Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:37 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
he's the one who said he didn't do anything. Are you calling Trump a liar?
He said he did some things (providing for them, talking to them) but not others (diapers, strollers).

Why do you try to twist the truth when it is right there in black and white? And you called Melania illiterate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why is it an issue? To each there own. I loved taking care of my kids on my days off. My wife was a stay at home mom, but my days off the kids were mine.
My best friend was opposite. He coached sports for the kids, did the dad thing with fishing, but really didn't cook for, bath, or dress his kids. His house his way.
I really get tired of people trying to force their morality on others.
You want a man to be the caregiver, find one that wants too. Dont try to make it a morality issue because some mean or households are different than your ideal.
Well said.

It strikes me too that Trump is from a different generation. My own dad didn't play with us or anything like that. He took us places (trips) and taught us good food and things like that. That was his way of connecting with us. Parents are all different.

I've seen plenty of photos of Trump with Barron and with his grandchildren to know that there is affection there.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
He said he did some things (providing for them, talking to them) but not others (diapers, strollers).

Why do you try to twist the truth when it is right there in black and white? And you called Melania illiterate.
so you think you can call me illiterate when I quoted Donald's own words? Yeah, what was that about bullying again? You're wrong and just like your orange hero, you double down.

You could also look at what his previous babymamas have said - both of them talked about raising their children on their own.

And the reason it's a discussion point in this thread is because you denied it was. Oh look, you're 0 for 3. But I'm sure you'll keep going.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:54 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
That's what you've got? That he didn't want to push the babies in their baby carriages?
OH, no, surely it is just representative of how he is - y'know the type of guy who comes from being taught that certain aspects would be a "display of weakness" for a man, calling another "a sissy" and would never do any "women's work". He is very hung up about such things and how it would make him appear, though men have come a long way since D. T. was a child. (I recall hearing in a past marriage that if he came in the door and his dinner was not ready, he would throw a fit. (What a great guy).

Old 05-10-2018, 09:59 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Melania doesn’t plagiarize anything

She has a team of clueless interns who wrote it.

You’re kidding yourself if you think some gold digger is wasting her time writing pamphlets. She didn’t even graduate from college, after lying and saying she did.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:12 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, obviously it's not Melania, per se. We know she couldn't write anything on her own. But it's typical that the Trump staff is too incompetent to put together any project, typical that they'd steal, and typical that they're so dumb and lazy that they'd pull this stunt again, even being caught at it before. And perhaps typical that they understand that Melania herself is too ignorant and indifferent about it all.

Melania Trump Just Released a Pamphlet to Combat Cyber Bullying—The Content Is Copied Verbatim from Obama's

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...opied-verbatim

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ly-copied.html

Are we shooting the message or the messenger here?

I'm not giving either of those a click, so I just ask which is it?

I do think it's a little odd that Trump has somehow managed to amass multiple millions of dollars, billions even, but all of the sudden he's too stupid to hire competent people. I guess DC really does rot your brain. So, what does this say about our career politicians if someone who has been there less than 2 years just turns right into an incompetent moron?

You people would complain if they wrote the next great piano masterpiece of our time, right in front of your eyes.

Get outside and try to see the good in the world for a change.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
so you think you can call me illiterate when I quoted Donald's own words? Yeah, what was that about bullying again? You're wrong and just like your orange hero, you double down.

You could also look at what his previous babymamas have said - both of them talked about raising their children on their own.

And the reason it's a discussion point in this thread is because you denied it was. Oh look, you're 0 for 3. But I'm sure you'll keep going.
You quoted part of his words and omitted other parts to suit your narrative.

And you aren't reading MY posts correctly. I did not call Trump or anyone else a liar. You were attempting to put words in my mouth in order to score cheap points.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:29 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:

If plagiarism were such charmingly sincere flattery, it wouldn't be illegal...
I’m not even sure this is actually plagiarism. The material in the earlier pamphlet is probably in the public domain by virtue of being compiled at taxpayer expense, and having been subsequently printed, published and distributed by various instrumentalities of the federal government, also all at taxpayer expense. Frankly...I’m not sure how much more “in the public domain” you can get than a government publication of this type.

I seriously doubt that any particular person is credited with the authorship of the first pamphlet, and as such, no individual party would have standing in a legal complaint, whether criminal or civil.

You can run around screaming hysterically about plagiarism if you like, but in this case, there’s no point in doing so. Not to mention that it makes you look like you’re looking for any opportunity you can find to bash the First Lady, and that’s such an unflattering look for you.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:43 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I’m not even sure this is actually plagiarism. The material in the earlier pamphlet is probably in the public domain by virtue of being compiled at taxpayer expense, and having been subsequently printed, published and distributed by various instrumentalities of the federal government, also all at taxpayer expense. Frankly...I’m not sure how much more “in the public domain” you can get than a government publication of this type.

I seriously doubt that any particular person is credited with the authorship of the first pamphlet, and as such, no individual party would have standing in a legal complaint, whether criminal or civil.

You can run around screaming hysterically about plagiarism if you like, but in this case, there’s no point in doing so. Not to mention that it makes you look like you’re looking for any opportunity you can find to bash the First Lady, and that’s such an unflattering look for you.
Yup.
What does it matter if a good idea gets recycled once in a while?

Around the 4th time I flunked out of college, a professor I admired once said:
"Look. You aren't always going to be able to come up with a new brilliant idea every time you need one. So you will have to rip one off from someone else, sooner or later, sometime. When you do, make sure you only steal an idea from the best ones available."

Melania doesn't know squat about America, and how we think and act. She came, scored big, and was quite content with it, and she never wanted the job she has now.

I can't hold that against her. Even if it was one of her staff that chose the material.
The fact she hasn't surrounded herself with sycophants, goodfellas, and dopes like her hubby is signal enough of her intelligence to me.

No matter what she does or says, history is going to be a lot kinder to Melania Trump than to her husband.

She'll still be here, long after her sugar daddy is dead and in his grave, so she's making sure that her own future won't be blackened by the relatively few years she has to spend imprisoned in the White House.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Okay, obviously it's not Melania, per se. We know she couldn't write anything on her own. But it's typical that the Trump staff is too incompetent to put together any project, typical that they'd steal, and typical that they're so dumb and lazy that they'd pull this stunt again, even being caught at it before. And perhaps typical that they understand that Melania herself is too ignorant and indifferent about it all.

Melania Trump Just Released a Pamphlet to Combat Cyber Bullying—The Content Is Copied Verbatim from Obama's

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...opied-verbatim

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ly-copied.html

EXACTLY! No surprise that she is as phony as the creep she married!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies