Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 04:05 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting.

That little haiku is a perfect example of anti-borders emotional manipulation authored by often politically disingenuous liberals with deep ethnic concerns and personal interests that they feel are assisted by open borders.

These people are ruthless manipulators of the public faith, and underminers of the public good, for personal interest.

Let me illustrate.

Do you know who The New Colossus (the rap lyric that you just posted) it was written by?

That was written by a deeply committed ethno-nationalist Zionist named Emma Lazarus.

Lazarus had a deep personal interest in her admittance into the United States.

She wasn't a natural born citizen, and certainly was not a liberal, but instead was someone with a deep interest in receiving a personal benefit that would stem from more immigration of her people to the Unites States.

She later worked solely to help her people, and did not assimilate into the greater US in culture nor in who she worked to assist. Not unusual you say? I disagree.

Its somewhat unusual to pen a florid poem to immigration, which was later posted on the Statue of Liberty, and then work to solely assist your people and not to integrate. After all, a true liberal would do otherwise.

Still not unusual?

How about this. She is held to be one of the earliest, if not the first modern advocate for a Jewish homeland.

Now, whatever spin you might choose to engage in, sane and honest people know that such a deeply held ethno-nationalist position as wanting a homeland for only your people is directly contradictory to her (now revealed to be solely self interested and manipulative) poetic plea for immigration tolerance.

The woman who wrote that poem was not principled in the least, but rather a committed ethno-nationalist who would gladly seek to foist the opposite political ideology on foreigners when it was in her interest to do so.

So, yes, please post The New Colossus as frequently as you would like, so that we can continuously out the morality free hypocrisy of the Left wing politics in this nation, of its enablers, and of its beneficiaries.
I'm not sure it could be stated any better than the above.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:11 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
[quote=shorman;51832764]The first time that the national or international media captures agents of the US government stealing a toddler away from its mother, the Trump cult will be exposed as cruel, heartless, nativists on the world stage. Taking children away from their parents so Trump can appease his racist base is sick. The image of armed guards, police dogs and trains/buses standing by to take parents away from their children will be an embarrassment this country will never live down. All that is missing are the 'showers' and ovens.

I am ashamed to be an American.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're ashamed to be an American? Oh boo hoo! Cry me a river!

Everyday Americans commit crimes and go to jail. They are separated from their children. Do you cry for them?

I love how you pro-illegals think it's perfectly fine that criminals who go to jail get separated from their kids. However, when it happens to illegals (who have no business being here, btw), you whine and cry about it, and in your case, invoke Godwin's Law.

Something to ponder---How do you even know those kids belong to those adults? Many illegals pay coyotes to smuggle their kids into this country. Do you find this acceptable? Would you hand over you child to a perfect stranger who will take them hundreds of miles away? Many of these kids get raped by the coyotes.

If you are ashamed to be an American, you are free to move to another country. However, I'd advise you do it legally.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As an off topic side note,.......

As I type this, I happen to be in Canada on a business trip.
One of my Canadian counter parts told me he has to be careful because he's on light duty waiting for a hernia operation.

He's been waiting for three months and he said that's a good thing because it gave him more time to save towards the $4000 that he will have to pay as his share of his "universal healthcare".

There is more to the story that he didn't tell you. It is illegal to charge an extra fee for a healthcare covered procedure. What province is this in?

All provinces have subscribed to the Canada Health Act, which has five principles. The Canada Health Act is federal legislation that puts in place conditions by which individual provinces and territories in Canada may receive funding for health care services.

There are five main principles in the Canada Health Act:
  • Public Administration: All administration of provincial health insurance must be carried out by a public authority on a non-profit basis. They also must be accountable to the province or territory, and their records and accounts are subject to audits.

• Comprehensiveness: All necessary health services, including hospitals, physicians and surgical dentists, must be insured.

• Universality: All insured residents are entitled to the same level of health care.

• Portability: A resident that moves to a different province or territory is still entitled to coverage from their home province during a minimum waiting period. This also applies to residents which leave the country.

• Accessibility: All insured persons have reasonable access to health care facilities. In addition, all physicians, hospitals, etc, must be provided reasonable compensation for the services they provide.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I wonder what this means. It's on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

People seem to have forgot.

It was written by the French as a nice philosophy and a commentary on America being a melting pot of LEGAL immigrants.

It is not an official policy, nor is it an endorsement of open borders or non-enforcement of immigration laws.

People seem to have forgot.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, and the sentiment that so proudly was once displayed, is now disavowed. What a bunch of humanitarians!

No, you are simply misrepresenting the sentiment to align with your own agenda.

America still welcomes LEGAL immigrants as it always has.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:17 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
I don't care who wrote it. It was taught to us at school over and over again how USA is a land of immigrants, one's who wanted to build a better life. It was taught to show how welcoming the USA was to those rejected in their own lands. And so were you. Don't pretend you were not. (unless you are a millenial, and then all bets are off.)

Yeah, teachers are known for liberal brain washing these days. We are no longer a land of immigrants we are a nation of U.S. citizens. Our citizen population way out numbers our immigrant one. Time to shed that stupid label that is being used to force us to accept every poor and needy person in the world today that will end up being a burden to our society.

As I said, we allow in 1 million legal immigrants annually and also many refugees so what's your problem? Those who were born here were not rejected by any other lands as they aren't citizens of another land.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
There is more to the story that he didn't tell you. It is illegal to charge an extra fee for a healthcare covered procedure. What province is this in?

All provinces have subscribed to the Canada Health Act, which has five principles. The Canada Health Act is federal legislation that puts in place conditions by which individual provinces and territories in Canada may receive funding for health care services.

• Public Administration: All administration of provincial health insurance must be carried out by a public authority on a non-profit basis. They also must be accountable to the province or territory, and their records and accounts are subject to audits.
  • Comprehensiveness: All necessary health services, including hospitals, physicians and surgical dentists, must be insured.
  • Universality: All insured residents are entitled to the same level of health care.
  • Portability: A resident that moves to a different province or territory is still entitled to coverage from their home province during a minimum waiting period. This also applies to residents which leave the country.
  • Accessibility: All insured persons have reasonable access to health care facilities. In addition, all physicians, hospitals, etc, must be provided reasonable compensation for the services they provide.

Quebec.

I didn't ask him for his life history and took him at his word.

He volunteered the information without me asking him for details......I have no reason to suspect that he's being intentionally deceptive.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:28 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,743,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I can't tell you how ashamed I am of our country....the so called leader of the world and land of the free.
Why do think it's fine to prioritize illegal immigrants over those who had to follow laws to enter the country?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:

Really? How do you explain this?

Location, location, location: How your health-care coverage is linked to where you live in Canada | CBC News

Old 05-08-2018, 04:29 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You obviously have no clue as to what the Nazis did.

Anyway, let's play along with you---what concentration camp will these kids be sent to? Will they make it out alive? What about their parents?

It's truly despicable to bring Nazis into this conversation.

You're absolutely right and they aren't going to be burnt in ovens either. Sessions is merely trying to discourage these so-called refugees from coming here and bringing their children most of whom are pleading a false case. 75% of those applying for asylum have been rejected in the past. That tells me that most don't have a legitimate case. They need to apply at their own embassies in their homelands and plead their cases not just show up at our border. It's costing us so much money hearing all these cases and providing them with housing, etc. for long periods of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies