Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:55 PM

1,923 posts, read 83,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care if they're watching. I live in a border state and have watched illegal aliens flood my town and my region for decades. I'm sick of it. I don't want to speak Spanish. I don't want to listen to Spanish music. I don't want to watch Spanish TV or be asked EVERY TIME I call anywhere, anytime, if I'd rather speak Spanish or English - hell, I live in the United States of America, not Mexico. I speak English. Talk to me in English.

I'm all for easing the path to legal citizenship. I'm all for helping people make a better life for themselves - legally. What I am against is breaking the law. You break the law, bad stuff can happen to you and your family.

We have to know WHO IS IN OUR COUNTRY AND WHY. This can take some time. People do it legally all the time. Heck, my daughter in law is Korean and she went through all sorts of legal paperwork to be LEGALLY IN THE US - but she did it and here she is now. Other people need to do it too. We have the systems in place. Deal with the system.

THERE ARE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT BREAK LAWS DAILY..AND THEY DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH,,THEY ARE JUST RACIST~~~~

We have to know WHO IS IN OUR COUNTRY AND WHY LOL STARTING WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE AMERICAN BORN TERRORIST......

AMERICANS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HATE TO LEARN OTHER LANGUAGES I WONDER WHY ALL OVER THE WORLD THEY SPEAK MORE THAN ONE LANGUAGE ..I BET YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN EUROPE...OR ANYWHERE ASIDE FROM YOUR FRONT PORCH

Old 06-18-2018, 06:55 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,329,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
how low you must be as a human being to try to excuse keeping the kids separated by implying their accommodations are better than what they are use to.
Again, the alternative is putting them in jail with their parents. How can you support that?

Old 06-18-2018, 06:56 PM

16,876 posts, read 10,541,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Immigration Expert: Border Shelters Are a 'Big Step Up' for Most Migrants | Fox News Insider

The executive director for the Center for Immigration Studies said that despite the left's claims that migrant centers are in poor condition, most shelters allow better living conditions for immigrants there.
Mark Krikorian said on "Fox & Friends" that the centers for minors are not detention centers, and rather shelters.
"Nobody's detained from leaving. They can just leave. Sometimes they do," he said.
He said that an adult detention center he visited offered better living conditions for those held there.
Haters are talking out both sides of their mouths. They say the families are seeking "asylum" from torture, death, murder, and terror. When they get to the US the government gives the kids very nice living conditions and safety and the haters turn around and call Trump Hitler.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,463,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Again, the alternative is putting them in jail with their parents. How can you support that?
That is not the other alternative.

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Haters are talking out both sides of their mouths. They say the families are seeking "asylum" from torture, death, murder, and terror. When they get to the US the government gives the kids very nice living conditions and safety and the haters turn around and call Trump Hitler.
Nursing babies are pulled from their moms -- what kind of person thinks that is very nice living conditions.

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasAguilas View Post
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
People who condone this child abuse by our government should burn in Hell. Trump, Sessions and their minions are no better than Adolf Hitler.

I AGREE WITH THIS POSTER 100%%%%%%%%%%%
Child abuse? That abuse was dragging those poor children through how many countries just to get to the USA and seek asylum here. Why not Mexico? The left keeps telling us what a paradise Mexico is except for a few places. We here they have excellent medical care as well. Instead the parents risked their children's lives just to game the system.

39,026 posts, read 51,082,683 times
Instead of locking up babies in cages in his concentration camps, trump should be locking up employers who hire illegals. That really IS a crime. It would also be far more effective at stemming the flow across the border.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nursing babies are pulled from their moms -- what kind of person thinks that is very nice living conditions.
What kind of Nursing mother endangers their baby needlessly? They can seek asylum in Mexico.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would imply that their accommodations are safer than allowing them to stay with parents who intentionally endangered them. The parents wanted the USA and only the USA. They could have applied for asylum in Mexico, but instead tried to break into the USA.
How many miles of hardship did those children suffer so their parents could try to game the system?
If they are asking for asylum they aren't trying to break into the USA.

And they were so afraid for their lives that they risked the travel, the hardship.

They aren't gaming a system.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What kind of Nursing mother endangers their baby needlessly? They can seek asylum in Mexico.
We don't know why the can't seek or won't seek asylum in Mexico.

But if the USA has a law that ALLOWS them to seek asylum here -- then we have to treat them as human beings, not just one step up from what they have been trying to get out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies