I’d take him in a heartbeat. It would be the best result of Trump being tossed out, if it could actually happen (highly unlikely). Pence is a solid republican and stand up guy, though I wish he was more assertive.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He's a scary guy.

If this country had a speck of fairness we'd have done over the 2000 and 2016 elections, due to the MANY acts which caused them to be unfair.

We get the government we deserve. Based on the Trumpies, good is bad and bad is good. Cheating, bankruptcy, importing young girls en masse from eastern europe is "great trade" and stiffing contractors and bondholders is good business.

The one thing I will say about Pence is that he is less likely to unleash a nuke. Otherwise, he is a scary dude. He might even unleash a nuke because guys like him (Fundies) believe in the End of the World. Maybe he will see a sign and His Father will tap him on the shoulder and tell him to smite the heathens.
I'll take my chances with Pence. Aside from being less temperamental, he may be more willing surround himself with competent people and be a more effective POTUS. On a brighter note, once the Dems take back the House, he may just turn out to be a lame duck....

Old 03-28-2018, 09:02 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
He is scary and so rigid on the basis on women's healthcare involving birth control, the right to choose...
Don't forget his stance on the LBGTQIA community.

Bring on that Russian collusion impeachment! Yippee!

Old 03-28-2018, 09:23 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He's a scary guy.

I agree. While Pence is a little weird, he looks like Prince Charmin compared to the idiot he calls boss. We could stomach Pence being in there, he is fairly impotent and tame. Trump, he is a loose cannon of the 10th degree. The world views Trump as a madman, but Pence at least looks somewhat sane.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,861,227 times
I am not a Trump supporter, and although I greatly disapprove of a lot of what President Trump does, I would still rather him than Pence.

It was a while back (perhaps on this board) that somebody put it perfectly- Pence has a lot of troubling and potentially dangerous ideals, but he is able to present them in a nicely packed box with a ribbon on top, and with eloquence and the facade of sanity. It still doesn't change the fact that the contents of his perfectly presented 'boxes' are deeply flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies