Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
And I thought we might have evolved. The Dark Ages never left Mankind. We are the same.
We are all fools. Cannot anyone pick up a book and read it?

*edit: Give me a Queen, not a King. Women usually have more reasoning ability.
Yet twice as bitc%y and conniving...

Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Apparently that isn't completely accurate.

And as has been pointed out, even if it was -- it is still wrong and Trump should fix this...but you see --- the truth has been skewed a little. While this may have happened with Obama (I don't know) this most definitely was a clear and calculated tactic of this administration - -using these children as tools in his immigration plicy. He wants that wall at all costs. It is disgusting.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-...-1256997955776

It is accurate....what is happening now, is the same thing that was happening before....just now trump is doing it and it's all over the MSM....and now people are mad.........................

All I'm doing is showing the hypocrisy of those on the left....

Obama officials explain viral photos of immigrant children 'in cages' - Business Insider

Quote:
Jon Favreau, who worked as a speechwriter for former President Barack Obama, tweeted, "This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible."

Old 06-18-2018, 01:01 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
About the kids being RIPPED from their mothers and all the BS trying to make it as though the Trump admin is heartless. They are not.

This is a horrible situation for the kids. The liberal politicians, parents and gang members have done this to them.
It is BS and Trump owns it lock stock and barrel. Holding kids hostage to get funding for his wall is his goal.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:02 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Although I am completely in favor of legal immigration, I am completely against illegal immigration.*

However that being said, how in the world can anyone think that separating children from their parents and housing them in shelters is a GOOD thing?! It just boggles my mind.

*I do think, however, that it should be much easier for anyone who is now in the country illegally to become a citizen if s/he has a job.
It is only those who have entered our country illegally and are being jailed and prosecuted that are being separated from their kids and they were forewarned not to do so. Do American lawbreakers get to go to jail with their kids?

No, anyone who violated our immigration laws and taken a job unlawfully should not be rewarded with our citizenship. Are you joking? How are Americans to get their jobs back with your plan?

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Guess what - I'm a Democrat - I'm Christian and I voted for Trump. As a parent - my responsibility to my kids involves not putting them in situation where they may be harmed or worse. These people know that the US is now following the laws. They know that the children are being sequestered from the parents - it's their responsibility as parents if they want to come here to do so legally. You're not much of a role model if you're breaking the law.

Sorry but this Democrat believes in personal responsibility. I'm sick of taking care of everyone but our own. If they left want to donate money, set up their own shelters, take these people into your homes until they can settle here - so be it - get off your duffs and do it. I don't feel it's my responsibility nor do I have the money.
So has a Christian you had no problems with having a rich, sexist pig as president? Whatever that’s between you and your God. Trump nor any other politician cares about breaking the law to get what they want, regardless of party affiliation.

On your last point I don’t have the money for Trumps wall most Americans don’t. YOU voted for him YOU can help pay for it.

Trump wasn’t able to keep his promise about making Mexico pay for his wall so now he have this.

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
About the kids being RIPPED from their mothers and all the BS trying to make it as though the Trump admin is heartless. They are not.

This is a horrible situation for the kids. The liberal politicians, parents and gang members have done this to them.
It's trump who made this policy. He should own it instead of per usual lying about it & claiming
that's not their policy. Again, he does something, gets flak for it, then turns around & outright lies about it. And his dumb as stumps supporters nod their heads in unison. There is no dumber group of people.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:03 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
How many children were in that tent city? Many of these children are toddlers and infants who are far less capable of dealing with extreme heat than adults. The adults are not being sent to these cities and are probably being sent to places that have better living conditions than the children.

They are in air conditioned tents and being treated very humanely, duh.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
From the negative reaction from so many various sources, it does appear this administration made an error with this policy statement. I think they miscalculated the negative reactions.

They are trying to spin it now.

This happens to often with this administration. They make some wild statement and then have to dance around it.

I don't have a problem with Sessions making a statement that the process for asylum application is being scrutinized and that there must be a very clear and obvious danger to the asylum seeker. That the process is arduous and no guarantee that the individual will be granted asylum. That very few are. That it is very difficult particularly on children, etc. That's getting the message out.

Don't you think by now the 'illegal' folks realize this administration is serious about deportation.? And you know what -- that's okay with me. I have no problem with the govt. saying that from now on those that find themselves in the USA with no status will not be able to stay but will be immediately deported.

In the past all level of govt. have made compensation and allowed folks to stay here without legal status. That's on the USA. They supported (and that's all parties and folks) that system.

Shut it down now. I don't mean don't issue visas, and deport folks with green cards, etc....I mean let school boards know that if there are 'new' kids who are signed up without citizenship those kids and their families will face deportation.

In the past that hasn't happened - even in red states (so please don't just blame the liberals)

But if a woman shows up with a three year old asking for asylum. Put her and her child somewhere until her case is reviewed.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Your heart can bleed until you need a transfusion, but we are not going to allow gaming and hacking of our immigration laws such that masses of invaders get to walk into our country and steal tax dollars directly, and more importantly, vote in our elections with the mentality from their former collectivist countries, and basically and cancerously destroy our country from within. You can feel and feel and feel, but we're just simply not going to allow that to happen.

Immigration must take place legally and through petition and paperwork and procedure. If you just walk in, you get nothing except a return trip. No due process for invaders. And we should be charging Mexico a fee to pay for the bounce back and drop off costs.

Let compassionate and collectivist and warm-hearted Mexico handle it, since they assisted and allowed in the invasion by failing to protect their own borders. On purpose.

This is all a hustle. And some of us know it and are going to stop it. But you can feel bad and pine for the fjords. Just stay out of the way.
You don't get it.

I've linked and quoted from both the U.S.C. and treaties which clearly say asylum claimants, no matter how they enter the USA, have a right to ask for asylum, and are subject to due process.

American law requires that, as do the treaties the US has agreed to.

Is the USA a nation of laws or not? Ya can't be pickin' and choosin'.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/st...55559393210368

Stunning news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies