Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
So in otherwords you have no clue, evidence or fact based that anyone is "psychologically damaged?" Right? Then why gin up that claim knowing that someone might call you out on it?

You're lying, and you're backing a lie, and continue to back it, regardless of how many people call you out on it and post proof that it was a lie.

here's the fact check again.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/im...ver-separated/

Trump wasn't standing in front of a crying child...

And the picture/soundtrack of the crying and the child was never "separated" from their parent.

That's basically the gist of proving why you are wrong and why you are struggling here.
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen a photo with Trump standing in front of a crying child. I never heard some ridiculous soundtrack. And that's not what you referenced when you claimed the PHOTO was a lie.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Like it or not, Trump is a narcissistic bully who likes to treat human beings badly! He sucks as a person, and I’ll be glad when he’s gone!

Old 06-22-2018, 12:32 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen a photo with Trump standing in front of a crying child. I never heard some ridiculous soundtrack. And that's not what you referenced when you claimed the PHOTO was a lie.
then clearly you weren't paying attention to anything.

btw ...yes a photo "exists"...that's about the only argument that you can make ...so I guess in that sense it isn't a "lie"

but what the picture represented was a lie.

Feigning ignorance isn't cute either.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
We Were All Duped: Truth Comes Out About Girl Who Became Face of Child Separation Crisis

https://www.americandailynews.org/20...utm_source=anh

The mother was coming here to get a job not escaping any danger. The child's father said he would not have done what his wife did.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Default Mother Of Immigrant Girl In Viral 'Separation' Picture Was Deported In 2013

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32186...-james-barrett

Hmm, Time magazine seems to be asking for the fake news criticisms to continue

Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
It isn't just luck, of course, but it is a result of a combination of circumstances. Our stable government isn't the result of me or you or any other individual's efforts. We are fortunate to have a system where we can air our grievances in a court system that has been perceived as fair and just for the most part. And that's not a given. There are many conservatives who don't think our courts are fair and just, but think they are tilted with a liberal bias. We are going through a period where conservatives are addressing what they perceive as the bias against them. Just as conservatives are airing their dissatisfaction with the fourth estate. The pendulum will swing the other way in a decade or so. That's part of the balancing act that gives us this stability. When people feel disenfranchised, when they feel that their voices are silenced, then you are on the path to instability. And that's one of the things that defines third-world countries. Large portions of their populations aren't represented in the government, don't have a voice in how their nations function, don't have any power. And when the corruption gets so bad, when their nation abuses them, they flee, in search of a better world for themselves and their families.

There is a disconnect between the long term solution of building a viable nation and the short term solution of solving one family's immediate problems. Unless you intend to just redistribute the population of Central America into the US you have to fix those sh#thole countries. That's a complex issue but I'll tell you what will NOT work. Taking the best people out of those countries will not make those countries better.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Mother Of Crying Child Was Previously Deported In 2013 | The Daily Caller

Mother Of Crying Child Was Previously Deported In 2013

While illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor, illegal reentry is a felony.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:26 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
details like these don't matter. give us more doctored pictures that will induce splutters of outrage.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Things can’t be that bad if you’ve got 6000 dollars lying around for a coyote.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Desperate people resort to desperate measures.

Our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. But isolationism is not a responsible solution.

What percentage of Latin America should we resettle each year until you believe we have "done enough?"

And then, once we have resettled Latin America, how do we turn a blind eye to all the desperate people from Africa that we should resettle? You know that Africa's population is set to explode in the next few decades, with no sign that their economies will be able to keep up.

How much of your way of life are you willing to give up? More importantly, why do you think it's your place to decide that your fellow citizens should sacrifice our hard-fought way of life in order to resettle the world's desperate populations during a time when our resources, land and environment is undergoing constant and increased stress?

Obviously (I hope) you see there must be a limit. Some people say we're at that limit. I'd suggest there's more evidence we're AT a limit than evidence that we can continue to import poverty AND sustain our ambitions for social welfare and equal opportunity.

Respect that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies