Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Then let the process decide that. NO other country separates children from refugee claimants. Guess it takes 'Murican exceptionalism to excel in that. Hoo raa.
You still haven't told us what happens to the children when adult tresspassers are arrested and thrown in jail. The children go with them?

Wait the goal post shifted now. It was illegal aliens, now it's refugees.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That process does not work, they are trying to game the system. We already know Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, etc. are not refugees. My country sucks is not a valid reason to seek asylum. As well other than Mexicans, those seeking asylum must apply in the first county they enter. That is not the US.
No, there is a due process that the US agreed to by treaty for refugees, which makes it THE LAW. You want the US to abide by laws, right?

Oh, hold it, apparently the US knows that it has obligations, and passed the Refugee Act in 1980. It's the LAW.

Refugee Act

Why do otherwise law abiding citizens demand the USA NOT follow it's own law? Refugees have rights, there is a process in place, and let that process flow. It will determine who is and isn't a true refugee. What are you afraid of?

Old 05-16-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You still haven't told us what happens to the children when adult tresspassers are arrested and thrown in jail. The children go with them?

Wait the goal post shifted now. It was illegal aliens, now it's refugees.

There is a treaty and a law the US has agreed to. Stick with what has been agreed to. Follow the process. Fake claims will be deported, but do NOT separate refugee claimant families. NO other country in the world does that, none.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:01 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
There is a treaty and a law the US has agreed to. Stick with what has been agreed to. Follow the process. Fake claims will be deported, but do NOT separate refugee claimant families. NO other country in the world does that, none.

What part of being "forewarned" not to bring your kids here or you may be separated, don't you get?

Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of being "forewarned" not to bring your kids here or you may be separated, don't you get?
What part of having an obligation under international treaty and US law on refugees do you not get? This isn't only an ethical and moral issue, it is a REQUIREMENT that refugee claimants get due process. Is the US above it's own laws? Is it above international treaty, one ratified by Congress?

Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why is it a slap?

I've never understood that mindset whether its regarding immigration, welfare, public schools etc.

"Well *I* had to do (X), why shouldn't everyone else?"

Well, because life ain't fair. Why push people down further? How does that make your life or mine any better?

It's a slap in the face to the rule of law and those who followed the legal process to come here illegally and then demand to be made legal. If you can't understand that you're beyond help. That's why we have laws so that everything is fair for everyone. All of our lives are better by respecting our laws and why they are in place.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
What part of having an obligation under international treaty and US law on refugees do you not get? This isn't only an ethical and moral issue, it is a REQUIREMENT that refugee claimants get due process. Is the US above it's own laws? Is it above international treaty, one ratified by Congress?

We have no obligation to allow them to bring their kids here illegally when they are "forewarned" not to do so. Due process is another subject altogether. That is what many of them are doing with their bogus claims of seeking asylum.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:20 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
It's also a requirement they head to the first nation to offer safe haven, they passed through at least 2 coming from Honduras. If coming from Guatemala at least one.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I know the difference in being a war refugee and intentionally using kids to cross the border illegally.
Exactly, and Mexico and those other Latino countries aren't war torn nor are most of these people under any other kind of danger. Sessions knows this and therefore he is warning them not to bring their families here claiming a bogus asylum claim. They need to apply in their homelands and if they make the trek anyway they need to stop in the first country where the danger no longer exists. These are mostly people who are coming here for economic opportunities on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's also a requirement they head to the first nation to offer safe haven, they passed through at least 2 coming from Honduras. If coming from Guatemala at least one.
Not true. Only Canada and the US have an agreement with regards to making a refugee claim in the first country they hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies