Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 06:50 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,443 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton was wrong about half of Trump’s supporters being deplorable and iredeemable.

She forgot to include the other half.

Donald Trump could order ICE to murder “illegal” immigrant children on live TV and most of his supporters (aka most Republicans) would cheer him on. Like the white families a century ago who went to see black people be tortured and murdered (lynched) and brought their children with them, some sandwiches and lemonade, and a picnic blanket for the “fun” afternoon.

I think you Trump supporters enjoy watching the people you don’t like suffer. You people are truly despicable in your sadism and cruelty. Don’t even pretend to protest, because you forgot to put your white hoods on. I see you.

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The Trump-haters are aware of it. But they hope there are some people who aren't.

That way they can try to fool them into believing Trump has done something horrible when he hasn't.

The truth doesn't help the Trump-haters, facts are not on their side. So they must make up lies like this about him, to try to make him look bad.

SSDD.
Sweetie, he does that all by himself!

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm confused.

Does the Left want Christan morals setting government policy now?

Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts of the Church you want separated from the State as it suits your agenda?
You do realize that Romans 13 is what's being used to justify this travesty. I don't think the issue is Democrat's perspective on Christian morals.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:52 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I am not. If one violates the law and gets arrested, one's kids go to CPS. Doesn't matter whether you're a US citizen or an illegal alien.

Who DOESN'T know that arrest and having one's kids taken away, even if only temporarily, is a consequence of violating the law?
If you are arrested, you usually are released on your own recognizance or you post bond and are released until you are sentenced. Unless the offense involved the abuse or neglect of your child CPS has ZERO involvement. Even if the person stays in jail until they are sentenced they are the one who has the authority and responsibility to find a responsible adult to care for their child during the duration of their confinement. That is usually the other parent, grandparents, siblings, aunts or uncles or family friends - very few children of incarcerated parents are turned over to CPS, and if they are they are placed in foster care CPS gives instructions to the foster family that the child is to stay in contact with their incarcerated parent until they are released.

Why try to comment on a subject that you clearly have no actual knowledge of?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:52 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
These are people who come seeking asylum. They are not entering illegally. They go to the border patrol and ask for help. That's what asylum seekers have traditionally done for years. They judge says yes or no. The problem is what to do with them while they await the court date. They used to be given a court date. They didn't show up because the vanished into the country.

Congress needs to come up with a way to keep them together while they wait to have their case heard. Most are sent home.

If we do not like gangs in our country, imagine what it must be like for law abiding G-d loving people who live where the gangs rule? IMO, the countries these people come from need cleaning up so there is no need to flee. That's a UN job. I don't know why somebody has not requested their help.
No, in order to seek asylum you need to go to an embassy or consulate , you don't just show up at the border. I guarantee you one thing, if they'd do it the proper way at an embassy they would NOT be separated.

and btw, I call B.S. on "asylum" , these people do not qualify for asylum, seriously, because we have a swath of poor, third-world countries to our south doesn't mean all these people qualify for asylum.

go read about Yemen which has gone on longer than Syria, those people from those countries qualify for Asylum, not just because Central America is a mostly poor region.

If the US and Canada were flipped, do you think these people would keep going through Canada to get to the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're trying to say that all of the people who've been illegally sneaking into this country and living here, some for decades, are simply asylum seekers that never bothered to ask for asylum?

har .. riiight.

this whole "asylum" thing is completely made up.

most of these people come and go as they please, and when the economy sours here or they've earned enough they'll go home when they want, Not your typical immigrant story.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:53 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,208,674 times
Zero tolerance Policy created by Trump Administration. Another example of right wing fascism. Send them back, but the families should not be separated.

Wasting tax dollars while they slow dance the immigration issue Trump knows bankruptcy and he will move us close to it.

88,976 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because it is unnecessary and cruel.
US citizen parents are separated from their kids all the time when they're arrested for violating the law. Is that "unnecessary" and "cruel?" Or do only illegal aliens get special treatment while US citizens and their kids are second-class citizens?

8,665 posts, read 5,843,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Nice propaganda OP !!!

Can we show the funerals of Americans killed by the illegals who have no right to be here now ?

Since it's only Trump's FAKE, UNSUBSTANTIATED BS...……. GO RIGHT AHEAD!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:54 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You do realize that Romans 13 is what's being used to justify this travesty. I don't think the issue is Democrat's perspective on Christian morals.

I'm not particularly religious myself.

I just know hypocrisy when I see it.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:54 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Because I don't want to spend a cent more on illegals than the bus fuel cost back over the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies