Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not sure that it's an easy solution at all but it's certainly a very expensive solution. Private contractors will be lobbying for this as they stand to make a killing.

I'm not sure about your numbers, but if minors who are unaccompanied are covered under the Flores settlement. And if 2,000 children were forcibly taken from their parents I would not call that a false narrative.
It’s currently worth $400 million to Southwest Key. Imagine what the totals are when all of them are totaled.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/20/62200...grant-shelters

Old 06-21-2018, 07:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This wasn't done before.

Babies and toddlers were not put into "tender age" facilities.

There is no law.

This was Trump's policy.

If you post lies, you will be called out for them.
Look and read please

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/711086002/

what do you think has been happening over the years when they catch illegals with children?

do you honestly think all criminals do not have children?

do you have any idea how much this is costing us?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Those 50 posters are not Christians, they are CINOs. They are completely unfamiliar with this Christ dude you keep talking about. They're like, Christ? Who's that?
How could they even be Christians In Name Only if they don't know who Christ is?

Or what He taught?

The man who told the parable of the Good Samaritan would be horrified to see people treat their neighbors this way.

The man who threw the money changers out of the temple would wreck havoc on this bunch of blood suckers.

The man who said about children, "such is the kingdom of heaven."

I don't know who they are following, but it's definitely not Christ.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
If Americans are so enthusiastic about enforcing the law, why is Trump not arresting employers? Employing illegals is also against the law.

IDK what previous POTUS did, but i do know Obama went after auditing I9s at businesses.

Jailing employers would be a cheaper and way faster way to stop people from coming. Why come if there are no jobs?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:22 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
I'm not stopping you from housing and feeding and providing medical care for refugees.
So, you are authorizing them entry to stay with people in US?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:24 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, I'm sorry, I fostered a kid as well...and I worked with kids with our church...I won't buy this, something isn't right here....
Ya know, the kid's response depends on the conditions that a child has experienced, not another person's limited expectations.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:26 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
80% evidently are unaccompanied minors.

and seriously I get wanting to do right by the kids, but where the heck is the outrage that ought to be directed at parents sending their kids? Where is the outrage directed at families that decide to just illegally cross into another country?

because there should be a heck of a lot of it.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:28 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
They aren’t crying.
They don’t care.

They’ve managed to justify his lies since before he was elected, why would they stop now?

What I find most ironic is that by signing this EO, the president has now completely disregarded whatever law they keep claiming the administration was following.

While that was apparently an impeachable offense during the Obama administration, they’ll just shrug now.

Because Trump knows best, or something.

Liberal aren't crying. They do not care about these children

The don't care. Really, they don't.

They just hate President Trump and the Americans who voted for him.

Many despise America. Sad but true.

The exact same things have been happening at the border for years.

The liberals are about politicizing everything unless it is one of their politicians in office.

Helk, they will politicize killing unborn babies if it gets them what they want. They don't really give a crap about the mothers. They just use this excuse to appear compassionate, which they are not.
They want less people. They want to control those that remain.

Informed Americans won't fall for their deceptions.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:28 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If Americans are so enthusiastic about enforcing the law, why is Trump not arresting employers? Employing illegals is also against the law.

IDK what previous POTUS did, but i do know Obama went after auditing I9s at businesses.

Jailing employers would be a cheaper and way faster way to stop people from coming. Why come if there are no jobs?
yup, totally agree with this....if you cut off the head, the rest of the body will die...meaning, they won't have anything to come here for.

However, another point, American workers want top pays....they want to raise the minimum wage, but when they do that, all other prices are effected and go up.

Hence, restaurant prices will go up, everything goes up, its a trickle down effect.

Minimum wage jobs used to be for kids....when they turned 13 years old, parents made them get jobs...it prepared them for the real world, and that is why kids were so much more mature, then....

Kids worked in restaurants, right along with our handicapped....doing the dishes...now it's all illegals, same with pizza shops, Italian Restaurants....Gosh, I'm going back 30- 40 years, they have been coming over here illegally and even worked in country clubs...rich people hired them to be nannys, cleaning women, etc.

this has been going on for a very long time, and we've only got ourselves to blame. It's got to change.

Trump says our immigration laws are bad....well, then, lets revisit them and revise them....but if this continues, we will go broke, we cannot keep paying for all these people and help our own, and tent cities, are a thing of the future if this continues...along with crime and drugs....

Old 06-21-2018, 07:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well Trump just proved his point----the Dems don't want to do anything to help this, they just want to make the mess and blame it on Trump. They made the mess and then blame Trump for it. They passed the law and whine and scream how evil Trump is when he follows the law. They are acting crazy so who would vote for them? When are we going to have sane Dems again?
During the Obama administration, we were told repeatedly that signing an EO to override a law was illegal.
It must follow then, if this policy was actually law, Trump just broke the law by signing an EO to override it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies