Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:06 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,268,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
All she had to eat was her words.

They ran her out of the Mexican restaurant before she could eat her Taco.
Hahahaha!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:07 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,170,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Congress has been avoiding the immigration problem for decades. Under both Democratic and Republican Administrations, and with both Democratic and Republican congresses, they have not had the courage to tackle immigration reform. So of course, the current problem has its roots in that failure.

BUT, Trump chose to push congress to act by confiscating children, tearing them from their parents, exposing them to trauma that has life-long implications. He has used innocent children as pawns in his legislative strategy. He is immoral, as are many of the people who surround him.

Now he has been forced to admit that he COULD unilaterally withdraw his policy. The larger problem remains unresolved, but he has shown himself to be capable of gross child abuse for reason of political maneuvering.
+1

Old 06-20-2018, 12:07 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,705,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.
You mean to issue unconstitutional Executive Orders and non-treaties like Barry?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh..but, but.. they saw pictures on the Communist News Network

Unaccompanied minors:
• The U.S. Refugee Resettlement sees an estimated 2,100 unaccompanied children on any given day
• 80% of the children referred to the ORR end up in a shelter, because they come here unaccompanied
• According to the Polaris project, unaccompanied minors are highly vulnerable to human trafficking
As children are separated from their families, law enforcement agents reclassify them from members of family units to “unaccompanied alien children.” Federal officials said Tuesday that since May, they have separated 2,342 children from their families, rendering them unaccompanied minors in the government’s care.
https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e

Old 06-20-2018, 12:09 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,965,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How could Trump sign a EO to go against an existing law which the liberal 9th court of appeal upheld?

"President Trump is planning to sign an executive order to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

The action under consideration would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time, Fox News has learned. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes. "

Trump plans executive action to prevent family separations at border | Fox News

Also, why don't bleeding heart Democrats support the change of the law?
Do you really want me to post the video of the crocodile tear chuck schumer telling Trump "with a swipe of your pen" you can end this?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,130,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
WHOA THERE buddy.

earlier you claimed Trump was just following the "law".

i asked you to..

So......

You gonna quote the actual law, or just run away as predicted????

Huh? I was responding to someone who mentioned no way to get kids back to parents. I was explaining how fingerprints *could* easily ensure this. I'm not even saying this is what is being done, just what should be done.

As far as the law, I'd done that many times. It's the Flores Agreement and the many court rulings upholding it that says families cannot be kept in civil detention together more than 20 days. Cases are taking 6 weeks and more to resolve. Trump cannot under current law keep families detained together for 6 weeks.

33,033 posts, read 12,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.
And how is that? Bending over and kissing the feet of progressives ?

7,177 posts, read 4,740,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
fake news.

true news--Congress is who does legislation.
True news: the Executive branch implements policy..

28,883 posts, read 30,172,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yanno what? Trump does everything he can to appeal to the racist, nativist instincts of some Republican voters, whether that describe you or not is for you to decide but it is a fact.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...tion-plan.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...p-s-ncna837346
I will state this again: Anyone who tries to uphold a law, that is already on the books, IS NOT Racist.....
and I don't really care what color your skin is....

You call each other names, like 1st graders to bully, and win an a discussion, "no child left behind"

Fact is, Trump was upholding a law already on the books, doesn't matter who writes what articles...that is their opinion, and it is my belief, that everyone, even you, has a right to their own opinion and that doesn't make anyone less of a person....

name dropping is a very insecure and childish game....sorry, it doesn't hold water...all it does is show, how angry and hateful everyone is, and people refuse, to understand....they just want they're way, they want to win....

for your information, I belong to a predominately black church...who in fact, are made up of logical people who care about doing what is right, and won't call each other names b/c someone disagrees with them. It also shows how incapable you and others are, to take a look at both sides of this...without any biased feelings...that's what a rational person does....they don't acuse, point fingers or call each other names like first graders. The race card has outworn it's effect....

So, stomp thru cyber space all you want, you'll find loads and loads of hate articles....and btw, when you have your president in there someday, you'll find the Republicans will act the very same way, not nearly all, but some of them will, and some will discuss, I repeat, DISCUSS the issue logically.

8,924 posts, read 5,599,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
He was smart enough to beat a field of other republican candidates and he was smart enough to beat Hillary.
Not Smart, Trump has a deal with the Russians. He wanted another hotel to make even more money. Trump is arrogant and greedy. Trump has probably never done a thing to help anyone but himself or his kids.. Why does he keep saying no collusion? If he is innocent he needs to act like it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies