Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" better educated"

As most of us KNOW " better educated" does NOT translate into SMARTER or more capable of doing things.
In the aggregate it does.

Most of us know that statistics and demographics point to factual matters. I don't think most of us know superstition and anecdote is "truth".

IQ correlates with everything from income to education to health to satisfaction with life. Longer life spans...you name it.

Highest IQ states:
Massachusetts
Minnesota
New Hampshire
Connecticut
Wisconsin
Kansas
Vermont
Iowa
New Jersey
Colorado

Lowest IQ States:
Texas
New Mexico
Arizona
North Carolina
Louisiana
West Virginia
South Carolina
Florida
Alabama
Mississippi
Nevada
Hawaii

A society and culture will decline quite quickly if you put the dumbest in control of education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Higher education is ENTIRELY over rated....it's simply older men/women telling other younger men/women how to think/feel/be. Why would I give two chits about what another human thinks about how I should live my life? They are just another HUMAN after all. When one REALLY thinks about it, it is pretty ludicrous. Too much clout given to a apiece of paper that says you were able to sit for years and listen to the droning of someone else. And yes, I have a Master's degree. Kind of a waste.
It isn't anyone else's fault you chose a poor field of study that left you wishing you had not bothered.

I have never had a professor tell me what to think. On the contrary, they have always welcomed MY thoughts.

I have not had to sit and listen to droning in any of my years of study except maybe early in my bachelor's degree where I was getting general education out of the way during freshman and sophomore year, but they do it that way because that's what happens in so many high schools (though, it really didn't happen in all my high school classes, but I attended a magnet high school).

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Higher education is ENTIRELY over rated....it's simply older men/women telling other younger men/women how to think/feel/be. Why would I give two chits about what another human thinks about how I should live my life? They are just another HUMAN after all. When one REALLY thinks about it, it is pretty ludicrous. Too much clout given to a apiece of paper that says you were able to sit for years and listen to the droning of someone else. And yes, I have a Master's degree. Kind of a waste.
Education is passing down knowledge and skillsets for a potential career.

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
So, what are you saying, you want affirmative action for conservative professors?
Somebody's been listening to Rush again.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Just an indication that liberals are better educated than conservatives and more likely to become college professors.
It did not take long for someone to repeat this often cited liberal dogma that liberals are either more intelligent or more educated than conservatives. What utter hogwash, conservatives are the people in this nation who actually create and build things. Liberals tend to be led by emotion and wear thier hearts on thier sleeves, not exactly a sign of superior intelligence lol.

The better question to ask is how have they pulled this off? Clearly it is a long term plot that has been wildly successful, how have they managed this? Clearly America from the 1940s through the 1980s was very conservative and capitalistic, a fact that must have frustrated committed leftist. I would dare guess that it was during this era that liberal thinkers came up with a long term plan to change America by changing its youth. Colleges likely were considered the beat way to accomplish this feat. Somewhere, somehow this was plotted out. It is not logical that such a high percentage of professors are that liberal and it is no coincidence that college attendance has been so heavily pushed and promoted during the years in which the liberal professors took full control. The same could be said for how the left dominates Hollywood, another means to brainwash youth. Of course artistic types have been eccentric for centuries but it really has been the last 25-30 years that they have become uber loonies. Again, possible long term plot? Was there a liberal leftist “Smoky room†where the communist, Marxist and hippie elite plotted out our world in the 60s, 70,s and 80s? Somehow they succeeded in changing a capitalist conservative nation into the mess it is today in just 30 years. No one can deny that America in say 1987 is radically different in its values to America 2018. Again how did these people do this if there was no plot to corrupt young adults in colleges and through Hollywood?

Old 05-07-2018, 01:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Liberal indoctrination in classroom politics is no myth. 39% of colleges have 0 Republican professors

No wonder the little tikes are turning in to communist.

https://www.onenewsnow.com/education...can-professors
That's what happens when Republicans deride education ~ they don't get educated and are unable to be professors.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
This is not by accident...

Old 05-07-2018, 01:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's what happens when Republicans deride education ~ they don't get educated and are unable to be professors.
Yeah, we know. Many of us have seen the written instruction the educated put out on how to put a liberal playpen or crib together. Couldn't have done it without them.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:38 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
I wonder what the political affiliations of most professors are at the following colleges?

Liberty University
Bob Jones University
Pensacola Christian College
Heartland Baptist Bible College
Baptist Bible College
West Coast Baptist College
Oral Roberts University
Oklahoma Christian University
Oklahoma Baptist University
Moody Bible Institute

Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Just an indication that liberals are better educated than conservatives and more likely to become college professors.
One wonders if anyone has seriously considered this possibility...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies