Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:58 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Depends on if we grant you asylum. You see that two letter word there? Or?

But the bottom line is-you have to be here. And if its granted then you did not commit a crime. We do not criminalize legal behavior-which seeking asylum is.

We are a nation of laws, and these ARE our laws. Until convicted we SHOULD NOT PUNISH people. Especially in this case where the people doing this have stated the intent is to punish them.

I'm ALL for deporting illegals. Completely. But im 100% against pulling families apart to preemptively punish the parents. You DO NOT hurt kids to punish parents. What sort of psychopath is ok with that? What are you people doing to a nation that I once swore to defend?
You can already be in the country or you can ask for asylum at any port of entry. Or, yes, either or. You do not have to already be in the country. Parents who ask for asylum at the port of entry do not have their children separated.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:00 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I can't tell you how ashamed I am of our country....the so called leader of the world and land of the free.
Land of the freeloaders is more like it.

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Children are being kidnaped from their parents.

How can anyone with any decency can support this for any reason?

Even Trump can't quite stomach it and is blaming Democrats.
Kidnapped my left boob.

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! Most illegal aliens and so-called asylum seekers aren't here to save their kids from atrocities. They are here for economic reasons at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. 75% of asylum seekers have had their cased denied. What does that tell you? No, most illegals working here were border jumpers not visa over stayers but they both need to be deported.
Well the real question is then who the heck is giving them jobs here isn't it? Why aren't we doing much about that?
Your president doesn't give a dam about any of this BTW, this is his tactic to keep his base with him. Holding children as hostages to get funding for his wall that Mexico was going to pay for, remember that?

Old 06-18-2018, 02:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Well the real question is then who the heck is giving them jobs here isn't it? Why aren't we doing much about that?
Your president doesn't give a dam about any of this BTW, this is his tactic to keep his base with him. Holding children as hostages to get funding for his wall that Mexico was going to pay for, remember that?
And this -- who is hiring illegals these days?

Old 06-18-2018, 02:03 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Stop---just stop

If they truly wanted asylum, they wouldn't have put their kids through this. Instead, they would have asked Mexico for asylum.

Instead, they dragged them through Mexico, even putting them on La Bestia. Many people have fallen off that train and were either killed or mutilated.

Dragging them through Mexico means that they don't care about their kids.

You are avoiding the fact that we don't even know for sure if these kids belong to the adults who are bringing them in here.

You also ignored the link I posted twice about how American citizens are being terrorized by gangs who are trying to force them out of their neighborhoods.

Once again, people vacation in Honduras and Guatemala. Some even buy houses and retire there.

So...I ask again...have you offered to foster several of these kids? Or do you only talk the talk and refuse to walk the walk?
So I ask you once again, why do you keep posting the same sill things over and over?

So what if people vacation in parts of Honduras and Guatemala? Just because tourists in resorts are safe hardly means those in the rest of he country are equally safe. It's a dimwitted argument at best.

To claim they don't care for their kids because they go through a dangerous journey to get here is equally bizarre. There are all sorts of tales of parents risking danger to get their kids to safety. Read up on WWII or watch Sound of Music.

As to Americans being terrorized by gangs. Yes, we've hear that over and over and over and over. Yet there are surprisingly few actual documented cases of this outside of InfoWars, etc. Few, if any, communities are terrorized by immigrant gangs.

As to taking in these children ourselves, why would we do that?

There are lots of things we expect our government to do that we don't do ourselves. That's why we pay taxes. I'm willing to pay for roads, bridges, schools, etc. as opposed to building them myself.

I pay taxes and expect our government to behave honorably.

Instead we now have this bunch of corrupt incompetents running the joint and robbing us blind.

But kidnapping children is beyond the pale.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:03 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Children are being kidnaped from their parents.

How can anyone with any decency can support this for any reason?

Even Trump can't quite stomach it and is blaming Democrats.

These kids are not being kidnapped. No one would support kids being kidnapped. The democrats are to blame.

No one likes seeing kids harmed. Well, outside the womb anyway, actually some people don't like seeing kids harmed. Decent people don't like seeing kids harmed. The solution is to keep them out in the first place.
I know people who are from other countries who came here legally. They had to apply for citizenship, do the work and it took some time and it wasn't easy but they did it and are Americans now. They resent the idea of illegals thinking they can just come in.

I would not be surprised to find out that the liberal democrats are using incentives to lure illegals over the border. Not one bit.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Most of their claims are bogus. Once again, people vacation in Honduras and Guatemala. Some even buy houses and retire there. They wouldn't do any of those things if life were so bad there.

If they truly needed asylum, they would have asked Mexico for it.

We all know why they want to come to the US---they just want all the freebies.

Plus, how can you even be sure that the kids even belong to the adults who brought them here?
We don't know if the claims are bogus? Are there status? Links?

People vacation in Haiti -- in an area protected by armed guards.

Mexico may not have the perceived resources. Of course the USA is more desirable. Their choice to come here instead of Mexico doesn't make their claim bogus.

And you check the kids papers...just like they do when you go in or out of the country.

You folks are great defenders of Trump's policies and can spin it better than he can. Not once has he or any of his minions mentioned child safety as the reason for the separation.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
thelogo
This is why the children have to be placed in a safe environment. Traffickers like these want these kids to come over.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:09 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
To Democrats, yes. Remember that when you vote in November.
That is exactly what all this is about. There is always a deceptive reason when the leftist media and the left suddenly rise up en masse over something that they had been quiet about for decades. The reason for their sudden fake caring is.....

Midterms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies