Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:31 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Considering there are now accusations of children being drugged in these facilities (made by kids who were in them), this post really falls quite flat. It’s also very telling on how little you actually value you children and their wellbeing.
Please tell me your children are not home schooled.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Pentagon agrees to provide space for 20,000 migrant children
It's only a temporary measure.

Until they get the showers built.

Last edited by Fat Freddy; 06-21-2018 at 06:51 PM..

Old 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Chump doesn’t care about these families/kids! He cares only about himself, and it’s disgusting! I think that his very shy wife talked him into doing the right thing, she seems sincerely compassionate.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Chump doesn’t care about these families/kids! He cares only about himself, and it’s disgusting! I think that his very shy wife talked him into doing the right thing, she seems sincerely compassionate.
He makes a grandiose deal out of signing something to curb families being torn apart and then it seems it was a nothingburger as families are still being separated.
Ya gotta remember this is a guy who sits on a gold toilet in his golden mansion up in the clouds,he has no idea what its like to be poor and desperate for a better life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KouKXa4pw3Y

Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Considering there are now accusations of children being drugged in these facilities (made by kids who were in them), this post really falls quite flat. It’s also very telling on how little you actually value you children and their wellbeing.
Sure they are giving them drugs .. for illnesses. You would prefer that they do nothing when kids are sick? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
It's only a temporary measure.

Until they get the showers built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Nonsense.
The ones that actually don't care about them are the ones who are using them to spew their hate.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
[quote=berdee;52269761]Sure they are giving them drugs .. for illnesses. You would prefer that they do nothing when kids are sick? Wow.

Psychotropic drugs have been and apparently are still being administered to healthy kids, to control behavior. A drugged child is easier to control.

Drug abuse of this kind has been reported at a facility in Texas as well as at one in Virginia. Both facilities are operated by for-profit companies, from what I understand.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The war against illegal immigration is winless unless America somehow outlawed birthright citizenship which is abused by immigrants from all over the world. Even China has a system where they fly in rich pregnant women to have kids
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25721...os-joseph-curl
It’s hilarious that as the world’s richest country we think we have a fighting chance against illegals when we reward their children with citizenship, who will grow up to sponsor their undocumented parents for a green card.
You can get a green card if you invest $500,000 in project that promises to create US Jobs, and apparently you can get one by investing in a Kushner real estate project because that's what they were selling to the chinese Kushner family in Beijing: 'Invest $500,000 and immigrate' to US Here's more on how it works: https://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ful...ogram-28662457
And while Trump has his followers panties in a bunch worrying about invaders and MS-13, it appears that if you are a forger, have committed fraud, or if you're simply a criminal and want to be a US Citizen the EB-5 visa is perfect for you! https://abcnews.go.com/US/whistleblo...ry?id=28671577

And this goes on while people freak out about how outrageous it is for some guatemalan woman with an 8 month baby to seek asylum /sigh

Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Sure they are giving them drugs .. for illnesses. You would prefer that they do nothing when kids are sick? Wow.
Try again...

Quote:
One child was prescribed 10 different shots and pills, including the antipsychotic drugs Latuda, Geodon and Olanzapine, the Parkinson’s medication Benztropine, the seizure medications Clonazepam and Divalproex, the nerve pain medication and antidepressant Duloxetine, and the cognition enhancer Guanfacine.

Dosage recommendations at Shiloh gave orderlies what Mills called an unusually wide berth to determine how much medicine to give the children. Shiloh already had a reputation for mistreating children. In December 2014, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, called for Shiloh to be shut down, citing reports from the Houston Chronicle of “physical violence, unreasonable and excessive use of physical restraints, administering emergency medications without notice to governmental authorities, and several deaths of minor children while in custody,” she said in a statement. But the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services continued sending children and funds to Shiloh – a total of more than $19 million after the congresswoman called for its closure, according to federal payment records.
https://www.revealnews.org/blog/immi...awsuit-claims/

Old 06-21-2018, 07:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is effectively being done to punish people without the rule of law. IE pre-emptively.

We have people who have had their children taken from them while they are seeking asylum who WILL end up being US citizens....but who we punished without proper judicial review.

We have throughout decades said that family unity was important. To toss it away is a decision based on hatred and fear, not logic. Deport those we need to deport, but separating families is cruel and stupid.
So true. Obama was wrong to institute such an illegal and inhumane practice.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...raged_her.html

Old 06-21-2018, 07:46 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes. It appears that the people who operate that facility do need to be charged.

Why did they not shut that place down in 2014? Why were people not outraged in 2014?

"Shiloh already had a reputation for mistreating children. In December 2014, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, called for Shiloh to be shut down, citing reports from the Houston Chronicle of “physical violence, unreasonable and excessive use of physical restraints, administering emergency medications without notice to governmental authorities, and several deaths of minor children while in custody,” she said in a statement.

But the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services continued sending children and funds to Shiloh – a total of more than $19 million after the congresswoman called for its closure, according to federal payment records. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies