Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While your question is fine, we already know what the answer is.

My question is where was their outrage and collective media feeding frenzy when the same thing was going on during the Obama years?

`
and the Clinton/bush years too

Old 06-20-2018, 05:03 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How about just set $100k bond for all illegal entrants? The bleeding hearts that believe that these immigrants will show up can post bond for them.

(Any bond forfeitures from those skipping will be applied to the Wall. Then Trump can say we made the illegals pay for it!)
Excellent idea! The scumbags at the SPLC has over $100 million stored in offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes. They can foot the bill

Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't know a single person that supports someone using illegals. It's probably the same ratio of people that owned slaves. Something like 3% of our population.
I know several, all liberals, who have made comments such as, "We got a new roof put on, and the Mexicans are very hard workers. It's very hard work but it is much cheaper." Or, "If we don't have immigrants, we nobody will work the fields."

I don't think they've really thought it through what it means or how exploitative it is, or that it prevents working class Americans from holding jobs. They understand the people are illegal, but don't really think through the consequences.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I know several, all liberals, who have made comments such as, "We got a new roof put on, and the Mexicans are very hard workers. It's very hard work but it is much cheaper." Or, "If we don't have immigrants, we nobody will work the fields."

I don't think they've really thought it through what it means or how exploitative it is, or that it prevents working class Americans from holding jobs. They understand the people are illegal, but don't really think through the consequences.
Uh huh.

President Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 An Hour for Demolition Project: Court Docs

Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Whether that is true or not, I don't personally know President Trump, so that link has no bearing on my personal experience with liberals I know.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Whether that is true or not, I don't personally know President Trump, so that link has no bearing on my personal experience with liberals I know.
You don't "know Trump personally" so you are giving Trump a Mulligan on this one?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:17 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It was, however, and photo op.

It was also his way of stopping Congress from stepping in and stopping him.
Well... he did want congress to step in... just he wanted his wall or something else.

He put a stop to it when he realized they weren't going to fall for it.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Unicorn View Post
No, No, No....

Don't seperate and resettle the kids....

SEND THEM ALL HOME....

I agree.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How about just set $100k bond for all illegal entrants? The bleeding hearts that believe that these immigrants will show up can post bond for them.

(Any bond forfeitures from those skipping will be applied to the Wall. Then Trump can say we made the illegals pay for it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Excellent idea! The scumbags at the SPLC has over $100 million stored in offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes. They can foot the bill
The 8th amendment knocked. Guess you two weren’t home.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:34 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yeah, he won the proverbial pie in the face.
Not at all. Look at this thread. It went from yelling "families being separated!" "Treaties!" " Asylum seekers!", No logical arguments, just yelling.

Trump "caves" and the real issue is distilled out because, oops, a court could easily overturn the EO. This wasn't "Trump policy", it's what happens when break the law and get arrested like I've been saying the entire time. The real (previous) "administration's policy" was catch and release which is to not actually follow the law. Oops. But I have an excellent idea on how to deal with this, don't cross the border illegally.

Try putting aside your hatred for Trump and be a reasonable, logical, self thinker for once. By the way the MSM LOVED this, they had you collectively raging by calling anyone with a slight tan an "asylum seeker". They are the only ones making bank on this i$$ue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies