Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:04 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,279,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Care to link to a source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1exA8ik5QI

Old 06-19-2018, 11:06 PM

45,384 posts, read 26,972,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Taking away all the emotions from this issue and just dealing with the facts, it's Congress responsibility to make or change laws, not the President by Executive Order. Yes, he can, but what I believe is that he's forcing Congress to do its job and not just to sit on the fence and complain, but to take a stand AND go on the record.

If everything is now going to be done by Executive Orders, then why do we need Congress??

The truth be told, we need Congress, but we need them to do their freaking job!! And yes, that for both the Dems and Reps... Both are equally guilty of failing to do their sworn duties as elected officials of the people.

I know that this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I think as a country, we would do better by not letting our emotions guide us in making tough decisions that have no easy answers.
On the money with this... as these rules have been in play thru Bush and Obama.

Instead of skirting the rules out of expediency to make us feel good, there is a process available to change rules we don't like. Use the proper process.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:09 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,341,113 times
Rather than engage the Trump base on this issue, I am instead encouraging true Americans to resist the atrocities committed by this administration. Someone forwarded this article to me. It contains a lot of suggestions on how everyday people can help. It explains very clearly what THIS administration has done with regard to policy, very simple and effective messages to communicate to people who may not be familiar.

And if you happen to be in the legal profession, have associates looking for pro bono work, or looking to do some pro bono work yourself, I’m sure there are many nonprofit organizations that can use the help. This article has a running list if you cannot find any yourself.

Sometimes it takes heinous acts to wake people up. Americans are finally waking up.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...he-border.html

Old 06-19-2018, 11:13 PM

22,342 posts, read 11,876,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
There is a time to be civil. There is a time to call out human excrement. This is the time.
Oh, you mean it's time to use it when people demand that these kids be returned to the adults who sneaked them into this country, no questions asked? Never mind that many of these kids are being trafficked.

Yeah, you're right. Anyone who is cheering for the above scenario is as you described above.

As for me, I find it horrifying and despicable that anyone would turn over kids to people who claim to be their parents when they are not. How anyone can support that is beyond the pale.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:14 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,428,945 times
Quote:
Rather than engage the Trump base on this issue, I am instead encouraging true Americans to resist the atrocities committed by this administration. Someone forwarded this article to me. It contains a lot of suggestions on how everyday people can help. It explains very clearly what THIS administration has done with regard to policy, very simple and effective messages to communicate to people who may not be familiar.

And if you happen to be in the legal profession, have associates looking for pro bono work, or looking to do some pro bono work yourself, I’m sure there are many nonprofit organizations that can use the help.

Sometimes it takes heinous acts to wake people up. Americans are finally waking up.

State Governors are stepping up and resisting the tyranny of Trump and refusing to allow use of their national guard to fulfill the policy of trump at the border.
#guyswithguts . Finally
Congress and Senate scooped by State Governors!!

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 PM

22,342 posts, read 11,876,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the human excrement is the liberals supporting human trafficking

And that's exactly what they are doing when they demand that these kids be returned to the adults who brought them here, no questions asked.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,950,763 times
These are refugees escaping from horrible circumstances. The US together with Mexico and Canada should come up with a plan to help them

Old 06-19-2018, 11:16 PM

45,384 posts, read 26,972,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So what, exactly, is it that you think is going on?

Do you think the reports are fake? Do you think the federal government (Trump administration), which provides the numbers, is lying? Do you think liberals (Soros?) hired thousands of people to drag their children to the border so they would be separated and give CNN a headline?

If you're going to wade into fact-denying, head in the sand conspiracy pushing, I do hope you have some non-insane explanation.
If my kids were so important to me, why come into the country when I have already heard that a bunch of people had their kids removed already. Why would I do that?

I am just saying that it doesn't make sense know that others had their kids removed, and then follow the same path, have your kids removed, and then be outraged.

In other words, it seems to be a created crisis to me.

These people marched up from Honduras to start chaos. They knew Trump's position. It's not a secret. And more importantly - it's our law.

There is a proper way to declare asylum. These people are not doing that. There is a proper way to gain access to the country. They aren't doing that.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,428,514 times
Quote:

And if you happen to be in the legal profession, have associates looking for pro bono work, or looking to do some pro bono work yourself, I’m sure there are many nonprofit organizations that can use the help. This article has a running list if you cannot find any yourself.

the atrocities (as you call them) have been happening since before Clinton... and you are only getting on your high horse now??

if you want to be angry about heinous acts , then be angry that liberals are supporting human trafficking for political gain.. all to bash the opposition

Old 06-19-2018, 11:20 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,398 times
Trump belongs in Hell! This type of child abuse is unacceptable, yet he’s enjoying the attention he gets for this reality show presidency he runs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies