Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:13 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
When the "Hitler" name arises in any argument, it's time to check out. Nothing worth debating after that. A lot of heat generated, but absolutely no light. The person bringing up Hitler cannot make a point without throwing what they think is the worst name in the world out....the nuclear option if you will.

Someone breaks into my house with their kid in their arms, I call the cops, the cops haul the parent to jail, the kid goes to a child care facility of some sort, and I'm the bad guy apparently! The jerk who called the cops! After all, they were just looking for a better life and needed my property to make it happen. Breaking the law shouldn't even be a factor here....right ????

If that isn't clear enough for you to make sense of it, just call me Hitler I guess!

Excellent analogy! It will fall on deaf ears with the bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics though.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He is such a liar, a fake, a phony. From his orange hair down to his bone spurs.
bone spurs are not phony: coloring his hair, why does this bother you? If someone wants to wear make up, color their hair, have a face lift, whatever it doesn't hurt anyone? Would I do it? Nope, I think it is silly but that is only my opinion. If someone likes their looks altered so be it?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Racist laws and police states that enforce said laws are not unrelated to one another. The specific forms vary, but the substance and motivations behind them remain essentially the same.

I'm sick of people defending white supremacy using "Law and Order" as a shield and weapon. That's what every racist demagogue, politician (of either major party, or in some cases breakaway third parties e.g. Strom Thurmond in 1948 or George Wallace in 1968 - both of whom broke from the Democrats out of protest for their growing support for black civil rights), small-town Southern sheriff (many of whom were tied to the Klan), or big city police chief campaigned on when they were promoting "Massive Resistance" to black civil rights - "Law and Order." Keep the n****rs in line, don't you know? They don't know their place. They're getting "uppity."

"Not enforcing our immigration laws?" Cry me a river. Let me know when we start enforcing all of our civil rights laws (and other just laws e.g. labor laws), then we'll talk about immigration, k?
wow, first you associate this to JIm Crow and now it is racist? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? What is racist about requiring people to come to our country through the right process? that is either get a work permit or stand in line for your turn. This goes for people from So. Africa, south of our border, no of the border, Nam, Japan, you name the country. The laws apply to everyone.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:23 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
There may be no limit to the number, But it is the United States that decides whether they have a valid case as a refuge to immigrate here, and whether they are accepted or not. It has always been that way.
It is the law. Under certain circumstances it is the only decent thing to do...but it is our system that decides who gets in under Refuge status and who doesn't...who has a valid case and who doesn't.

We have always accepted a certain number of refugees, throughout History and we have not ceased to exist. That is fear mongering. We are in fact a nation of immigrants..the only true native Americans are the Indians or Native Americans.

No one is suggesting that we take in billions...but refugees do have a right to come here and seek asylum, whether it is denied or not. (And someone shouldn't be treated like a criminal, because they are
a refugee seeking asylum, and have their children ripped from them.)That is the law, and been around a lot longer than any of us. If you don't like the law, you should petition your lawmakers to change it.

They are not law breakers...they are refugees seeking political asylum. It is the law, and a court and

Judge gets to determine if they have a valid case.

Who on earth has ever said that a bad relationship or low pay is reason to call yourself a Refugee??
Certainly not me. That is utter nonsense.
Well, ripping Children from their parents arms, and putting them in camps because they come here legally, trying to seek political asylum is
pretty cruel and pretty much unheard of in most civilized countries.
They aren't trying to sneak in.

The people in this instant are very rarely Mexican, they are South Americans mostly from Honduras
and Ecuador seeking political asylum and often because/or partly because of the corruption of the Government from which they seeking Asylum.

At least I know the difference from an Illegal Alien and a Refugee seeking legal immigration status.

Correction, there were no original native Americans. All of our ancestors migrated here including those of the Amerindians. There are no special natives to this country. Anyone born here to citizen or legal immigrant parents is a native. We are no longer a nation of immigrants either. Our native born citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant one. Every country has immigrants but they aren't forced to wear that stupid label for hundreds of years.

Who's treating asylum seekers as criminals? It's only those who enter illegally that are. You apparently don't know the difference between the two. No asylum seekers are not having their children melodramatically ripped from them. It's only those entering illegally that do and they aren't being "ripped" they are put in child care facilities as they can't be put in jail with their parents.

I already posted a link proving that asylum seekers are not being separated from their kids if they follow the legal protocol to seek asylum. Did you miss it?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:39 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
As I was sitting here thinking some more, so many have such fake outrage that is fueled by the media. This discussion and how those who are illegal immigrants are being treated reminded me of a documentary I watched a few months back. Chain of Command from National Geographic the episode Crossroads (epi 6) It's about 20 minutes in and you will see that we are not the only country that detains those who cross illegally.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:46 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Other nations may detain those who cross illegally, but we are the only nation that takes children away.

This is wrong on so many levels.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/statu...98924629823488

Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Another Dem organized protest. Funny, I don't recall any protests when Obama was president and this was going on. It's good that Trump can use this as leverage in getting what he wants in his immigration bill.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:50 PM

Churches get their money from illegals so if they get deported the church goes broke.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:52 PM

It's good that this is being publicized because anyone thinking of coming over the border knows what will happen. It will be interesting to see how the numbers of children drop in the near future as a result. Protests will backfire on the Dems.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Isn't it funny how the left wing atheist media is now quoting the bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies