Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 03:57 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Even Melania is weighing in.

“Mrs. Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform," according to a statement from her spokeswoman. "She believes we need to be a country that follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...s-grow-n884081

Mrs. Trump is barking up the wrong tree.

This is a policy of her husband's administration. He can change it any time.

Instead, he is using these children as hostages.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:59 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Lefty-Progs have never been outraged at the law until Trump started to enforce it.

Emotional hysterics that ignore or are ignorant of the facts do not help.

Here is an excellent article that explains the situation and offers a few suggestions.

If you take the time to read the article, you will note that families with bona fide claims to asylum could easily avoid a situation where their children are separated from them simply by applying in Mexico for asylum to the US.

It isn't difficult to imagine that those immigrants with false claims to asylum would rather not apply in Mexico and instead prefer to take the chance that they would simply be released into the US while their case is examined. Of course, once released into the US, many of these people become difficult if not impossible to find once investigation of their claim is concluded.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 06-18-2018 at 05:12 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Lefty-Progs have never been outraged at the law until Trump started to enforce it.

Emotional hysterics that ignore or are ignorant of the facts do not help.

Speaking of "ignorant of the facts," it appears you have been misinformed.

There is no law calling for family separation at the border.

This is a Trump administration policy.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-18-2018 at 04:12 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 04:12 AM

This topic appears to be heating up.

Laura Bush and Melania have weighed in and Avenatti is calling for clients.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-18-2018 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-18-2018, 04:14 AM

90 posts, read 55,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Canadians come where I live. It’s too cold for most people south of the border. It’s also rural sand not even recognized as a metropolitan area by the government. So no, not nonsense.

When a citizen commits a crime and they have children, there are systems set in place to care for that child starting with family and moving to foster care and group homes.

We have literally lost children from these immigrants. We are doing damage that may never be able to be undone. Regardless of anyone’s political beliefs, this should never be ok. There is no need to separate them. Why excuse it?? Regardless of what you think of their parents, do these kids deserve to experience trauma because of it?? Especially if we could easily stop this from happening at all?

It is unethical. It is immoral. It is inhumane and anyone who justifies it shows just how far some people have gone to be loyal to political affiliation. If you’re more concerned with the political side of this than the human side, then you are lost.
This is as close to how I feel when I read so many of these posts here. My thoughts have never been my political stance nor the name of our president.

I care about things that are wrong in this country as well-anyone here does. But I also know first hand how unbelievably terrifying it is to be in another country without knowing a language and feeling alone as an adult. I even watched my kids do this when we went to another country and it was a friendly one toward Americans. They had our support but it was still something they had to adjust do. For a child to follow their parents with all the trust children have and then face what they have to face without any support is something that I can't even think about without cringing and a lot of emotion. It is unimaginable to Americans because we will never have to face the decisions these people do.

There are many things that anyone would like to change-no matter your opinion and this country will find a way to do that. But to do this, I can't even wrap my head around the comments on this thread. I never thought a human was capable of such hate and disdain for another person. Yes, put the kids in jail or anything you feel is your right in doing what's right for America but don't, don't pull these kids away from the only people they've ever known in this kind of situation. Criminals in our jails have family here in most cases. Even still, these kids in this scary situation of going to cps have the benefit of having grown up here in this country, speak this language and were not met by a bunch of angry people with guns while watching their parents being taken this way. This is really common sense and everything here, every justification for this absolutely horrific act by these posters are not facing the reality of this situation.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:17 AM

Even Republicans are speaking out. Will wonders never cease?

“What the administration has decided to do is to separate children from their parents to try to send a message that, if you cross the border with children, your children are going to be ripped away from you,” Susan Collins said on “Face the Nation."

“That is traumatizing to the children, who are innocent victims. And it is contrary to our values in this country.”

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-18-2018 at 04:34 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 04:19 AM

https://twitter.com/BillClinton/stat...79614908035073

Old 06-18-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
It is unethical. It is immoral. It is inhumane and anyone who justifies it shows just how far some people have gone to be loyal to political affiliation.

If you’re more concerned with the political side of this than the human side, then you are lost.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:24 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
This is going to be yet another losing issue for Dems and RINOs as it will be perceived as the Dems/RINOs, yet again, wishing to give illegal aliens preferential treatment over the thousands of US citizen parents who are arrested/incarcerated every day, in which they are separated from their children who are then put into CPS, etc., custody.

Keep pushing it Dems. Your true colors are showing.

Oh, forgot to mention, you all are REALLY going to tick off African-Americans who are highly disproportionately arrested/incarcerated (compared to their percentage of the population), yet you have NO problem with it when they're separated from their kids for violating the law.

Those identity politics are going to bite you in the butt. Someone call Jesse and Al, yet?

Old 06-18-2018, 04:35 AM

I think you're reading the situation incorrectly.

It isn't the Dems and RINOs who are showing their true colors here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies