Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 07:56 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Both Clinton and Trump have been in the public eye for many many decades.

Everything they have ever done or ever said is available online.

The idea that Russians could sway Americans on two candidates that the public has known for years is ridiculous.
Not only that, but for these folks to posit that some Russian guy sitting in his basement posting to Facebook would sway an entire populace is really giving that populace (fellow Americans) the middle finger. It's calling them stupid and unable to think the tiniest grain of information through. It's calling them lemming that have no ability to act independently of what some Russian tells them to do on Facebook. Quite frankly, it is insulting the American citizenry in the highest degree possible beyond calling them idiotic baboons outright.

Now, if that's the way you actually feel, come right out and say it. Quit making lame excuses. Admittedly, some mornings I wake up and feel that way. When I do, I state it plainly. I don't need a Russian bogeyman to proxy for me. BUT, generally speaking, I do give the US citizenry more credit than that--at least about half of them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I guess Mueller didn't have everything he needed and wasn't ready to go, for a speedy trial under the Constitutional decree.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
What would we discover in 'discovery?' Would Mueller reverse his Russian indictments, i.e. "I was only kidding!"

Old 05-10-2018, 08:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What would we discover in 'discovery?' Would Mueller reverse his Russian indictments, i.e. "I was only kidding!"
I would note that in the Mueller indictment # 88 in the conclusion its not related to Trump.

Object of the Conspiracy

88. The conspiracy had as its object the opening of accounts under false names at U.S. financial
institutions and a digital payments company in order to receive and send money into and out of

the United States to support the ORGANIZATION’s operations in the United States and for self enrichment.

None of the indictments of Mueller implicate Trump in anyway. The Russians were trying to make money. Not exactly news or unexpected.

No claim their goal was to elect Trump.

Last edited by phma; 05-10-2018 at 09:02 PM..

Old 05-10-2018, 08:53 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Not only that, but for these folks to posit that some Russian guy sitting in his basement posting to Facebook would sway an entire populace is really giving that populace (fellow Americans) the middle finger. It's calling them stupid and unable to think the tiniest grain of information through. It's calling them lemming that have no ability to act independently of what some Russian tells them to do on Facebook. Quite frankly, it is insulting the American citizenry in the highest degree possible beyond calling them idiotic baboons outright.

Now, if that's the way you actually feel, come right out and say it. Quit making lame excuses. Admittedly, some mornings I wake up and feel that way. When I do, I state it plainly. I don't need a Russian bogeyman to proxy for me. BUT, generally speaking, I do give the US citizenry more credit than that--at least about half of them...

That’s what liberals think. If their candidate fails they blame the voters. Never themselves

Old 05-10-2018, 09:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
It is very possible that Mueller may withdraw the charges, not doubt after delaying as long as possible.

Stay tuned.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:51 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Guilty people plead not guilty often. And why are you Trumpies linking to CNN?

“Benghazi was a 4 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Clinton emails was a 2 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Mueller investigation has been 14 months, there have been 23 indictments.”
https://twitter.com/matthewjdowd/sta...35012139667456

Benghazi wasn't really a criminal investigation.

The Clinton E-mail investigation was conducted by the Obama DOJ and a total farce.

The Mueller "investigation", having failed to find collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian state actors, has been busy trying to create a Russian boogieman, even if one doesn't exist in the real world.

"The federal judge on Saturday also denied prosecutors' request to postpone Concord's initial appearance, scheduled for Wednesday. The special counsel's office had asked to reschedule Concord's appearance because it hadn't properly served the company with a summons. Concord, a company with ties to the Internet Research Agency, a Kremlin-linked troll group, opposed moving the hearing."

Even odds the whole thing is bull **** and Mueller is caught in his own web of deceit.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes really narrow, so narrow that he shouldn't be indicting Russian companies involved in our election process. Maybe you have something factual to offer other that deep state theories.
"Theories" ?

It's been two years, where's the weenie ???

Old 05-10-2018, 10:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
the defense would discover a lot of stuff, perhaps even the original fisa warrant since that is what started this whole thing, as well as any and all evidence mueller has gathered that pertains to the case.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:46 AM

59,060 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Default Judge rejects Mueller's request for delay in Russian troll farm case

I'm surprised this has not been discussed yet. (if it has, I apologize.)

Judge rejects Mueller's request for delay in Russian troll farm case

"A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election."

"Last month, however, a pair of Washington-area lawyers suddenly surfaced in the case, notifying the court that they represent Concord Management. POLITICO reported at the time that the move appeared to be a bid to force Mueller’s team to turn over relevant evidence to the Russian firm and perhaps even to bait prosecutors into an embarrassing dismissal in order to avoid disclosing sensitive information."

"The lawyers, who work for Pittsburgh-based law firm Reed Smith, also signaled Concord intends to assert its speedy trial rights, putting more pressure on the special counsel’s office to turn over records related to the case."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-delay-570627

"But the motion revealed that lawyers for Concord Management made a series of discovery requests seeking records, including statements and electronic surveillance of the company's executives and employees, from Mueller's investigation."

""The government therefore requests an adjournment of the presently scheduled initial appearance and arraignment until the Court makes its determination," the court filing reads."

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/386348-mueller-team-seeks-delay-in-russia-indictments-case-report"

It looks like Mueller filed incitements but is not prepared to defend them.

I guess he didn't expect any reply to them.

His bluff was called!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies