Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If you have decided to marry an attractive , ambitious man , do you really think that putting on 25 lbs in the next few years is going to have no consequences?
Yes, I do. Because it happens to many people and they stay happily married. Of course, they don't have the same view of relationships as many of you do so maybe that's why.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
You don't even need arranged marriages per se. Just a culture that is more "traditional", for lack of a better word.
Right.

Quote:
This movement is quite disturbing. Combined with other philosophies like fundamentalist religiosity (of any flavor) and far-right conservatism, I worry about the future of true egalitarianism.

I messaged this to another poster yesterday.

Looks like my concerns were valid.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I need to do a bit more reading, but this guy's vision sounds like something out of The Handmaid's Tale.
Exactly.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Because many people are too blind to see the more subtle version of it? If you can't understand that people have to pick attractive people beyond their magnanimous personalties I can't help you. Brother and sister might be wonderful people but there is a physical reason why its a bad idea. We would have flippers if our ancestors were not "superficial". The fact that men like women with hips and a sexy waist is the most human thing ever concocted by nature. Men loved women who would not be split in half. meanwhile women like men who maybe notch some logs together and have a place in the tribe.
And yet I can name six men right off the top of my head who do NOT find that type attractive, including my own husband. SMH

I like men who are funny, laid back, good conversationalists. That's what is attractive to me.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:50 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Because many people are too blind to see the more subtle version of it? If you can't understand that people have to pick attractive people beyond their magnanimous personalties I can't help you. Brother and sister might be wonderful people but there is a physical reason why its a bad idea. We would have flippers if our ancestors were not "superficial". The fact that men like women with hips and a sexy waist is the most human thing ever concocted by nature. Men loved women who would not be split in half. meanwhile women like men who maybe notch some logs together and have a place in the tribe.
In an earlier time, survival of the people (tribe) depended on increasing the number of children born to the people of the tribe. In other words, there was a valid concern for the 'common good' of the people, along with the individual's desire to not only have sex but to have children.

Women then & women now, seek out healthy mates with which to raise children. (also, the whole 'it takes a village' concept was more of a 'thing') Attractiveness for both men & women was more often measured by the 'signs of health' present in prospective mates. It is thought that when a baby is first born, there is a tendency for the child to favor the Father in the way it looks. This may or may not change over time however there is an evolutionary reason for this tendency. There was no question about the Child's parentage on the Mother's side (obviously they gave birth) although the Father was sometimes a variable. The evolutionary aspect involved here is that the Father would be more ensured of his part in the Child if it looked like him. The idea is that they would be more likely to take a more active role if the Child appeared to be his own. Survival of the children ensured survival of the people.

In the present day of course things are different. Even so, how many women or people in general would view someone like fr'instance, Martin Shkreli, as healthy? Attractive? Et cetera. Some human characteristics, traits, etc. are still with us even though they may not necessarily provide evolutionary advantages.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:

Well the basically problem with most incels who have anger at the opposite sex is the fundamental hypocrisy of it. They want someone else to settle for less for their benefit while rejecting others. Most people, if they really were not choosy, would find someone. .
That is a trait of narcissists. They feel deserving of the best in life, even if they have nothing to offer in return.

Incels want the best women out there. The kind of women who usually wind up married to more successful, better looking men. Incels cannot accept this fact, nor can they accept mating with a woman who is more in their own league. Incels are immature, narcissistic men. They have banded together on the internet and screamed at the world with their collective voice. Except nobody feels sorry for them, and I certainly don't either.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Let me make this easy for you in terms you can understand.

IF one is a 6 (male OR female) ~ it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you are going to mate and/or marry a 10.

INCELS either need to make peace with what IS or be content remaining celibate.

IF you simply are not attracted to anyone on your own attractiveness level - then you may live a lonely life.

It is THAT simple.

We can whine about it; create websites and internet groups about it; or adjust our expectations.

It is what it is and nothing can change it.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:48 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And yet I can name six men right off the top of my head who do NOT find that type attractive, including my own husband. SMH

I like men who are funny, laid back, good conversationalists. That's what is attractive to me.
Funny is not a passive virtue , nor is a good conversationalist. They are tools of social dominance.

Anything else?

Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, I do. Because it happens to many people and they stay happily married. Of course, they don't have the same view of relationships as many of you do so maybe that's why.
I see those "happily married" guys sneaking looks at my fitness model wife Yes, "happily married", sure.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:16 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I see those "happily married" guys sneaking looks at my fitness model wife Yes, "happily married", sure.
So? I don't care if my husband looks. Attractive people get looks. der.

People in good solid marriages are monogamous and secure.

It is normal that looks change throughout life but incels and MGTOWS cannot tolerate normal aging in women. They think women "hit the wall" at 25 or 30 years of age. They seem to be afflicted with hebephilia and prefer teens or women who look like teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies