Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am sure you're liking him now.
Stopping your own despicable behavior does not move the needle to positive numbers on the decency scale. (Decency, it's a thing. Look it up.)

Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I might not be the first one to see the irony in how people who are against a law that allows snatching "babies" out of a mother's womb support a law that allows snatching babies from a mother's arms, but the sight and sounds of those cages full of crying infants will haunt the Republican base in the future.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is the rub. Trump is beat up by the Left for enforcing an existing law. He goes to change that law and they are criticizing him for writing the EO when in their words a phone call would work. They think he is grand standing to the media with the EO.

The guy cannot win against the Liberal media but lets hope he keeps trying unlike Bush that stopped and was still ridiculed.

If this border situation has shown us anything it is that our border is a mess with thousands of illegal immigrants still trying to get through despite Trump. Imagine if Hillary had won? She would probably be bouncing a bill around today that would require us all to learn Spanish so our newly amnestied neighbors won't feel bad.
There IS NO EXISTING LAW mandating that children be separated from their parents. If there were such a law, how could Trump be fixing it with an EO?

Either (1) stop believing that lie; or (2) stop spreading it.

And kudos for bringing up Hillary. Gotta keep those deflecting skills sharp since nothing else is working.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Fake tears. No one wanted to say anything when this was going on in 2013/2014, until Dems/Media realized they can pin this on Trump prior to the midterms. No one wants to see this, but the media is attempting to depict this as the government literally tearing children out of the arms from parents. Children are unable to be prosecuted, so they're placed in detention centers to attend a future court date or face deportation while awaiting potential contact with their sponsors.

Well provide some data for your claim.

lets see the numbers, the facts, the dates?

If what you are saying is true surely someone somewhere has provided the proof...
Now we all know that you can't , because it is clearly not true. But go ahead and make me look the fool if you can. I say you can't show that Obama was doing anything even vaguely like this boneheaded Trump policy egregiously splitting up families.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
An article I read today said that there isn't any.

"“There is no system whatsoever to track these family separations, no efforts systematically to reunite these families,” Mr. Enriquez said. “There is no supervisor, there is no database saying, ‘child here, parent there,’ so they can come back together.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/n...-new-york.html
Absolutely chilling.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:49 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
“Congress and the courts created this problem, and Congress alone can fix it. Until then, we will enforce every law we have on the books to defend the sovereignty and security of the United States.” — Nielsen

“It's not a policy. Our policy at DHS is to do what we're sworn to do, which is to enforce the law.” — Nielsen

“The only [other] option is to not enforce the law at all.” — Nielsen

“I don't want children taken away from parents. And when you prosecute the parents for coming in illegally, which should happen, you have to take the children away. Now we don't have to prosecute them, but then we're not prosecuting them for coming in illegally.” — Trump

“You can’t do it through an executive order.” — Trump

Less than an hour ago trump signed the EO.

He's dead meat now...Washington smells blood in the water. Adios, Donnie Boy. When you cave big time, you are powerless.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:51 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I wonder how the liberals will spin this...
Trump caved under immense pressure from his own party, who, in turn, were getting immense pressure from their horrified constituents, because what he was doing was, frankly, horrific.

See? No spin necessary with you have the truth on your side.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:52 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Deplorable s all over again! Nice to see liberals being honest
Hey, if the shoe fits. BTW I'm not a liberal, actually a registered republican if we are putting labels on.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I might not be the first one to see the irony in how people who are against a law that allows snatching "babies" out of a mother's womb support a law that allows snatching babies form a mother's arms, but the sight and sounds of those cages full of crying infants will haunt the Republican base in the future.

Mic Drop 10,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUk8-dolkNI

Old 06-20-2018, 01:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I wonder how the liberals will spin this...
Can people note how Trump was lying yesterday when he said only Congress can do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies