Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 06:57 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Good luck finding fruits, vegetables, and getting lawn service.
You do know that there is an agricultural visa program with no caps on it that farmers can use. It's called the H-2A visa. Google it.

BTW, the farmers who use the program don't charge any more for their produce than do the sleazy farmers who refuse to use the program and instead opt for cheap, illegal, exploitable labor.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:01 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Good luck finding fruits, vegetables, and getting lawn service.

I guess you are unaware that there already are unlimited H-2A visa for legal, foreign crop pickers? Only 2% of illegal aliens are picking crosp anyway. Lawn service? Who do you think were doing landscaping jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border? Next lame argument.....

Old 05-08-2018, 07:09 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, employers can't find employees. The USA birthrate has dropped to the point it NEEDS immigration if the economy is to grow.

But, oh no. The alt-right and current government are on an anti-immigration crusade. Screw the need of those that will work for lower wages, screw those that want to make a better life and are NEEDED here.

They're brown, and don't look like us. We don't want them.

You mean they can't find employees willing to work for less than a fair wage? Why do you think they hire illegal aliens in the first place? Our birthrate needs to drop. We have far too many people in this country already. We won't need much immigration for some time.

Being against illegal immigration does not make one anti-"immigration". That's just liberal lies. No one has a right to a better life by breaking our laws and taking from our own citizens what doesn't belong to them. No, they are NOT needed here. They cost us over $100 billion a year. All they do is make the rich, richer while we taxpayers pick up the tab for their enormous social costs. Not to mention our overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods, loss of jobs, reduced wages and added crime.

Oh, here comes the race card just like clockwork! Objecting to illegal immigration has nothing to do with race or skin color. Stop spouting this BS! They don't look like us? WTH does that mean? We already have every conceivable, race, skin color, ethnicity that are citizens of this country.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm not embarrassing myself. After all, do some googling. You will see that I'm not the one who should be embarrassed.

You seriously doubt that illegals hand over their kids to the coyotes? Wow...just...wow. If you think that never happens, then you are really naive.

I noticed that you didn't answer any of the questions I posed and instead opted for name-calling. In other words, you have no credible argument.
I have to prioritize what I take the time to respond too. Your post is in fact nonsense because this topic is not about those kids. Its about the kids who come here with their families. Does it happen? Sure! Know what else happens? They lost track of over 1,500 kids that they tool from families. You are pointing to a small problem that DOES exist to justify something far worse. Its intellectually dishonest.

But like I said, I have to prioritize what I respond too. Anyone reading your nonsense and falling for it? Probably not rational, and not worth me taking my time to respond to your post in order to influence them. The people who matter and are worth me taking the time to try to influence? They already can see your post is nonsense. Its more borderline, or things where false facts are stated that are worth my time. Or things that I find interesting.

TLDR version-your arguments arent credible so I didnt bother.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:09 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
There has to be a deterrent. The word has to get out that we are not allowing anyone to just get up and move here. CFIS conducted a world study and found if the US allowed anyone to immigrate here 700 MILLION PEOPLE would immigrate here. Mostly poor people with no skills. Importing poor people with no skills is of no benefit to us. We should ONLY be bringing in immigrants who have needed skills and/or capital to invest, there are enough of them that want to immigrate here to make up for the fertility rate being slightly below replacement. That is an immigration system that works for the citizens of this country. It's not the industrial revolution anymore, there arent an infinite amount of unskilled jobs. There is a shrinking amount of unskilled jobs as they get automated away.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
There has to be a deterrent. The word has to get out that we are not allowing anyone to just get up and move here. CFIS conducted a world study and found if the US allowed anyone to immigrate here 700 MILLION PEOPLE would immigrate here. Mostly poor people with no skills. Importing poor people with no skills is of no benefit to us. We should ONLY be bringing in immigrants who have needed skills and/or capital to invest, there are enough of them that want to immigrate here to make up for the fertility rate being slightly below replacement. That is an immigration system that works for the citizens of this country. It's not the industrial revolution anymore, there arent an infinite amount of unskilled jobs. There is a shrinking amount of unskilled jobs as they get automated away.
Agreed. Most of the world is poor . Say a great video of this guy explaining that.

Also taking too many quality immigrants isn't good for their home countries as it can create a 'brain drain'

U.S already takes in about 1 million legal citizens per year. The birthrates in poverty stricken countries mean the world's poor population keeps growing. The poor need to be helped where they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Old 05-08-2018, 09:29 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I have to prioritize what I take the time to respond too. Your post is in fact nonsense because this topic is not about those kids. Its about the kids who come here with their families. Does it happen? Sure! Know what else happens? They lost track of over 1,500 kids that they tool from families. You are pointing to a small problem that DOES exist to justify something far worse. Its intellectually dishonest.

But like I said, I have to prioritize what I respond too. Anyone reading your nonsense and falling for it? Probably not rational, and not worth me taking my time to respond to your post in order to influence them. The people who matter and are worth me taking the time to try to influence? They already can see your post is nonsense. Its more borderline, or things where false facts are stated that are worth my time. Or things that I find interesting.

TLDR version-your arguments arent credible so I didnt bother.
My arguments aren't credible? Seriously? In other words, you didn't bother to do any research, did you? So, you have no business saying what I wrote was "nonsense", do you?

Since you refuse to do some research, here you go. Now you don't have to continue to embarrass yourself

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...103553245.html

https://nypost.com/2017/06/30/feds-p...-kids-into-us/

http://latinousa.org/2014/09/12/smugglers/

You claim to be so busy but yet you find the time to engage in name-calling

Oh...and maybe you'd like to read about Nohemi and what her parents put her through:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/n...he-border.html

Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
So you think Sessions wants to implement this based on what's best for the children. I doubt that based on what some of the supports are posting here. It's quite evident to those of us that know how to read between the lines can see that they and Sessions don't give a rats ass about those kids.

Not at all, he never said such. He wants to implement this because its what will deter these people from crossing the border illegally and exploiting their own children to get into this country without going through the legal process other immigrants must go thru. He is doing it because it is what is ultimately best for citizens of the US.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:36 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,950 times
dont do the crime if you cant do the time

Old 05-09-2018, 07:51 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Illegals have been pushing their kids towards the US for decades in the hopes they will be able to sponsor them to come some day. Who sends their own children across a desert with a coyote? Or worse, alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies