Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:47 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
From the quote in your post..
""If a CBP officer or agent encounters a U.S.-bound migrant at or between ports of entry, without legal papers, and the person expresses fear of being returned to his/her home country, our officers process them for an interview with an asylum officer with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services," the statement read"
U,S.-bound migrant = a migrant who is bound for the US.
If the migrant was already in the US he/she would not be bound for the US since he/she would already here.
Someone can be on the other side of the border and be "between ports of entry", too.
edit..
You had used that quote to back up your comment of --"Entry at places other than a port of entry for the purposes of seeking asylum is legal" .... the quote does not back up your comment
I'm sorry if you don't understand what it says but that does not make it wrong. There are two ways to seek asylum; affirmatively where the application is filed from your home country and defensively where you notify a CBP employee that you are seeking asylum AFTER you enter the US. What I posted was a quote from CBP that confirms that a person can seek asylum once they enter the US, either through a port of entry or between ports of entry.

You just can't twist that into something else, it won't work.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Show me what law allows us to imprison children who have not committed any crime. I'll wait, because you won't find one.

Imprison? Lol so much drama from the spin doctors.

BTW if they're in our country illegally, then YES, they have broken our laws.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Show me what law allows us to imprison children who have not committed any crime. I'll wait, because you won't find one.
they are NOT imprisoned, they ARE in fact being detained...what are they supposed to do with so many people trying to sneak in each and every day? How are they supposed to house them. If you'd think about it, how many per day sneak in, and have been sneaking in for the past, Oh I don't know, say, 20 years??????? DRAMA, your parroting the news....

How long do you honestly think and believe we can keep this up....

Our politicians want to go global...one world trade, do you have any idea what that means?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
OH come ON.

Are you seriously comparing a government agency KIDNAPPING children from their parents to dropping your child off at SCHOOL or DAYCARE?

JFC.
The point is the media is using images of children crying, but they were taken by their own parents from their homes, they are probably hungry and haven't slept, of course they are crying. At least they can sleep and get food at the center. This is nothing compared to what their parents have put them through.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:51 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Imprison? Lol so much drama from the spin doctors.

BTW if they're in our country illegal, then YES, they have broken our laws.
Why are we imprisoning these children, when we could just let them in and put them to work. We still have many openings in the fields of house cleaning and gardening. We could form some sort of internship program, where maybe they could work for people like me for say, ten years, and then they cold become legal. This is something Chuck and Nancy are open to.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm sorry if you don't understand what it says but that does not make it wrong. There are two ways to seek asylum; affirmatively where the application is filed from your home country and defensively where you notify a CBP employee that you are seeking asylum AFTER you enter the US. What I posted was a quote from CBP that confirms that a person can seek asylum once they enter the US, either through a port of entry or between ports of entry.

You just can't twist that into something else, it won't work.
they are sneaking into our land, using the excuse when caught, mind you, only when caught, that they are "seeking asylum." How convenient is that?

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Why are we imprisoning these children, when we could just let them in and put them to work. We still have many openings in the fields of house cleaning and gardening. We could form some sort of internship program, where maybe they could work for people like me for say, ten years, and then they cold become legal. This is something Chuck and Nancy are open to.

Don't forget child sex trafficking. They also make for good mules to smuggle drugs across the border.

...just doing jobs Americans wont!

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Are you suggesting we put 1-13 year olds to work? Last I heard you could start working at 14(?) with working papers. That is like child slave labor. What a bad idea.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Cardinal Dolan's take on this sorry situation.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/statu...98924629823488

Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 AM

10,520 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Default Christian viewpoint - separating children from parents at the border?

Both Jeff Sessions and Sarah Huckabee Sanders used the bible to support separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent.

I was wondering how many people here as Christians support this policy?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...arents-n883296

Quote:
"Persons who violate the law of our nation are subject to prosecution ... I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13 to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes," Sessions said. "Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves ... and protect the weak and it protects the lawful."
He called on religious leaders to "speak up strongly to urge anyone who would come here to apply lawfully, to wait their turn and not violate the law."
Later Thursday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders doubled down on Sessions' comments, saying it is "very biblical to enforce the law."
"That is actually repeated a number of times throughout the Bible," she said, responding to a question about Sessions' comments about Scripture's supporting the administration's policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies