Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:59 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think these parents have been trying to use kids as "human shields" much like those giving birth to "anchor babies."
Racism knows no bounds here. Comparing Hispanics to terrorists. Talk about identity politics.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
I think these parents have been trying to use kids as "human shields" much like those giving birth to "anchor babies."
??????? I don't get your reasoning.

There is no provision that makes families more likely to be allowed to seek asylum based on the 'kids'.

The kids don't facilitate or protect so why would you think they are using them as shields.

These are families, they want to come and live here because their lives are hell holes. They may not have the full resources to apply for jobs from their three bedroom bungalow with internet, tv and a lovely garden.

So they travel for days and days, big risk for hopefully big gains. A normal life.

Now I'm not advocating that the US govt. let all of them in...but we have to be real about the majority of these people and their purpose.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Or maybe they are poor desperate people who simply want to bring their families with them when they are seeking a better life, just as you or most anyone else would do. Not to mention most people do not have anyone to just leave their children with when they flee for their lives in strife-ridden violent countries.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:08 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I don’t know what to say here anymore other than that babies are being taken away from their parents, and it’s not right! It doesn’t matter if they’re here illegally, you can’t do that to any human being!

Firstly, it's 100% the parents fault. THEY are the ones knowingly and willingly putting their children in harm. Don't want to be separated, keep the **** out of our country. You're not welcome here.

Secondly, we separate American citizens from their children all the freaking time. It's called PRISON.

Libs twisting the narrative just makes them look like drama queens. This whole line of "reasoning" just makes them look like fools, even more than usual.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2018 at 06:52 AM..

Old 06-20-2018, 05:11 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Or maybe they are poor desperate people who simply want to bring their families with them when they are seeking a better life, just as you or most anyone else would do. Not to mention most people do not have anyone to just leave their children with when they flee for their lives in strife-ridden violent countries.
then come here legally!!! I challenge you to go to any other country and try to live there illegally. Even the Bahamas has a policy...at the time I wanted to move there, I would have had to pay 10,000.00 to become a citizen. Right or wrong it was their law. And that's fine, but we expect them to become an American citizen, it should be a right and a Privilege to do so. Keep on slapping those in the face, who have done so, with this kind of irrational thinking.

When did breaking the law become a trend and no one being held accountable for doing so.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
If “parents”, and I use the term loosely, don’t want to be separated from their children, I have a modest proposal: Don’t drag them illegally across the border of a foreign country. Being in possession of their children is entirely within their control. Don’t invade a foreign country, and your kids will stay in your possession.

Being separated from your children in this case is a choice. It is the “parents” who are at fault. Don’t invade another country illegally. Make that choice, and you will not be separated from your kids.

It's so simple. Why do simple minded liberals lack such basic comprehension?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Remains to be seen who will end up looking like fools.

However, it is strikingly clear who are the evil ones.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:13 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
then come here legally!!! I challenge you to go to any other country and try to live there illegally. Even the Bahamas has a policy...at the time I wanted to move there, I would have had to pay 10,000.00 to become a citizen. Right or wrong it was their law. And that's fine, but we expect them to become an American citizen, it should be a right and a Privilege to do so. Keep on slapping those in the face, who have done so, with this kind of irrational thinking.

When did breaking the law become a trend and no one being held accountable for doing so.
I see. Having your children taken from you is a ''slap in the face''.

Sig heil.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:14 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
I actually posted a separate forum, but it was deleted. I guess it was maybe trying to silence me.

How come there is no outcry when American citizens that are arrested are separated from their families?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:15 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
All I see on the news is that these people are leaving Honduras or EL Salvador out of fear for their lives. Can anyone tell me why they can't seek asylum in Mexico, or any of the other countries in Central/South America. Regardless of the administrations enforcement of existing laws it seems that the one thing he is trying to force is for those elected to congress to sit down and address the immigration issue.

I think all these groups promoting coming to the USA are playing chess with people lives as they try to promote their position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies