Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:51 PM

11,773 posts, read 5,785,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We’ve seen more then enough Conservatives here on the forum who claim to be Christian and in the same breath vote for someone as vile as Trump is.

It’s my understanding that the children are not reunited with thier parents at any given point in time, I could be wrong about that.
Guess what - I'm a Democrat - I'm Christian and I voted for Trump. As a parent - my responsibility to my kids involves not putting them in situation where they may be harmed or worse. These people know that the US is now following the laws. They know that the children are being sequestered from the parents - it's their responsibility as parents if they want to come here to do so legally. You're not much of a role model if you're breaking the law.

Sorry but this Democrat believes in personal responsibility. I'm sick of taking care of everyone but our own. If they left want to donate money, set up their own shelters, take these people into your homes until they can settle here - so be it - get off your duffs and do it. I don't feel it's my responsibility nor do I have the money.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What don't you get about the fact that the illegals coming over the borders dragging the kids across are always the parents???? THe liberal politicians are willing to see, and more than likely aid and abet, these illegals attempt to cross just to attempt to create a narrative that the bad old conservatives don't care about the little children. The thing is that the liberal politicians don't care if these kids lives are in danger en route. It's all about trying to destroy President Trump's chance of re-election.

There was just recently a gang member stopped thinking he could scoot across because he has a kid with him. Where the do you think he got THAT idea?
The MSM is lying. If you fall for their lies you will believe anything.
MSM is lying about what?

Yes there are some who may not be the parents & the children could be victims of trafficking. Then you separate the kids -- that's okay. You find the parents of the kids and send them home.

But for those families that are clearly families asking for asylum -- you don't separate them.

this isn't rocket science.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:53 PM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
And hundreds of times more illegally cross borders around the globe and they are NOT seperated from their kids...
They're deported. Together. I'm good with that.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:54 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
many years ago, the politicans from both sides stood at the border, handing out flyers to them, saying, "remember, vote for me". All they want are votes, they don't give a darn about this....and Trump is finally trying to do something about this...
Trump doesn't give a dam about any of this. He is playing to his base and trying to get funding for his wall. You know that wall Mexico was going to pay for. That is why it has become an issue now.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:54 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
B*** S***! They can apply for refugee status in Mexico. Which is what they were supposed to do in the first place, instead of traveling through MX to the land of free ****.
No matter how man times this lie is posted, it is still a lie.

There is no "supposed to" about it.

They can apply for asylum in any nation they want. Russians have applied for asylum in the U.S. We're certainly not the next country over. That would be Finland or Belarus.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-asyl.../29204843.html

Overseas, people travel through all sorts of countries before getting to the one they apply for asylum in.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
MSM is lying about what?

Yes there are some who may not be the parents & the children could be victims of trafficking. Then you separate the kids -- that's okay. You find the parents of the kids and send them home.

But for those families that are clearly families asking for asylum -- you don't separate them.

Deport them. Together. They can apply for Asylum from their home country or from Mexico.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM

And just because a family is kept together -- it doesn't mean they are automatically granted asylum. They have to follow the procedure, and qualify as dictated by our laws.

We just don't have to be complete *******S about the whole thing.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:56 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
MSM is lying about what?

About the kids being RIPPED from their mothers and all the BS trying to make it as though the Trump admin is heartless. They are not.

This is a horrible situation for the kids. The liberal politicians, parents and gang members have done this to them.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Deport them. Together. They can apply for Asylum from their home country or from Mexico.
Asylum wouldn't be granted to individuals who can stay in their home country and apply.
Asylum is for those families that have to flee in fear.

It's not just a box on a form. It's a threat to their lives.

But yes -- follow protocol.

The criteria can be strict or tight but follow procedure, protocol and be decent human beings about it.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
How many children were in that tent city? Many of these children are toddlers and infants who are far less capable of dealing with extreme heat than adults. The adults are not being sent to these cities and are probably being sent to places that have better living conditions than the children.
Except they don't exist yet (in process) so you nor I have any idea what they will actually be or who will actually be in them. Could be teens or?
Drop the hysterics, y'all are acting like the kids are being tortured, unfed,unwashed and unmonitored. I actually heard one "news" reporter claim they were "dog kennels". What a load of crap.

Good heavens, these places are NOT like the jails or gulags of the countries they left, they get treated way,way better than anywhere they came from...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies