Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:10 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why are you assuming everyone coming into the country does all that? At most, they are guilty of a misdemeanor. This treatment is not warranted and is only happening for political purposes so Trump can look tough. He's gonna be eating that soon - he can only do his doubling and tripling down for so long then he'll have to retreat and try something new. Republicans are to blame for this - Trump is a lying LIAR.
We can send them to your house.

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Right. Children don't care about legalities and politics and policies. In the past, our former Presidents all did the right thing; they took care of business at the border, but at the same time, they made certain that children were protected in the process. Sure, they had the power to do what Trump is doing now but they used their wisdom and compassion to decide how to prosecute those laws.

Trump has deliberately decided to ignore this compassionate precedent. For one reason only - so he can use these children to push his border wall agenda. The whole world is becoming aware of just how dangerous Trump really is, and that he is willingly to try any tactic at any cost. No matter who is harmed along the way.
And look how that turned out. Do we have more or less illegals here today than 15 years ago? Do we have more or less ILLEGALS involved in crime and killing our citizens today than 15 years ago?

The past Presidents only had the wisdom and compassion to AVOID following the law and the wisdom to worry about getting re-elected and the compassion for their fellow party members and their re-elections.

These "past Presidents" you tout punted the freaking ball, that's all they did. They didn't have the nuts to stand up for and actually follow their oath of office. Yeah, they were so great they put us in the position we're in now.
Had those past Presidents actually followed the LAW back then we'd not be having this discussion now because all of these invaders would know that they won't be welcomed, given all sorts of free stuff and taken care of better than the poor/homeless U.S. citizen...

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why are you assuming everyone coming into the country does all that? At most, they are guilty of a misdemeanor. This treatment is not warranted and is only happening for political purposes so Trump can look tough. He's gonna be eating that soon - he can only do his doubling and tripling down for so long then he'll have to retreat and try something new. Republicans are to blame for this - Trump is a lying LIAR.
At least he's not (ugh!) a radical Leftist Democrat -- recruiting illegals as part of a scheme to turn our nation back into something out of the Third World.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The irony is that we're talking pokcies that Obama employed for 8 years and all of the current screamers were cheering him on but now that Trump is doing the exact same thing that Obama did, it's Naziesque
So why can't any defender of this answer the below:

Trump and his supporters have long contended that Obama was very weak on immigration enforcement. That during his presidency, the borders were wide open and "illegals" were flooding across unchecked. Isn't that the entire reasoning for the border wall??

So if that is true, how is it possible that Obama was mandating the same tough, zero-tolerance standards that Trump is now?

Either the lie is that Obama was weak on the border, or the lie is that both administrations had the same policies in place. It cannot be both, as they directly contradict each other. So which is it?

Which Trump supporter is going to answer this?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no you have seen political spin, and media spin I worked the borders for years...
I ain't buying it..if you 'worked the borders for years' you would not falsely claim that unlawful presence in the US became a felony in 2005.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
We are a nation of laws, even the libbies' beloved messiah obama and even Slick Willy said that. President Trump is just upholding those laws, and I am all for it.
And yet there is no law that requires the separation. So they aren't upholding any laws. I ask again... why can't you guys stop lying?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:15 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
And DNA test them to make sure they aren't the victims of human traffickers. Trump suggesting that was genius, that will call off the attack dogs against him. Watch Soros suddenly crawl back under his rock and stop funding the border invasion and disappearance of these children.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:16 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Best way to stop children being separated from illegal-alien parents: Don't sneak across the border!
C'Mon, Man! What would the press and the lunatic left have to screech about if they did that?

They need the 'family' to be separated in order to be photographed so that people who were never going to vote for Trump anyway can have something to whine about.

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Slippery slope your values are on when you continue to justify what this administration is doing.
Yep, slipping right into sealing our borders. Make is as difficult as possible for people to break into our country and instead force them to use the ports of entry (where they are not separated) like all other LAW ABIDING people do. If this had been done back at Bush #1 and forward we'd not have the issues we're having today.

It sure beats the path you and the other hand wringers have put us on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Now all thats missing is proof of child abuse in these centers or that a fire breaks out with not enough personell to get children out.
It doesn't even have to go that far. Some of these tent cities are in places with 100+ degree heat every day. It will just take a kid wandering off and dying in the desert heat. Not that the Trump supporters were care. For them, those kids have it coming and probably deserve to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies