Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:55 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
she speaks five languages
bitter, unattractive, and terminally single leftists won't be moved by anyone touting melania's positive attributes or causes. these type of people are angry at the world and take out their frustration of their loser lives on the successful and happy people they envy. ignore them, bb, unless you like to verbally spar ad infinitum.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-07-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 02:58 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
she speaks five languages
Any actual proof of this much repeated claim?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:02 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,971,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Any actual proof of this much repeated claim?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
CBS and CNN, who aren't exactly Trump friendly have both reported it

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/a-c...ania-trump/12/
https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/me...cts/index.html

Old 05-07-2018, 03:04 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Look at this, those who are all about tolerance and open borders to welcome others waste no time slamming someone for a perceived lack of command of the language.

https://twitter.com/ScreenCaffeen/st...70327727816704
I have no problem with Melania. I think her accent is lovely.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:05 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Tell me more about my ilk and what stereotypes you are applying to me. I mean it seems that you are mad at me and attacking me because I've defended the wife of a politician that you hate? Seems reasonable, I guess?
I could

You vote for primarily people with R by their names, you attack people with D by their names, and you go on and on about how you arent a Republican or Democrat despite acting like a Republican on primarily. This is based on a review of your posting history.

Just like me, I vote primarily for people with D by their names, attack primarily people with R by their names, and then we separate...I'm not constantly using what people define me as as a argument point, despite having voting for some Republicans, and being pro guns, and anti illegal immigrant. I try and discuss the topic.

Speaking of the topic....

even at tens of thousands going on about it, its trivial in comparison to the Democrats. For the most part-no one gives a darn about this. Im STILL seeing this nonsense being brought up more by Republicans on my feeds then Democrats.

Its a fake outrage being driven primarily by those on the right.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:06 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Even though Melania willingly married Trump, presumably for his money, she didn't sign up to be First Lady and you know he didn't consult with her before deciding to run. She seems to be doing the best she can with the situation, along with the added insult of having his nasty extramarital affairs paraded around for all to see.

What I don't understand is why her staff and advisers do things like plagiarize speeches for her to give and not suggest a name besides #BeBest, which anyone would half a brain knows sounds awkward and is going to invite criticism. Why didn't someone suggest #BeYourBest? Like the rest of Trump's staff, Melania's staff seems to be limping along and not up to job.

I don't feel sorry for her, because she's a very beautiful, very wealthy woman who lives a life of luxury. But I certainly don't envy her being married to that creep and being thrust into public view with what appears to be very little support.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:07 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
Quote:
yes, they've repeated this claim.

I'm looking for something like video tape of her fluently speaking these 5 languages, besides her native Slovenian, and I'll give her credit for English as well even though I don't know that I've ever seen her just speaking rather than reading prepared remarks. But if she fluently speaks French and Italian and whatever, surely there is some video of that?

Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I could

You vote for primarily people with R by their names, ...
Quote:
...I've never voted for a D or R candidate for POTUS or Governor in my entire life.
You can make all of the assumptions you want, but you are wrong

Old 05-07-2018, 03:09 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Look at this, those who are all about tolerance and open borders to welcome others waste no time slamming someone for a perceived lack of command of the language.

https://twitter.com/ScreenCaffeen/st...70327727816704
Dems hate women.

Look at the years they spent mocking Palin.

To mock MT's speech and looks is the height of bullyism, sexism and of course xenophobia. And we all know where that leads, Nancy told us that sort of rhetoric leads to violence.

So much for the purity of the liberal left having run short of tolerance and any shred of humanity.

the LiberalLeft is scaring migrants away from our country with all the hate they direct toward persons not born here.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
yes, they've repeated this claim.

I'm looking for something like video tape of her fluently speaking these 5 languages, besides her native Slovenian, and I'll give her credit for English as well even though I don't know that I've ever seen her just speaking rather than reading prepared remarks. But if she fluently speaks French and Italian and whatever, surely there is some video of that?
There is video of her speaking to children at a French hospital that she visited, but I'm not here to be your personal google search assistant. I guess everyone thinks we have "fake news" now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies