Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
My question to the Republican party who used to be known as the party of family values is this. Are you now truly comfortable with becoming world wide known as the party who breaks up families and being completely complicit with using children to accomplish the goal of getting money for the wall? Do you truly want to be forever known as this?
True conservatives have to be so upset with this.
What is the Republican party going to be known for looking forward?
You're right and I can tell you're very smart. These children should not be taken away from their parents, in fact their parents should not be arrested at all for crossing the border illegally and in fact we should just open up the border.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,837,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Why does the Left persist in distorting the situation? They are behind the misinformation campaign telling these invaders how to come here and what to tell our immigration officers. Bring some kids and your home free!

We can't have these third worlders flood across our border en masse with the intention of overwhelming our security.

If our government doesn't quell this cultural dilution of our society, Americans will do it on their own. Stay tuned.

Build the wall.
Migrants all over the world are fleeing wars, famine, poor economies. Like my grandparents, leaving Italy and Ireland in the mid to late 1800's.

Where is the empathy and heart for these people. Being a migrant just about anywhere in the world today, is a scary, hard place to be.

Watching this current selected president treat people worse than wild animals is inhumane and I believe crimes against humanity.

Trump's mother came from Germany, (I think) back around when my folks came to America, probably via Ellis island, what and who does he think he is?

Spending money on that "wall," is a waste of money and energy that could be spent on curing diseases and re-building our crumbling infrastructure.

The only natural people here are the native American Indian.

Trump said, "we won't be a country of migrants." Hey, Trump, too late, our country was founded on immigrants. Try reading some history, before you open your mouth and shout out fake history.!!!!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,095,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just when you think Trump and his supporters can't get any slimier, he tries something like this. Did he really think that he could use children as a lever to push his border wall agenda, and get by with it? This response to this has caught Trump by surprise - he is so callous and clueless that he thought he could use innocent children as a standard Trump tactic, like negotiating a real estate deal.

Don't kid yourself. Deep down, Trump is a very sick individual, a classic sociopath - and this particular "hot mess" shows it in spades. And yet - the Trumpists continue to adore him. It says a LOT about their values. Every day that goes by that they go further out on a limb with Trump they lose more credibility. How can you respect someone that supports a tactic like this?
Please. We know your game! Your fake outrage is just a tactic to further disrupt our Country. But keep it up.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,572,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Show me
I have linked to sources many times in this thread.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:13 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,095,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Migrants all over the world are fleeing wars, famine, poor economies. Like my grandparents, leaving Italy and Ireland in the mid to late 1800's.

Where is the empathy and heart for these people. Being a migrant just about anywhere in the world today, is a scary, hard place to be.

Watching this current selected president treat people worse than wild animals is inhumane and I believe crimes against humanity.

Trump's mother came from Germany, (I think) back around when my folks came to America, probably via Ellis island, what and who does he think he is?

Spending money on that "wall," is a waste of money and energy that could be spent on curing diseases and re-building our crumbling infrastructure.

The only natural people here are the native American Indian. Where did you come from???
4,000-5,000 a month! This isn't 1914. We don't need to import poverty and the non-assimilating. Wake up and smell the coffee.
End this immigration farce-----build the wall!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,572,165 times
Quote:
4,000-5,000 a month! This isn't 1914. We don't need to import poverty and the non-assimilating. Wake up and smell the coffee.
End this immigration farce-----build the wall!
Canada takes in 5-6 times that in each month.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,734,935 times
Quote:
Please. We know your game! Your fake outrage is just a tactic to further disrupt our Country. But keep it up.
Oh you are so very wrong. This is NOT fake outrage at all. Anyone who is not upset at breaking up families just to justify getting money for a wall we were told that Mexico would pay for is lacking empathy. Especially when the bible is brought into it .
Trump is a liar who shows authoritarian tendencies and people are blindly falling in line even at the cost of permanently harming innocent children.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:34 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,862,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm fine with the Indian tech workers staying in India. And we should do away with anchor babies too. Next?
Yes we should definitely do away with anchor babies.

Mexican and Latino baby waving (sympathy ploys)seems to be working on clueless Liberals, if they are so butthurt they can always pool their money and open up FAKE refugee and asylum centers in MEXICO and put their money where their mouths are.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,646,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Unaccompanied children.

From your link:
“Wendy Young, president of the advocacy group Kids in Need of Defense told the Post it is the Trump administration's decision to separate children from their families is what sets it apart from enforcing "the most aggressive response to Central American migration we've seen to date."

She said it is "disingenuous to couch this as a continuation" of Obama's policies.

“What’s happened is the exception to the rule is now becoming the rule,” Young said. “Here they’re doing zero-tolerance policy to punish families and send a message to their home countries: Don’t do this.””

Question for those who support this policy: do you know that crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, much like littering or speeding?
How many people in this country even get pulled over, let alone have their children taken from them for doing 5-10 over the speed limit?

We’ll wait.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:42 AM

46,207 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Don't now if this has been posted prior....

Quote:
Nielsen answered by calling the US a "country of compassion" and then pointed out the 10,000 of the 12,000 children in care of Health and Human Services who she said had arrived to the US as unaccompanied minors.

DHS secretary gets mercilessly grilled over family-separation policy - Business Insider

10k CHILDREN were sent to the United States on their own....no parents...

But, the left cares not about that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies