Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I work with these people everyday. Some of the most caring and hard working bunch I’ve ever seen. They work hard for their families, doing work that most Americans shrug at. I used to be anti-illegal, but they opened my eyes, made me realize that they are just as human as anyone else and anyone would do the same coming from their situation. And most of them come here for their families because family is hugely important to them.
Wait. Weren't they "families" where they came from?
In any case, President Trump has just taken the Democrat's issue away from them!
MAGA!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They are sex slaves earning money for MS-13 and/or serving as unpaid workers in Nancy Pelosi's winery.
Nah, they're posing as legit workers at Mar-A-Lago!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
The problem here is that ROR is off the table.... reality is that there will not be a return to catch and release, so legislation is the only way.
lolol turn on the news Trump just cried uncle

Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Trump just caved in, just like every other President he's full of crap about protecting the border and his "very strong on border security".
Surprised? Not in the least.
If they were serious they'd make EVerify law and prosecute employers.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lolol turn on the news Trump just cried uncle
Nope, cried MOMMMY just like "W", Obama, Clinton etc.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Just now:

Trump: "I'll be signing something in a little while to keep families together that will allow families to stay together temporarily"

Tough guy backed down just like I thought he would

Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
To anyone who says or thinks that the kids being detained are, in so many words, better off than they have ever been before in their lives, I can tell you that you are just WRONG. Material possessions cannot make up for the loss of a parent in the child's eyes, even in cases where it is for the safety and the so-called good of the child. The trauma that occurs to a child who is old enough to know what is happening but not old enough to understand is a trauma that is lifelong.

We took in two foster kids when they were three and five and adopted them a year later, and let me tell you that a child who is involuntarily separated from a parent with whom they have bonded, no matter how bad the parent was or how wretched the child's life was with the parent, is -- to repeat -- a trauma that can never be fixed completely. The scars remain no matter how loving their new parents are or how nice the home and new environment are. It is the children who suffer much more than their parents because, to say it again, small children do not understand.

(And, no, as I have made clear in numerous posts, I do not in any way support illegal immigration, but I also don't think that children should suffer because of the mistakes of their parents.)
I'm an ex CPS worker in NYC so I've seen it all. I've removed children from abuse and neglect situations and I can tell you that every child handles it differently. The transition from the parent to the foster care agency is a VERY tricky situation, it a lot of the supposed trauma will be determined on just how smoothly that transition is made. I can tell you about kids who detest children services, and I can tell you about kids who THANK GOD everyday that someone removed them from their circumstances with abusive parents or neglectful lifestyles

That being said, what LOGICAL solution is there if the parents have been arrested? Jail the kids with the parents?

Last edited by itshim; 06-20-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 06-20-2018, 10:24 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you for reminding us about the inhumanity of what is happening here. Politics aside, we are inflicting damage that will last a life time.

I can't believe how callous so many are here about this, especially when it is so unnecessary and so easily stopped. It makes me ashamed to be an American, having this atrocity unfold on the world stage. What has America become? I hardly recognize my country any more.
Did you go to some sort of acting school? Your drama skills are awesome.

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Just now:

Trump: "I'll be signing something in a little while to keep families together that will allow families to stay together temporarily"

Tough guy backed down just like I thought he would
Oh My God, damed if he does, damed if he doesn't. Geeze Louise, I don't believe you....

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Trump just rd indeed and will be signing something to keep families together.

He also announced the cancellation of the Congressional Picnic.

( Obviously not a good optic)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies