Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:23 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I find this to be awful! Those children need to be put to work now, to save money and time. There is no sense in keeping in cages.
I hope and pray this is sarcasm.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post

Quote:
Trump said, "we won't be a country of migrants." Hey, Trump, too late, our country was founded on immigrants. Try reading some history, before you open your mouth and shout out fake history.!!!
Where or when did President Trump say that? i suspect he did not.

Donald Trump: I Won't Let U.S. Become 'Migrant Camp' | Time

Old 06-19-2018, 06:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Too bad the democrats don't care about the homeless Americans in this country along with their children especially in places like San. Francisco with all the tent cities.

Hypocrites!

Old 06-19-2018, 06:28 AM

46,299 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What in God's name are you talking about? Yes, "the left" DOES care about those kids. Those kids are in a terrible place just like those ripped from their parents. Jesus Christ. It would behoove you and others to ASK rather than ASSUME.

Do you think those other 10k only got here on trumps watch? Where was the OUTRAGE THEN? Oh, that's right, it was on OBAMAS watch, so it's all good...

Or are you saying that the left did not know about those during that time, and now just finding out, that would be kinda stupid, yes?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:29 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The only children separated from parents were children who were unaccompanied, or came across the border with a male who could not prove he was the child's father. The total number of children who came through the border with an adult and were separated during Obama's presidency was 58. Trump is separating 48 kids a day who are for the most part entering the US with their mother.
And even if Obama had done the exact same thing as Trump, which he did not, that is no excuse for Trump to do the wrong thing. Did these posters not hear their mother growing up when she said, "If Sally/Joe jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"

Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
While I'm not really ok with kids being separated from their families when they come over here, I HATE how the media is manipulating this right now like it's a brand new thing and exploiting children crying and trying to manipulate the masses this way.

Yes, it's happening now under Trump, but it's been happening for the past 10 years under Bush and Obama. Back then nobody cared. Now that Trump is in office, we're suddenly supposed to have a sense of urgency to care?

Also, while it sucks that those people are escaping gangs and whatnot to live better lives, they still have to come here legally and just do it the right way. The parents are basically putting their own kids through that instead of just obeying the laws.

This whole thing is a mess, but the thing that ticks me off the most is the media exploiting this to get a few more clicks. There's literally a video on CNN right now of a kid who's crying and the CNN twitter is like "CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO OF SOME KID CRYING FROM BEING SEPERATED FROM HIS PARENTS!" It's disgusting.

I hope Trump fixes this mess but again, it's been happening for years now and nobody cared.
Nope.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44503514

Donald Trump blames Democrats for own immigration policy separating families | PolitiFact

Old 06-19-2018, 06:31 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
I don't understand why our globalist-minded international law-loving Lefty-Progs are not screaming at Mexico.

International law requires that people seeking asylum do so in the first country they reach where they are safe from whatever peril they are running.

Why aren't these people coming from Central and South America applying for asylum in Mexico?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Too bad the democrats don't care about the homeless Americans in this country along with their children especially in places like San. Francisco with all the tent cities.

Hypocrites!
More lies...

Old 06-19-2018, 06:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't now if this has been posted prior....

DHS secretary gets mercilessly grilled over family-separation policy - Business Insider

10k CHILDREN were sent to the United States on their own....no parents...

But, the left cares not about that....
I can't believe a word she says. This administration clearly states they will separate children from parents and she denies that this policy exists.

You can choose to believe what you want but at some point when we have an administration that:

- says in 2017 that separating children from parents could be used as a deterrent
- Sessions makes an official policy announcement that results in parents/children being seperated.
- Trump blames the Democrat for parents being seperated from children but he could stop it immediately.
- then has their DHS secretary say they aren't separating children from parents.

HANG ON HERE....what is it kids -- They make sure they release every statement in the book, stand by all of them and we can't believe any of them.

More Kool-Aid anyone?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you think those other 10k only got here on trumps watch? Where was the OUTRAGE THEN? Oh, that's right, it was on OBAMAS watch, so it's all good...

Or are you saying that the left did not know about those during that time, and now just finding out, that would be kinda stupid, yes?
False.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies