Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 01:09 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
That seems like a problem that they should fix in Mexico.

Allowing people to come to the United States unlawfully changes nothing.

Exactly, yet mexico shuffles them right to the United States....I wonder why?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
How many would vote to put Sessions over the border?
I vote yes and would love to help

Old 06-17-2018, 01:11 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Me too.

Glad to see that you are also a deplorable.....

Old 06-17-2018, 01:12 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
A lot of them are running from violence you can't imagine. I watched one girl talk about how guys from a drug cartel removed her father's head right in front of her. If you would have that girl, and many others in the same situation sent back; you would be sending them to their deaths. It's obvious you don't care, uphold the law at all costs, I just thought I'd let you know.
I'm sure many will say just about anything to get their golden ticket punched to board the Great American Welfare Express.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I'm seriously torn on this whole thing. I'm trying to understand more and the more I read about this, the more I find that this has been going on for a while. That what is being done is actually the law?
We're talking back to George W. Some articles I'm finding are saying that many of these kids are unaccompanied. Some articles are showing they are living pretty good.
Then I think of American children who are homeless and wondering where their next meal is going to come from now that school is out or is getting out for the summer. Where is the outrage for them?

The more I read, the more torn I get.

I hear you there! Idk if this is REALLY the case, But It appears that the left and SJW care MORE about refugees and illegals than they do legal immigrants and actual American citizens.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:22 PM

909 posts, read 545,122 times
Default Trump administration adopts a border policy previously spurned as inhumane

This isn't zero-intolerance it is zero-inhumanity policy.
Watertown Daily Times | Trump administration adopts a border policy previously spurned as inhumane

Old 06-17-2018, 01:23 PM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
I don't like that the US gets stuck footing the bill for every migrant that thinks they should be allowed in ths country. If they come from a violent squalid country, that's too bad, but it's not enough to grant asylum to every person south of the border.

Most of these migrants have no skills and speak no English. California can only use so many fruit pickers and the majority of them will just become a burden on society.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:24 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.
So what should America do? What have YOU done to help those wonderful people?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:25 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
I am opposed to all immigration controls, but I don't go out and show it - I have too many business interests from all sides. Instead, I just quietly sit back and watch both sides hash it out, but I know it will never change and I thank Pelosi and the rest for keeping my cheap supply of labor coming and will therefore continue to vote Democrat year in and year out.

If I had to pay my employees a so called living wage or pay American workers, I'd quickly have to cut my own personal spending and cut back on my houses, vacations, etc. I also have the extra, added benefit of not having to participate in unemployment and workers' compensation schemes as well as providing other benefits like insurance or 401k. You would not believe how much money I save by hiring undocumented workers and they are great workers, never complaining and not even requiring breaks, since they aren't on the books, OSHA has no idea what's going on.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:25 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Don't want your family to be separated? Follow the laws and come here legally, or don't come here at all. Problem solved.

Americans are committed working hard to making America great. Maybe others around the world should take note and work to make their own countries great? Nah, it's too easy to break into someone elses home and steal their wealth!

No sympathy for criminals and parasites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies