Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:54 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where is the law regarding separation of children from mothers seeking asylum? Do you just parrot everything the orange jerkwad says?
To bad you see color and not the law.

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don’t know. Separating families and caging children doesn’t seem like a winning issue.
1. nobody is being caged...

2. these people are NOT refuges 'seeking' asylum...they are illegal, and came here ILLEGALLY with their parents.

we should not be rewarding (amnesty/citizenship) for an illegal action (criminal action actually)

the fact is every "dreamer" is an ILLEGAL, they are not even 'anchor babies' , they are illegal, and came here ILLEGALLY with their parents most are not even children they are in their 20's... GIVING amnesty is rewarding the criminals... yes criminals... ILLEGAL ENTRY is a crime

they are NOT refugees, they are ILLEGALS, who crossed the borders illegally, then got caught, and are now demanding refugee status

intentionally crossing the borders illegally.. is a crime... criminal entry or criminal trespass.
It's not "immigration" when you enter the country illegally; it's criminal entry. classified as a felony crime.

Quote:
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact..... 8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

Quote:
Bill Clinton passed a law in 1996, that separated children from adults entering the USA illegally...…… liberals cheered

Obama enforced the very same law though-out his entire presidency……... liberals cheered

president Trump is now "left to deal with it"...… and the liberhadists are angry...……………………

go figure

Quote:
In 1986 Senator Kennedy said, ‘This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.’
old liberal ted lied

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Looks like a fair solution and coming from my 2nd least liked Republican yet. Firm up the timeline issue per article and I think it should be a go. I'm a little floored, way to go Ted Cruz.
Does nothing to solve the problem. People flood the system before his proposal. People flood the system after his proposal. If this all he's got, I am glad he lost.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where is the law regarding separation of children from mothers seeking asylum? Do you just parrot everything the orange jerkwad says?
they are NOT refugees seeking asylum, ….. they are ILLEGALS, who crossed the borders illegally, then got caught, and are now demanding refugee status

intentionally crossing the borders illegally.. is a crime... criminal entry or criminal trespass.
It's not "immigration" when you enter the country illegally; it's criminal entry. classified as a felony crime.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 PM

312 posts, read 268,195 times
Can McConnell force a Senate vote if the House passes one of the proposed bills?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
According to Jonathan Blitzer, reporter for the New Yorker, there is currently no process in place to reunite the children with their parents.

Various advocacy groups are working on one case at a time, but it's hit or miss.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
BREAKING: McConnell to support a bill to end child confiscation. “I support, and all of the senators of the Republican conference support, a plan that keeps families together,” McConnell told reporters.

https://twitter.com/SenateMajLdr/sta...95869072252928

It's all over. Trump lost this battle. Dems 1, Trump 0.

Actually, that would be a big win for Trump who has been calling for Congress to do something and pass an immigration bill for two years. He has given his support to this bill and a couple of others currently proposed. In another stroke of mastery, Trump has forced Congress to do something.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:04 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Three shelters housing hundreds of babies and toddlers in south Texas.

How can this be?

http://time.com/5316764/toddler-immi...-age-shelters/

Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The children aren't being caged. President Trump has spoken out against the separation of the children from their parents. The Democrats won't cooperate with him because of politics as well as the Rhinos.
Completely false! A chain-link enclosed area is definitely a cage! Also, President Chump couldn’t care less about these families who are most likely trying to escape a dangerous environment and have a better life.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Not so fast - as expected, the Democrats refuse to even consider any plan to keep families together.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ly-separations

Senate Democrats reject GOP legislative fix to stop family separations

That's becuase the Republican bills actually address the problem, allow the govt to keep families in detention, and expedite resolution of cases. The Dems don't actually want the problem to go away. They want it to get worse so they have a campaign issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies